Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone else started shopping for Christmas 2016 yet??

• 01-01-2016 12:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭An Riabhach

Ye must think I'm going mental.

Now I aint no fan of Xmas,to put it mildly.
    But with all the sales,reductions etc.,starting from yesterday I've already bought 4 presents for next Xmas.These include 3 perfume gift sets for my nieces from my local chemist,all reduced,i.e.Katy Perry,FCUK and Hallie Berry for a total of €37.07.
    A colouring/sticker book and a book of nursery rhymes for my nephew which came to €7.98.

Throw in 2 boxes of cards from Eason both with 50% off.

Now's the time to start,people....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,797 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Ive picked up a few things too. I got lovely Christmas reindeers (cuddly toys) for my husbands nephews. They were 75% off in Eason so cost me about €3.50 each. I bought the good quality wrapping paper there too along with ribbons, bows, gift tags etc, everything 75% off. I also got some good stuff in Boots at half price, the stuff that will be gone when everything else gets reduced to 70% off. Finally, I picked up 2 lovely Tipperary Crystal ornaments in Sam McCauleys reduced to €5.00 each. I had a voucher which I received with a purchase before Christmas so they were free. I'll be on the look out for bargains over the next few weeks. I keep a list now on Evernote as in previous years I used to forget what I had and would end up buying way too much.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Started too. I have a list I buy for and a figure I spend on each. If I get something in the sales, that means that person gets the value.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭An Riabhach

There's me next thing-wrapping paper.That's sure to be goin for half nothin.
    And I'm thinkin of gettin wooly hats for me triplet nephews in Penneys or somewhere-I havent a clue what toys to get them that they havent already got....and all this long before their birthdays!!
    Jaysus,I am goin a bit funny....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭AppleBottle

I actually would like to this - I saw some great things for people which I got full price and now are significantly cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

i have 11 people bought for from the sales..
    Got a few pairs of River island slippers/purses/handbags in the sale..
    clarins was half price for those sets...

i am shocked i have gotten so much!!

only have parents, other half and brothers left to buy for...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭mark26ireland

Picked up some stuff in Newbridge yesterday, First stop Yankee candle shop at Toughers, LOADS of stuff reduced and put up in the attic for next year, then 2 doors down into PetWorld, 6 massive bones for the puppy for €8 for now obviously!! Then white water into Debenhams, got a cookie jar that sings when you press the button to open it, reduced from €28 to €14, Christmas Cards in Easons, 50% off. Was really nice to squeeze the last bit out of Christmas 2015 before everything will be taken down on Monday and put away!

Picked up some stuff in Newbridge yesterday, First stop Yankee candle shop at Toughers, LOADS of stuff reduced and put up in the attic for next year, then 2 doors down into PetWorld, 6 massive bones for the puppy for €8 for now obviously!! Then white water into Debenhams, got a cookie jar that sings when you press the button to open it, reduced from €28 to €14, Christmas Cards in Easons, 50% off. Was really nice to squeeze the last bit out of Christmas 2015 before everything will be taken down on Monday and put away!

what price are we talking for the yankee shop? is it worth me taking a trip to blanch?

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭mark26ireland

shakencat wrote: »
    what price are we talking for the yankee shop? is it worth me taking a trip to blanch?

My wife was doing most of the buying, i was just paying :)

But from what i seen the Large jars are €15, you can get a double Jar for €15, and loads of the melts and votives are very cheap, the prices are on the yankee website as well i think?

im a sucker for online shopping, i don't even need my card. it magically knows my digits :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

I start every year in January :) I got a few nice bits in the Kilkenny shop for the in laws and the adults in the family and for the kiddies I will buy as sales pop up through the year. Oh I need to go to newbridge silverware too has anyone been ? Any good bargains ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I've set up a few Camel Camel Camel alerts so I can buy some gifts on Amazon when the price goes down. That's about it!

