Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Singles Thread - Mark II

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,219 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭Trebor176

Autosport wrote: »

You're never fully dressed without a smile :)

Aww shucks :rolleyes:

Did it make you smile?

• Advertisement

Did it make you smile?

Ah, it did. You know me, I'm a soppy git :P The smile was wiped off at the thoughts of being back in work tomorrow, though :mad:

I did my job, made someone smile :)

Work is a pain but has to be done

I did my job, made someone smile :)

Work is a pain but has to be done

I've been kind of down the last few days, but getting there :)

Yes, the joys of being in the retail industry. Most other places have this week off. I'll be changing jobs soon, hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Trebor176 wrote: »
    If I had someone to go with, I'd certainly go to one. Rather than just focusing online maybe, it's also good to try to build up the confidence enough to actually approach a girl. Such nights would actually be quite good, I'm sure. Most of my friends are in relationships, so that would be them out of the question. I couldn't do it alone. I'm 29, so I just feel that I probably need to expand my options in terms of meeting someone. Lord knows online dating is getting considerably harder.

I have seen singles nights advertised on POF, which tend to occur every few months or so. I think the venue varies, but they would tend to be in bars and the like. This could also be of benefit: http://www.meetup.com/Dublin-Singles-Nights/ I have just signed up to that out of curiosity.

Yeah I'd like to go to these types of nights even just tocgive them a try but I've nobody to go with and going alone wouldn't be my thing.

FrostyJim wrote: »
    Yeah I'd like to go to these types of nights even just tocgive them a try but I've nobody to go with and going alone wouldn't be my thing.

I'm in the same boat. I'm just seeing what's out there really. There are a number of singles groups, as well as various other social groups. It's good to meet new people, but I really feel that I need to have someone in my life as well, so singles groups would be ideal. I've just been down about single-life the last few days.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

FrostyJim wrote: »

Same here, Jim. That's what tends to cripple me socially.

Same here, Jim. That's what tends to cripple me socially.

Would you both be up for it in the new year, lads? Or, indeed anyone on here? PM me your Facebook, if anyone wishes to :)

Would you both be up for it in the new year, lads? Or, indeed anyone on here? PM me your Facebook, if anyone wishes to :)

I dunno, man. I'd really like my first internet orgy to be with some girls, but beggars can't be choosers I guess! :pac:

I dunno, man. I'd really like my first internet orgy to be with some girls, but beggars can't be choosers I guess! :pac:

It's likely my first gf would be from the 'net as well :P Then again, I could actually be out somewhere and there she'll be. I would probably have the courage to approach, depending on the company. These groups on Meetup do seem quite active and easy going.

A friend of mine did suggest it to me ages back, but I wasn't sure at first. She's now engaged and is moving across the pond soon, so she won't be attending such things.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭DopeTech

I might be up for it but if anyone's askes we'll have to lie about how we met! Lol

I'd say we'd have a mad laugh if we met up! :)

It would be good craic alright :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,517 ✭✭✭addicted to caffeine

first date with new guy will be on my birthday, which is in 22 days. Very excited and nervous :o:D

Had a great day today :D how's everyone here?

It would be good craic alright :)

It would be awesome! :pac:
    first date with new guy will be on my birthday, which is in 22 days. Very excited and nervous :o:D

Go get him, gurl! :D

Ahoyhoy! :)

• Advertisement

It was kind of depressing being back in work. The roads were so quiet, as were my colleagues. Sod all banter. None of us saw the point of being back in. Otherwise, I'm grand :) And yourself?
    It would be awesome!

Well now, a new year is just around the corner. So, something will definitely have to be organised at some stage. There are various singles bars to go hunting in ;) If not that, then group drinks somewhere.:)

It was kind of depressing being back in work. The roads were so quiet, as were my colleagues. Sod all banter. None of us saw the point of being back in. Otherwise, I'm grand :) And yourself?

Well now, a new year is just around the corner. So, something will definitely have to be organised at some stage. There are various singles bars to go hunting in ;) If not that, then group drinks somewhere.:)

Back in work already?! *bro-hugs*

Back in work already?! *bro-hugs*

Yep, and I was denied today and tomorrow off. Too "busy" to be going off. I have to carry the two days to next month. Next Monday and Tuesday? Nope! Out of the question too, as it is the sales season. Well for those that were able to take the time off! Anyway, there has been sod all to do, other than to catch up on a few things, which are practically done already. Our unit is at the end of a row of three/four others. I looked out earlier, and the car park was practically deserted, apart from the cars at my place.

Yep, and I was denied today and tomorrow off. Too "busy" to be going off. I have to carry the two days to next month. Next Monday and Tuesday. Nope! Out of the question too, as it is the sales season. Well for those that were able to take the time off! Anyway, there has been sod all to do, other than to catch up on a few things, which are practically done already.

What line of work are you in, if you don't mind me asking?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,517 ✭✭✭addicted to caffeine

It would be awesome! :pac:

Go get him, gurl! :D

Ahoyhoy! :)

I'll do my best to :D

What line of work are you in, if you don't mind me asking?

I'm in an accounts department in the head office for a chain of retail stores. Retail does tend to be a busy area. I am looking to change jobs for a few reasons, but reluctant, as I like the people I work with. But, I was told to avoid hotels and retail, perhaps due to the poor amount of holidays.

I'm in an accounts department in the head office for a chain of retail stores. Retail does tend to be a busy area. I am looking to change jobs for a few reasons, but reluctant, as I like the people I work with. But, I was told to avoid hotels and retail, perhaps due to the poor amount of holidays.

Given the sales etc, I can understand you being busy.

What other industry would you like to get into ideally?

Given the sales etc, I can understand you being busy.

What other industry would you like to get into ideally?

I don't mind too much really. However, practice would have been great. Foolishly, I turned down an offer in a practice a few months after I started in the current place, as I was happy at the time. But, since then, things have not worked out as hoped, so I still regret my decision.

I don't mind too much really. However, practice would have been great. Foolishly, I turned down an offer in a practice a few months after I started in the current place, as I was happy at the time. But, since then, things have not worked out as hoped, so I still regret my decision.

Sorry to hear that, T. Things can still turn around though. Use what you said there to your advantage. Like if you're in an interview, use it to show how committed you were to your job etc. :)

• Advertisement

Sorry to hear that, T. Things can still turn around though. Use what you said there to your advantage. Like if you're in an interview, use it to show how committed you were to your job etc. :)

I should have one lined up in the next couple of weeks. Well, I am meeting with someone next week, so depending how that goes, an interview will be arranged. I've had a few interviews already, but have had to make excuses to go to them ;) I should be further ahead career-wise.

Advertisement