Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hans Zimmer Tour

• 07-12-2015 9:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭

It may suit the Gigs & Events sub forum better but anyway, Hans Zimmer is doing a European Tour and stops off in the 3 Arena on May 26th.

Tickets are on sale in a few minutes.

I'm tempted enough to go to this as I think it would be oretty interesting to hear with an orchestra and choir and the man himself.

Mods, feel free to move if necesary. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,309 ✭✭✭Tefral

GavRedKing wrote: »
    It may suit the Gigs & Events sub forum better but anyway, Hans Zimmer is doing a European Tour and stops off in the 3 Arena on May 26th.

Tickets are on sale in a few minutes.

I'm tempted enough to go to this as I think it would be oretty interesting to hear with an orchestra and choir and the man himself.

Mods, feel free to move if necesary. :)

I went to the Revealed in Hammersmith. Its an unbelievable night. Well worth going if you like his music. Hair was standing off the back of my neck when he performed "Time."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

cronin_j wrote: »
    I went to the Revealed in Hammersmith. Its an unbelievable night. Well worth going if you like his music. Hair was standing off the back of my neck when he performed "Time."

Precisely why I bought two tickets last week. I have always wanted to see him live, but any time I looked for tickets he seemed to only tour in Germany/Austria or the U.S. Delighted he is coming to Ireland and I hope it sells out to encourage other composers to visit Ireland as well.

I am hoping to hear 'Journey to the line', 'A Way of Life', 'Time', 'No Time for Caution' and a few of his classics from Pirates, The Rock and Gladiator! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Tickets are very pricey. 65 brick for cheapest ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,309 ✭✭✭Tefral

Falthyron wrote: »
    Precisely why I bought two tickets last week. I have always wanted to see him live, but any time I looked for tickets he seemed to only tour in Germany/Austria or the U.S. Delighted he is coming to Ireland and I hope it sells out to encourage other composers to visit Ireland as well.

I am hoping to hear 'Journey to the line', 'A Way of Life', 'Time', 'No Time for Caution' and a few of his classics from Pirates, The Rock and Gladiator! :D

Its unbelievable. I would be shocked if he doesnt do it the same way as the one in the Apollo last year. There's a documentary on it here: https://youtu.be/jEu-ESPmqs8

The ones he did before were:

1. Driving Miss Daisy, Sherlock and Madagascar
    2. Crimson Tide
    3. Angles and Demons
    4. Gladiator
    5. The Da Vinci Code
    6. The Lion King
    7 Pirates of the Carribean
    Intermisson
    8. True Romance
    9. Rain man and Green Card
    10. Man of Steel
    11. Thin Red Line
    12. Spiderman (Will Pharrell came along for this)
    13. Dark Knight
    14. Inception.

He did it as movies, he hit all the greats (like chevalier sangreal etc) and finished the whole thing with Time. You could have heard a pin drop when he played it. To actually see Satnam Ramgotra playing Mombasa is a sight to behold. Hes like an octopus playing the drums!
    Keyzer wrote: »
    Tickets are very pricey. 65 brick for cheapest ticket.

Worth every cent to be honest. Expect Johnny Marr to be there also!

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Floor tickets are very expensive at over €100 but I'm currently trying to convince someone to come along to no avail. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

I bought two tickets for the floor this morning, ridiculously expensive, but I know it will be an unbelievable experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

I'm sure it will be great but won't sell out at those prices, way too much.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Got mine in the pre-sale on Friday, expensive as **** but I don't care. I never thought he would come here and was expecting to have to travel to the UK to see him. Delighted! I can't fecking wait. I'm sure he will play all of the usual favourites but im hoping some of the Last Samurai comes up. It's my favorite of his scores

• Site Banned Posts: 66 ✭✭bloominballix

Silly money, no way will it sell out. You'd be better off picking one up off a tout outside the venue for half the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭mikekerry

I paid 226 for 2 tickets in the presale!
    a xmas present, an expensive xmas present!

• Advertisement

He'll be accompanied by his band, an orchestra and a choir, who will play a selection from the 120+ films that he has scored over the course of his long and successful career. The show is promised to be a 'visual spectacle', too - with lighting by the renowned lighting designer Marc Brickman.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Hopefully he plays a lot of the Interstellar soundtrack. Im def interested

Shane St. wrote: »
    Hopefully he plays a lot of the Interstellar soundtrack. Im def interested

I think he'll play a medley of the soundtrack. It will be amazing in real life.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭jones

Got 4 tickets with three pre-sale really looking forward to it!! Zimmer is up there with John Williams composerwise for me

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,052 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'd love to go, but i ****ing hate that i can't pick specific seats on the ticketmaster website. Best seats available puts me in the A area, which probably can't even see the bloody stage. Surely they have the ability to allow us to pick specific seats?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Kiith wrote: »
    I'd love to go, but i ****ing hate that i can't pick specific seats on the ticketmaster website. Best seats available puts me in the A area, which probably can't even see the bloody stage. Surely they have the ability to allow us to pick specific seats?

