Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Singles Thread - Mark II

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,517 ✭✭✭addicted to caffeine

Hey folks!

Just taking a break from my project at the moment so say I'm no longer single :D Have been friends with a guy since I was 19 and things changed between us recently. Early days yet but hope it works out :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

Trebor176 wrote: »
    All good here Hugo, thankfully. I'm looking forward to the few days off :) How's things with you?

Ah you know me, old boy! Causing trouble wherever I go! :D

Yeah the holidays will be great! When do you finish up?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭Trebor176

Ah you know me, old boy! Causing trouble wherever I go! :D

Yeah the holidays will be great! When do you finish up?

Haha, like myself ;)

I'm finishing up on Wednesday. Hopefully we'll be let go early. I'm not exactly feeling as festive as I would normally be, but I'm sure once I'm finished, I'll get into the spirit :)

Nicely done, Caffy! :)

I'm a notorious grinch, Trebor! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,219 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I'm coming home :D Happy Christmas everybody!!!!

• Advertisement

Happy Christmas to you too! :)

Welcome home so, AS, and Happy Christmas to you both, and indeed to everyone here :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,517 ✭✭✭addicted to caffeine

Nicely done, Caffy! :)

I'm a notorious grinch, Trebor! :D

thanks hugo :D

Auto is back :D Hope everyone is ready for Santa ;):D

Welcome back, AS :) Yes, I'm good and ready to go. I saw the man himself behind the wheel of a bus earlier ;)

• Advertisement

Trebor176 wrote: »
    Welcome back, AS :) Yes, I'm good and ready to go. I saw the man himself behind the wheel of a bus earlier ;)

Saw a pic of it on 98FM's Facebook. A driver on the 29A. Fair play to him, haha.

Karsini wrote: »
    Saw a pic of it on 98FM's Facebook. A driver on the 29A. Fair play to him, haha.

It might be the same chap, but he was spotted too last week on another route (same depot). it was the same last year and previous years. Fair play to him or them anyway :)

What would you like to get from Santa for Christmas?

Happy Christmas folks xxxx

Autosport wrote: »
    Happy Christmas folks xxxx

Happy Christmas to you too, AS. And to everyone else also. :)

Hope Santa was good to you :)

Hope Santa was good to you :)

A stocking of coal, unfortunately! :pac:

How about you?

A stocking of coal, unfortunately! :pac:

How about you?

Coal is needed at this time of year ;) I was a very good girl so Santa rewarded me accordingly ;)

Got 2 bags of coal :D

He was extra generous to me. Three bags of coal, two packs of briquettes and a large box of matches :P

Happy Christmas to you all :)

Wasn't good enough to get matches :(

:D

• Advertisement

It's kind of useless having them, seeing as the fire is a gas fire :rolleyes:

Well, how is everyone? Hope you all had a good Christmas. It's a shame it's over, but it's less than a year to go now until Christmas ;)

I'm back. Let's just say, single life continues. Not sure how I feel right now, not really thinking about it.

I'm back. Let's just say, single life continues. Not sure how I feel right now, not really thinking about it.

Sorry to hear that K. The right one is out there somewhere :) It's hard to know how to feel about that sort of thing, especially if you were both quite close. Sure, you'll probably feel down about it now and again. It's good you're not thinking too much about it, though. I guess it's just a case of focusing on other things.

I've been feeling down about the whole single thing too. There's just someone that has been on my mind of late.

Evening folks :) sorry to hear about that Kar and Treb you never know what the the new year will bring :)

*bro-hugs*

Sorry to hear that, Brother K. There'll be others, man. Don't feel too down about this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Hi guys and gals, haven't dropped in here in a good while. Was wondering could anyone recommend any singles nights in Dublin for a guy in his mid 20s.

Want to get out there a bit more and I might push myself to go to one. Do people normally go to these type of things alone or bring a friend?

FrostyJim wrote: »
    Hi guys and gals, haven't dropped in here in a good while. Was wondering could anyone recommend any singles nights in Dublin for a guy in his mid 20s.

Want to get out there a bit more and I might push myself to go to one. Do people normally go to these type of things alone or bring a friend?

If I had someone to go with, I'd certainly go to one. Rather than just focusing online maybe, it's also good to try to build up the confidence enough to actually approach a girl. Such nights would actually be quite good, I'm sure. Most of my friends are in relationships, so that would be them out of the question. I couldn't do it alone. I'm 29, so I just feel that I probably need to expand my options in terms of meeting someone. Lord knows online dating is getting considerably harder.

I have seen singles nights advertised on POF, which tend to occur every few months or so. I think the venue varies, but they would tend to be in bars and the like. This could also be of benefit: http://www.meetup.com/Dublin-Singles-Nights/ I have just signed up to that out of curiosity.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Sorry to hear that kar...you seem a good guy :)

I feel a bit of a fraud posting about here as I'm taking extended break from actually proper dating etc as I'll be too busy for it in 2016

Advertisement