Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Jumpers

• 19-11-2015 1:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭

Looking for any links to good Christmas jumpers, DIY ideas, shop bought, you wearing yours...anything at all. Having a Christmas jumper night and any ive seen are a tad on the boring side. Id love to buy/make something funny.

Any ideas/suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

Noooooo not pinterest just dont get it at all....

I was looking around at the jumpers in the shops and cant say I have seen any wow ones.. The Dunnes ones are'nt great. Pennys do have some nice ones but the colours are all wrong..

There are so many things you could do really you need like a starter point or colour or something first then build on it

• Registered Users Posts: 11,193 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

I'm currently looking at those 'carry me' costumes.

If you haven't seen them, it's basically giving the illusion that you're on the shoulders of an elf, reindeer or snowman. They look gas but I can't find any that are less than €70 which I think is a bit steep for wearing it just the one night.

A thought though !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭mel123

hogey143 wrote: »
    I'm currently looking at those 'carry me' costumes.

If you haven't seen them, it's basically giving the illusion that you're on the shoulders of an elf, reindeer or snowman. They look gas but I can't find any that are less than €70 which I think is a bit steep for wearing it just the one night.

A thought though !

can you post a link, ive never heard of them?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭mel123

scrap that sorry I see you said 'carry me' so I googled it, they are gas, id love something like that, going to see if I can get it cheaper somewhere

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

Tesco have a great selection of both adults and kids ones this year :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭zoobizoo

They are so passe

What you want to do is dress up as characters from the Nativity...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,193 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

mel123 wrote: »
    scrap that sorry I see you said 'carry me' so I googled it, they are gas, id love something like that, going to see if I can get it cheaper somewhere

I've tried online but nowhere seems to be cheaper unfortunately. Even places abroad will end up costing more with delivery fees etc. Could be worth a punt though!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

This is my favourite DIY one. It looks good when you're just wearing it and then you put your arms up and wow everyone! Pinterest is definitely the way to go for DIY ideas.

48a5eb0c033f5141bdb8828909c97e65.jpg

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

• Advertisement

We recently relocated into a new building and are in with our parent company, just found out they are having a christmas jumper day!! Can't wait!!

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭privateBeavis

these might be worth a look on Monday for 12.99!
    http://www.lidl.ie/en/Offers.htm?id=646

• Registered Users Posts: 4,712 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

I bought the grey jumper with snowman on it from Lidl today!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

I'm making my son a jumper and he requested it to have Batman, Robin and Batgirl on it as he is getting those figures from Santa. It's going to start out as an ordinary superhero jumper but the night before we go see Santa our Christmas gnome is going to make it Christmassy.

• Company Representative Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭TheCostumeShop.ie: Ronan

There's a cool app called Digital Dudz, its a free app but goes with one of the new Christmas jumper designs were getting in. If you were knitting your own jumper you can all use the app to have a real fireplace in your jumper. Basically you have a video of a fire playing on your phone which sits into the jumper. In terms of new designs I think this is as good as it gets for Christmas jumpers. Its hard to explain in text so here's how it works in an image:

crackling-fireplace-ugly-christmas-sweater-digital-dudz-1.gif

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Great app/jumper idea, so much potential to expand on it and have different designs, you could have a santa and his sleigh flying, snow falling, and even one for the 12 pubs which count down the number of pubs from 12-1.

• Company Representative Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭TheCostumeShop.ie: Ronan

Nice idea on the 12 pubs, although i'd imagine that the door men might wise up to that quickly. We use the same tech for beating hearts or maggots in zombie costumes etc.

I'm always trying to find the next fun thing or idea.

Just ordered a nice cardi from this place http://jumpergrotto.co.uk/epages/950002787.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/950002787/Categories

did think they were irish but nope

• Registered Users Posts: 11 stripedpjs

Going to make my own Christmas jumper, any ideas where I could get some Santa patches or motifs ? Thanks

Got my Cardi from the Jumper Grotto and they are loverly cant wait to wear it..Mrs Browns boys they were featured in..

Take your in Dublin are you Stri? Most sowing shops would have something

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 11,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Milly33 wrote: »
    Got my Cardi from the Jumper Grotto and they are loverly cant wait to wear it..Mrs Browns boys they were featured in..

Take your in Dublin are you Stri? Most sowing shops would have something
    They are really cool! I'm very tempted to get one of the cardigans :D

miamee wrote: »
    They are really cool! I'm very tempted to get one of the cardigans :D

Me too! How long did delivery take Milly?

Not long at all I must say about a week..I ordered the 25th and it arrived me thinks Thurs or Fri last week... To note the sizes are true sizes I would think.. I like my cozy cardi and ordered the large and it is that just small bit too big so if you wanted a snug one go for medium or small

Ordered one myself! :D

That'll do nicely for the 12 pubs.

Whooop its begining to feel a lot like Christmas...

Christmas jumper day in work today, great seeing everyone going around in their jumpers.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

kitten_k wrote: »
    Christmas jumper day in work today, great seeing everyone going around in their jumpers.

Love it. More places should do that!

My Late Late Toy Show Christmas jumper is taking its first trip into the outside world today. The excitement. :D

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Finished my son's jumper with minutes to spare before our Santa visit. It's more Christmassy than it looks because a Batcave with Batma, Robin and Batgirl is what he has asked for from Santa.

33m7szq.png

wow that is amazing.. would love to be able to knit like that.. Fab he will love it

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

That is fantastic, iguana- wow!!

Has anybody seen any Christmas dresses about this year? I'm in Dublin city. Do Penneys or Dunnes have any- I might go for something different than the usual Christmas jumper, but don't have time to be trawling the shops!! :o

Advertisement