Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Christmas hampers

• 04-12-2015 11:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭

Hey everyone

I'm looking to buy 2 Christmas hampers. It's for a good mates of mine family. They treat me like their own and have always looked after me.

Basically I'm looking for 1 hamper full of drink, spirits,whiskey and beer for the adults. And one full of chocolate and sweets for their kids.

I can only find sweets ones online but can't find any mix of the alcohol one. My budget is 200 for both. So 50 for kids and 150 for adults seen as drink is more expensive. Can anyone help ? Also is this a good gift? Or to over the top?

Thanks guys.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

You're actually better off, buying empty hamper baskets, hitting Tesco and fill them up yourself. It'll be much cheaper than any of the hampers you could buy online.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Any decent off licence would do up a hamper for you if you ask them. But putting one together yourself is a great idea too. Plenty of value to be had in the supermarkets.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭screamer

Try supervalue they'll make up hampers for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Bananaleaf

Loughc wrote: »
    You're actually better off, buying empty hamper baskets, hitting Tesco and fill them up yourself. It'll be much cheaper than any of the hampers you could buy online.

This is what I would do.

You can get the baskets in any of the euro shops for €5 for medium sized and I think €8 for a larger one. Come with a nice bit of straw, plastic to wrap round it and a bow to tie at top too.

Fraction of the price but also lovely as it's personal

• Registered Users Posts: 12,072 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

I'm gonna second the Supervalu suggestion. If you have a branch near you, drop in and they will sort you out for sure.

• Advertisement
Advertisement