Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Wrapping Paper

• 26-11-2015 9:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭

Live in Limerick and wrapping paper only comes in the very cheep variety here. Anyone know where I can get some good wrapping paper for wrapping children' gifts?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,644 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Marks and spencers
    Debenhams
    Boots
    Penneys
    Dunnes

Where have you looked already?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭donutheadhomer

amdublin wrote: »
    Marks and spencer - none in Limerick
    Debenhams - poor quality
    Boots - poor quality and not for kids
    Pennies - quality
    Dunnes- quality

Where have you looked already?

poor quality in all those and nothing child specific

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,644 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Sorry they are pretty much all the places I get them in Dublin. I think the quality in them all is fine, not sure what your standards/quality you are looking for.

Maybe try online or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭Fluffy Cat 88

The wrapping paper will be ripped off and instantly binned without any fanfare. Why worry about the quality or style of it?

Aldi and Lidl have children's wrapping paper every year and it does the job.

Tesco or Supervalu might be worth checking out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

I just used the lidl wrapping paper on santa gifts, worked very well

I also used some next wrapping paper from last year and it's that shiny stuff that doesn't tear

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I'm not sure what child specific means- is paper with holly or reindeer not suitable for adults and children?

Easons and Hallmark are where I get my wrapping paper every year. It's very good quality and there's generally a good selection.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,149 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I just used the lidl wrapping paper on santa gifts, worked very well

I also used some next wrapping paper from last year and it's that shiny stuff that doesn't tear

Are you an elf?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

How is the Mickey Mouse, Pixar Cars and Avengers wrapping paper they have in Penneys not child specific?:confused: Well I guess technically most Marvel content is aimed at teens-adults but I'd lay bets that most of the wrapping paper will be wrapping children's gifts.

Advertisement