Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Where To Get Quick And Cheap Phone Unlocking?

Options
  • 02-12-2015 6:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭

Hi, I am looking to get an unlock code for my Sony Xperia Z3. It is locked to Vodafone. I want to try and get the code pretty quick(same day) so I can use my phone and also at around €20. Does anyone know where I can get a code. Thanks for any replies.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭MuddyDog

Don't think it's that easy. With iPhones for example you'd have to jailbreak it and then you might be able to unlock it depending on the exact phone type and software currently running on the phone. The type of phone you have may be different but I don't think it's as easy as many people believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Sony offer their own bootloader unlock service, have a Google for it and see if your phones compatible. Its free, takes about half an hour

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭SW98

Sony offer their own bootloader unlock service, have a Google for it and see if your phones compatible. Its free, takes about half an hour

How does this work exactly though. Will this cause the device to not function correctly and is it permanent?

MuddyDog wrote: »
    Don't think it's that easy. With iPhones for example you'd have to jailbreak it and then you might be able to unlock it depending on the exact phone type and software currently running on the phone. The type of phone you have may be different but I don't think it's as easy as many people believe.

Well maybe this is what you mean but I would be looking to buy one and unlock it from a code rather than doing it by a jailbreak/root.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

SW98 wrote: »
    How does this work exactly though. Will this cause the device to not function correctly and is it permanent?

If you screw it up then yes, but its fairly foolproof.

Its not permanent, but the phone is worth more unlocked anyways, if you're worried about resale value

• Advertisement

If you screw it up then yes, but its fairly foolproof.

Its not permanent, but the phone is worth more unlocked anyways, if you're worried about resale value

I would probable prefer to unlock it properly because it's for my use rather than resale. Do you know anywhere fast and cheap that sells unlock codes? Thanks.

sugarman wrote: »
    Find a good seller on eBay.

Any phone ive needed unlocked has been done within a few hours of being emailed the code

I have looked on ebay. The cheapest one is around €20 and they say it takes an average of 2 business days.

Advertisement