Posted already in the open the selection box thread but was browsing the sales online (as you do at 11pm at night :p ) and ordered a lovely pair of superman cufflinks for Mr glitzgirl and star wars cushions online for the mini glitz! Once I start picking up christmas pressies for Mr glitzgirl or the kids I know the Christmas prep for next year has officially begun in my house ! :D

Just bought 2 rolls of wrapping paper for 75c each from me local discount store :-)

LOADS of stuff left in liffey valley boots, i was shocked!
    should shave went there before i ordered stuff online!

Just bought a woolly hat and gloves set each for my triplet nephews with Olaf from Frozen design on them in Penneys in Limerick-were €6.00 each but now reduced to €3.00 each....
    Dunno if the hats will fit,but sure theyll grow into them!

That's 7 presents I've got now altogether,and I'm as happy as a pig in sheit!!!

Just bought a woolly hat and gloves set each for my triplet nephews with Olaf from Frozen design on them in Penneys in Limerick-were €6.00 each but now reduced to €3.00 each....
    Dunno if the hats will fit,but sure theyll grow into them!

That's 7 presents I've got now altogether,and I'm as happy as a pig in sheit!!!

Ah lovely ! Oh wow triplets ! Definitly something they can grow into so ! My toddler got olaf slipper socks and he refuses to wear them I keep trying to bribe him with goodies because they are just so cute!

Well ahead of yourself for the shopping next year! Happy days :)

Glitzgirl wrote: »
    Ah lovely ! Oh wow triplets ! Definitly something they can grow into so ! My toddler got olaf slipper socks and he refuses to wear them I keep trying to bribe him with goodies because they are just so cute!

Well ahead of yourself for the shopping next year! Happy days :)
    Yep-still 6 more to buy for but to be over halfway there already is unbelieveable.

Well jaysus these triplets had better wear em!!
    They're at the toddler age now and I've been gettin them soft toys up to now coz they end up hitting each other with them....

The only Frozen character hats and gloves I seen was Olaf-I couldn't find anything with Annabelle on it for my neice,but I will come up wit somethin...

Yep-still 6 more to buy for but to be over halfway there already is unbelieveable.

Well jaysus these triplets had better wear em!!
    They're at the toddler age now and I've been gettin them soft toys up to now coz they end up hitting each other with them....

The only Frozen character hats and gloves I seen was Olaf-I couldn't find anything with Annabelle on it for my neice,but I will come up wit somethin...

Think you mean Elsa or Anna ? Embarrassed to say I don't even have girls in the house as an excuse I just love the film :p:)

Omg hitting each other with the teddies haha. The poor parents must be having a great time ! :D when they get older you should so get them those little foam swords and let them just whack each other all day. Best present ever by sounds of it.

Well once one starts wearing them the other two should follow suit ! I really want my little guy to wear them but he just refuses stubborn little git :o it's like he knows as soon as he puts them on I'm gonna take a million pics to embarrass him with later and he just refuses to cooperate ! :(

I have made a start ony eldest guys christmas stuff and my mam sister and my best friends gifts so im happy !

I also got eldest guys first communion outfit in sale so im super happy with that. Organising candy buffet as we speak ... :)

Think you mean Elsa or Anna ? Embarrassed to say I don't even have girls in the house as an excuse I just love the film :p:)

Omg hitting each other with the teddies haha. The poor parents must be having a great time ! :D when they get older you should so get them those little foam swords and let them just whack each other all day. Best present ever by sounds of it.

Well once one starts wearing them the other two should follow suit ! I really want my little guy to wear them but he just refuses stubborn little git :o it's like he knows as soon as he puts them on I'm gonna take a million pics to embarrass him with later and he just refuses to cooperate ! :(

I have made a start ony eldest guys christmas stuff and my mam sister and my best friends gifts so im happy !

I also got eldest guys first communion outfit in sale so im super happy with that. Organising candy buffet as we speak ... :)

Sounds like you're also making great progress!!

