Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ryanair - New reserved seating structure(s)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭NeVeR

Luke92 wrote: »
    You see they had priority boarding separate for 5 euro extra. Now its bundled in with the seat selection. So they upped the price. So you're paying for your seat and priority boarding.

This isn't true.

well if it is i got robbed lol

I was reading on there site that the €5 standard / €10 premium seating are low season prices..

the €10/€15 are high season prices.

I also added priority boarding which cost an extra €1.50 each way per person.

Priority boarding was not included in the seat booking. But i think if i went for the more expensive seating i.e. €15 in this case I would have received free priority boarding.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭Gatica

See same discussion here:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=92211055

If you have the patience, you can check progress of seating allocation and get the seat you want for free.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 667 ✭✭✭S.R.

Do parents and kids get assigned together seats automatically by Ryanair and other airlines?

Most airlines don't make you pay for seats, but no, of course they don't. If want to sit with someone then you buy your seats together. However, if you see from threads about Ryanair, you can get seats together if you check-in early before all the rows are filled. Once that happens, they start filling in the seat gaps. I've also heard that staff would ask around on the flight if someone wouldn't mind moving to let parents sit with their kids.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 667 ✭✭✭S.R.

Gatica, thank you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭anne burnell

checked in on 2 days before flight to london last week and got seated together.....on out bound and return journey...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭househero

If he wants to, let him pay the extra. People forking out for extras is what keeps the base fares low. I got the exit row for free last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭lismore7

I've just booked 5 seats each way and paid €100 for my family of 5 to sit together, on Ryanair to Canaries this weekend for a week.

Then having just booked them, discovered about allocated seating and we would probably have been seated together as a family anyway!!!
    Oh how pissed off am I !!
    I've read through this thread and it seems to me I might as well have torn up €100
    Am I an idiot or have I done right??
    If I'm an idiot, can I cancel my seats and get my money back? :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

Has anyone had their family split up on the free allocated Ryanair seating system?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,969 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

I have always got the same row for 4 either A, B, C, D or C, D, E, F although I have always checked in about 5-6 days before (about 6 flights now). You were checking in for the weekend for 5 so there is a higher chance you would have been split up.

I think the price was €10 for a premium and €5 for a regular so you must have chosen premium seats and you would have been unlikely to get them for free for a party of 5

I have always got the same row for 4 either A, B, C, D or C, D, E, F although I have always checked in about 5-6 days before (about 6 flights now). You were checking in for the weekend for 5 so there is a higher chance you would have been split up.

I think the price was €10 for a premium and €5 for a regular so you must have chosen premium seats and you would have been unlikely to get them for free for a party of 5

Premium seats were €15 and rest €10.
    My first time using this new seat system from Ryanair, so suppose it was my fault not checking in earlier this week. 3/4 of the plane was already full by today when i checked in, so i booked our seats, only to realise the folly of my actions afterwards...
    Feel a tad aggrieved !! but alas seems to be my fault

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Murray007

My recent experience on a trip to budapest. The three of us had two bookings as one was not returning.

Going out we checked in 24hrs before, one a double checkin and the other a single but done straight after each other. We got 15 C D E. Two aisles and a middle beside each other.

Ten days later the two returned and got 2A and B, window and middle but also had priority boarding.

All random, non paid for.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

Murray007 wrote: »
    My recent experience on a trip to budapest. The three of us had two bookings as one was not returning.

Going out we checked in 24hrs before, one a double checkin and the other a single but done straight after each other. We got 15 C D E. Two aisles and a middle beside each other.

Ten days later the two returned and got 2A and B, window and middle but also had priority boarding.

All random, non paid for.

I think the first 2 or 3 rows get priority boarding by default. Probably to get them boarded quickly so that the whole queue doesn't get halted right inside the door as the people in those put their bags up?

My friend and I checked in quite late once and got 1C and 2B iirc. Free priority queue for both of us but the person in 1C gets repeated elbowed in the head as everyone else boards...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭xalot

Quick question, I will be checking in four people on two different bookings, (3 on one booking, solo traveller on the second).

I dont want to have to pay for seats for four people over two flights so was thinking of using the automatic free selection for the first booking and then paying to book a seat for the second booking once I know where the first three people have been placed.

The flight looks to be very quiet, does anybody know whether you can select to pay for a seat if you dont like the one you've been randomly allocated?

as far as I know you're not given your seat number until you check-in if you're doing auto-allocation. Once you check-in you cannot change your seat...
    You basically elect to do one or the other and cannot change after.