Yeah bit of a disaster there really. If we can pick specific seats in lansdowne, why can't we for this place? Saying that, I got unreal seats in the pre-sale :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

You can pick what block you want to sit in on Ticketmaster.

I kept picking Best Available, and it was putting me in Block A way off to the side. I selected Block D, and it found me 3 tickets. Right in the middle.

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭geecee

I kept picking Best Available, and it was putting me in Block A way off to the side. I selected Block D, and it found me 3 tickets. Right in the middle.

How exactly can you choose the block?
    It keeps trying to stick me in the G or A blocks... right at the edge!

Use the mobile website on your phone. For some reason, it doesn't look like you can choose the block on the full website, but you can on mobile under "Select Location".

dbZjQ7Ul.pngoc4QHg9l.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭Macker1

How can you get to choose a specific Block? I keep getting directed to Block G off at the side.

Maybe Tickets are selling out ?????????? Would love to get two good seats as a 40th Birthday present for Brother but will have to wait till payday next week. :(

• Advertisement

Macker1 wrote: »
    How can you get to choose a specific Block? I keep getting directed to Block G off at the side.

Maybe Tickets are selling out ?????????? Would love to get two good seats as a 40th Birthday present for Brother but will have to wait till payday next week. :(

See my post just above yours. Those screenshots are from 5 minutes ago. Doesn't necessarily mean seats are available in all those blocks, but Best Available usually resorts to the most expensive tickets - and for some reason, Blocks A and G are more expensive than those like Block D.

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭geecee

Use the mobile website on your phone. For some reason, it doesn't look like you can choose the block on the full website, but you can on mobile under "Select Location".
    [/IMG]

Thanks! Will check it out!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,052 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Christ, they really make it difficult to buy the seats you want. Get them fine on the mobile site, followed by an error over and over again when I try to order them. Then I can't do it on the full site, as you can't pick specific seats. **** sake :mad:

Got some tickets there, Block D. Way more effort then i'd planned on spending, and bloody expensive, but glad I got them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭3rdDegree

cronin_j wrote: »

The ones he did before were:

1. Driving Miss Daisy, Sherlock and Madagascar
    2. Crimson Tide
    3. Angles and Demons
    4. Gladiator
    5. The Da Vinci Code
    6. The Lion King
    7 Pirates of the Carribean
    Intermisson
    8. True Romance
    9. Rain man and Green Card
    10. Man of Steel
    11. Thin Red Line
    12. Spiderman (Will Pharrell came along for this)
    13. Dark Knight
    14. Inception.

I was really considering going to this (at those prices, I presume there are still tickets left), but seeing this list, I'm not sure I'd get value for money. I really only know (and love) less than half of those pieces! Thought I was a fan, but I think I'm just a blow-in!

Quick update on this from the Hans Zimmer website:
    It has now been announced that on selected dates the legendary guitarist Johnny Marr will be joining Zimmer’s studio band, orchestra and choir bringing the total number of musicians on stage to over 70.

Appearing on the whole tour, as featured performers will be Lebo M, the world famous voice from the score of The Lion King, and guitarist Mike Einziger from the band Incubus.

Marr has collaborated with Zimmer on the soundtracks for Inception, The Amazing Spiderman 2 and most recently the score for Freeheld. Johnny will be appearing at the following Hans Zimmer Live On Tour 2016 shows :

6th/7th April - London, The SSE Arena, Wembley
    20th April - Berlin, Mercedes Benz Arena
    26th May - Manchester, Manchester Arena
    29th May - Dublin, 3 Arena
    5th June - Orange, Theatre Antique d’Orange

Lucky us! :D

EDIT: The quote is taken from Hans Zimmer's website. It would seem they mixed up the dates for Dublin and Manchester.

Looks like we are getting tracks from Interstellar! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,324 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

That's my birthday present for myself sorted, nice one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭jones

Love zimmer's scores so really looking forward to this. Inception Dark knight and interstellar being highlights for me

• Registered Users Posts: 12,955 ✭✭✭✭bnt

I'm tempted too, it looks like a solid band he's got there. I know Guthrie Govan (the guy with the ginger hair) from his work with Steven Wilson and his own band The Aristocrats (who have been in Dublin a couple of times): possibly the greatest all-round guitarist working today. He says that Hans contacted him on Facebook and he thought he was being spoofed ...

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Advertisement

bnt wrote: »
    I'm tempted too, it looks like a solid band he's got there. I know Guthrie Govan (the guy with the ginger hair) from his work with Steven Wilson and his own band The Aristocrats (who have been in Dublin a couple of times): possibly the greatest all-round guitarist working today. He says that Hans contacted him on Facebook and he thought he was being spoofed ...

I see Mike Einziger in there too. He plays lead guitar, piano, sings backing vocals and writes songs for Incubus. Hans obviously isn't fúcking around when it comes to putting a band together. As a musician, I imagine this is a dream job to land no matter what your regular gig is.

I'm really looking forward to this.

Advertisement