Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Beer glasses in Dublin

• 01-12-2015 8:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭

Hi all.

Can anybody recommend a good place in Dublin you can get nice beer glasses (snifter/trappist etc) for gifts? I can see plenty online (with fairly eye-watering postage costs) but it would be nice to have a bricks and mortar place to look at some.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Hi all.

Can anybody recommend a good place in Dublin you can get nice beer glasses (snifter/trappist etc) for gifts? I can see plenty online (with fairly eye-watering postage costs) but it would be nice to have a bricks and mortar place to look at some.

Not in the city but Blackrock Cellar have a good range, a few new Belgian ones in the last week too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

Drinkstore have one or two.

They have the Chimay chalice which is a nice glass due to its wide open top. The Spiegelau IPA Glass is also excellent.

Drinkstore (and other good offies) usually have some gift sets also which usually come with a glass and delicious beer to test drive the glass with :).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

Hi all.

The ad on my screen under your post is for Molloys liquor stores ....

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,776 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

+1 on DrinkStore. Deveney's in Dundrum is usually good for them too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,820 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

should you know anyone going to Brussels (which many do for christmas markets, although maybe less this year!), theres a heap of gift sets at the airport when you're coming back.
    Most for about €20 including 4bottles and sometimes 2 glasses so not really the worst of value.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭GristlyEnd

Saveur Biere has a great selection. Shipping is usually €12-€15 for a large box and takes approx 4 days to arrive. I've used them before and only ever had 1 broken glass which was refunded very quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

Thanks all.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭matrim

If you go to Baggot street wines and spend over €20 (I think) they give you a free glass. The choice depends on what they have and can sometimes be limited but I've picked up some nice glasses in there before.

I also noticed that supervalu recently had some nice glasses on sale. Probably only for the run up to Christmas but it might be worth a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭willowthewisp

Hi, does anyone know anywhere in Dublin that you can physically go into and buy single branded beer glasses, like Heineken, Coors, Peroni. Pint glasses , 330ml glasses etc.

I know you can buy online but that was already a smashing experience.

Thank you

#beerforlife

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Charity shops are always a good bet. There's a whole handful on Capel Street that had plenty of beer glasses in them when I had a look a few months ago.

Your local bartender will also nearly always turn a blind eye in exchange for a pint...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭sceach16

Capel Street. Close to it's junction with the Quays. Dublin vintage shop (4 Capel St, North City, Dublin 1, D01 CX68) has loads of different ones 3 euro each/2 for 5/ possibly cheaper if you buy more.

Advertisement