Note with the single booking it'll take even longer to get the right seat, as they'll allocate double and triple seats to sit them together so there will be lots of single spaces to fill in if your 3 seats are further along the booking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

My boyfriend and I are flying together in a few weeks on a Ryanair flight. I was just wondering if someone could advise on how likely it is that our seats will be together if we don’t pay to choose our seats? We are travelling on the same booking, but it says that they ‘can’t guarantee’ we’ll sit together if we go for the randomly allocated seats – I don’t know if this means that it’s likely we’ll be together unless the plane is very full, or if it means we definitely won’t be put together and should pay.

I fly quite often but I’m usually by myself so I haven’t encountered this before! Obviously I know it depends on how busy the flight is, but I thought that other people who frequently travel with others might have a better idea than I would. Thanks in advance for any advice!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

If you don't purchase seats then you can check-in between 7 days and up to 2 hours before their scheduled flight departure time.

I'd advise checking in online moments after each other. If that doesn't allocate your seats together then you can ask them either online or at check-in desk at airport if there is any chance you can have seats together.

I've seen ^^^ at the airport before where the check-in clerk moved other people around to allow people sit together who ask to be.

Hope that helps,
    kerry4sam

• Registered Users Posts: 28,391 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

If you check in on time, and do both together then you'll have no hassle getting a seat togeher

Done it loads of times and never had an issue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Leitrim96

Hi, I'm checking in for my flights in January however I'm stuck on the page about seat allocation. It seems to be prompting me to pay for my seats i.e. 5Euro for standard seats and 15Euro for business class. My question is how do I just ask for a random seat that will be free of cost as I can't seem to find the option. Thank you all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Bolloxology

Leitrim96 wrote: »
    Hi, I'm checking in for my flights in January however I'm stuck on the page about seat allocation. It seems to be prompting me to pay for my seats i.e. 5Euro for standard seats and 15Euro for business class. My question is how do I just ask for a random seat that will be free of cost as I can't seem to find the option. Thank you all.

You don't.
    Check in closer to time and you'll be allocated one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭fineso.mom

I think you have to wait til closer to the date of travel. I booked in online in October the day before my flight and didn't have to pay for the seat. I'd tried a few days earlier and couldn't do it without paying.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭edeldonlon

It will be free of charge 7 days before the flight

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Sundew

We will be flying with our little one in a few months time for the first time and am not entirely sure about seating options for her. She will be just 2.5.

I have been reading about the cares harness, but conflicting information is saying that she will be too old for it.
    Will she be ok with the standard Ryanair seatbelt or do we need another secure option? She is on the tall side .

Anybody flown with a 2.5 year old?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

She is fine with the ryanair seatbelt.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Eponymous

You'll have to pay for a seat for her, however when you're boarding you can decide if the belt on her seat is too loose and ask the cabin crew for a baby restraint and have your daughter sit on your lap for take off and landing.

We did this just after our first child turned two, but she was just so happy to have her own seat for the first time (on our lap every other time prior to this).

If I recall correctly the seatbelt on the seat wasn't all that loose on her, she just looked tiny in the seat!

Thank you both! We already had booked her a separate seat for our flight to Mallorca. If the adult seat belt will do then I will just ask for the child one for take off. I had been considering hiring the cares harness at the airport instead of buying it, but if it's not required then I will leave it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭xalot

We flew Ryanair with our two year old in September and he was fine in the seat by himself, no need for the harness.

Would recommend bringing something for her to chew when taking off. Our little fella went bananas on take off and a very nice lady on the opposite seat give me one a lolly for him which went down a treat.

Normally I'm terrified of them choking on lollies at that age but I kept a close eye on him and it seemed to calm him big time.

• Advertisement

xalot wrote: »
    We flew Ryanair with our two year old in September and he was fine in the seat by himself, no need for the harness.

Would recommend bringing something for her to chew when taking off. Our little fella went bananas on take off and a very nice lady on the opposite seat give me one a lolly for him which went down a treat.

Normally I'm terrified of them choking on lollies at that age but I kept a close eye on him and it seemed to calm him big time.

Thanks Xalot...that's confirmed it for me so. First time flying with little one so obviously we are trying to do our homework early.
    We are concerned about the ears as when she screams....can be heard in Space so will pack plenty of " sucky sweets" :-)

Advertisement