Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BIMM Audition 16/17?

• 26-11-2015 7:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi all, first post so sorry if it`s in the wrong section. :D Anyways, I`m doing the L.C at the moment and I hope to study Commercial Modern Music in BIMM under the guitar stream. I was just wondering if anyone also wanting to go in 16/17 too or even better someone currently studying in BIMM (especially guitarists) could help me out and answer a few questions regarding auditions please? :)

1. What does the audition generally consist of, what is expected by the tutors?
    2. Is it easy to get high points if you are fairly proficient in music theory (Chord, scale theory, modes etc.) and do a decent performance? (I`m not the most academic person so I would be hoping to get in around +500 points in the audition)
    3. To current BIMM guitar students, how do you find the course so far?

Also, any tips/advice in preparation etc. would be greatly appreciated as well as I`m finding it pretty hard to find information regarding the audition/marking process, thanks guys :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 heymam

My son has just started in BIMM in September in the guitar stream.. He had his audition/interview in March I think. Once the CAO closes in Feb they will send you out an email telling you what will be expected of you in the audition. He had to prepare a piece of four minute duration to play (He did Crazy Train) It was longer than four minutes but he cut it down and keep in the best bits!!!. He also had to improvise over a blues progression and play with a metronome. You need to know all your chords on all parts of the neck including 7s and 9s.. They also chat with you and ask about if you in a band or if you have played gigs and where you want to go with your music. That was just what he was asked but there are probably other things too.. He never did any formal training, has no 'proper qualifications' in music and is mainly self taught. He got 522 point at audition.. The total points for last year was 860 afaik. He absolutely loves the course but music is all he wanted to do. If you want to know anything else just ask and I will try to find out for you. Happy Christmas!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Finnster_98

Hey, thanks for the reply, very helpful. :) I can't think of any more questions at the moment but if I do I'll be sure to ask, thanks again :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ian.doyle

do you remember when you got the results from the audition?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Kchunt88

Results for the audition are usually emailed around the end of may.

Advertisement