Sure jakers,no bleedin wonder I couldn't find anythin....
    I distinctly remember hearin that my niece was dressing as "Annabelle" for Halloween last year(definitely Annabelle),and this eejit here presumed straight away that she was from Frozen....
    (embarrassed)

Sounds like you're also making great progress!!

Sure jakers,no bleedin wonder I couldn't find anythin....
    I distinctly remember hearin that my niece was dressing as "Annabelle" for Halloween last year(definitely Annabelle),and this eejit here presumed straight away that she was from Frozen....
    (embarrassed)

OOoh what a great costume idea. If I'm right I think she meant the freaky possessed doll Annabelle ("the conjuring" Springs to mind here but could be wrong ?) . Think freaky porcelain /rag doll and you get the idea. No definitely Anna and Elsa for frozen although everyone loves olaf so you should be golden ! :)

Ah u wanna talk embarrassing poor Mr glitz knows the songs off ftom frozen from me watching it here in the house and he went into work one day and started humming it absentmindedly (sp?) And a guy he works with recognised it and smirked and said "frozen. Your daughters driving you mad about it too " and mr glitz actually turned around and laughed and said no my misses is.... :eek: i could have died when he told me :eek: lol

• Advertisement

OOoh what a great costume idea. If I'm right I think she meant the freaky possessed doll Annabelle ("the conjuring" Springs to mind here but could be wrong ?) . Think freaky porcelain /rag doll and you get the idea. No definitely Anna and Elsa for frozen although everyone loves olaf so you should be golden ! :)

Ah u wanna talk embarrassing poor Mr glitz knows the songs off ftom frozen from me watching it here in the house and he went into work one day and started humming it absentmindedly (sp?) And a guy he works with recognised it and smirked and said "frozen. Your daughters driving you mad about it too " and mr glitz actually turned around and laughed and said no my misses is.... :eek: i could have died when he told me :eek: lol
    Well tis definiteley an advantage seeing those films!!:-):-):-)

This fella here obviously hasn't seen either Frozen or Annabelle-The Conjuring.....and never even heard of the latter.

Holy feck,isn't it a good job I didn't ask an assistant if they had somethin with "Annabelle" on it!!??!

• What I've bought so far:
    Socks, hats, gloves, scarves, pyjamas, wrapping paper and cards. Last Jan I got a new tree, lights and decorations. They'll last at least 10 years.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I am going to go to Yankee tomorrow after work and see if there are any reduced gift-sets left. Might be able to cross Present One off the list!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Wow loads of you are ahead of the game, I would love to be able to stock up on some pyjamas I haven't seen any reduced online, I have picked up 4 gift sets from Boots great reductions

Caiden Squeaking Geese do you mind me asking where did you get the pjs?

• SarahLil wrote: »
    Wow loads of you are ahead of the game, I would love to be able to stock up on some pyjamas I haven't seen any reduced online, I have picked up 4 gift sets from Boots great reductions

Caiden Squeaking Geese do you mind me asking where did you get the pjs?

Marks and Spencer and Tesco. I usually buy bottoms on their own and get a teeshirt/vest to go with them. Got a lovely dressing gown in Marks for €12.

Marks and Spencer and Tesco. I usually buy bottoms on their own and get a teeshirt/vest to go with them. Got a lovely dressing gown in Marks for €12.

Thanks Caiden Squeaking Geese I love mix and match too, love receiving them my aunt has a great eye for them

i bought myself a bike today <-- early 2016 pressie :o

Whoops 4 more presents bought thanks again Caiden Squeaking Geese for the heads up on Tesco & M&S

Posy wrote: »
    I am going to go to Yankee tomorrow after work and see if there are any reduced gift-sets left. Might be able to cross Present One off the list!! :D

Shaws still have the Yankee Candle christmas Box set of 12 festive candles ( you know the ones in the little house :) ) reduced to € 20. I picked up 3 the other day :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Would love to start my shopping now but don't have the money or the space to store them!

Advertisement