Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Man In The High Castle [Amazon] [**SPOILERS**]

Options
  • 21-02-2015 11:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭

Watched the pilot for this when I saw it was picked up. Whats the general time frame for more episodes now? Not a year like Bosch I hope?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,203 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

I don't know. Worth keeping an eye on Frank Spotnitz's posts.

https://twitter.com/frankspotnitz

• Registered Users Posts: 60,280 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

It will be late this year early next would be a good guess for it to come to series.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,203 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Amazon's The Man in the High Castle special Comic-Con screening will stream on EW
    At this year’s Comic-Con in San Diego, Amazon will host a special screening of the first two episodes of The Man in the High Castle. Here’s the good news for those who can’t attend: The entire event will be live-streamed right here on EW.com.

The special event takes place on Friday, July 10 at the San Diego Civic Theater. In addition to the first two episodes – the second of which has never been seen before – there will also be a Q&A with the cast at the venue.

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/06/25/man-in-the-high-castle-comic-con-screening

• Advertisement

What platform is this being released on?

What platform is this being released on?

Amazon Prime.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭Tristram

The pilot was underwhelming to say the least. Not holding out much hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭DermoMIO

2nd episode is out there in the usual places

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

DermoMIO wrote: »
    2nd episode is out there in the usual places

I saw that this morning, whats the story with the release of the rest of it? Is it going to be a weekly thing? I was under the impression that all the episodes would be later in the year/early next year?

I saw that this morning, whats the story with the release of the rest of it? Is it going to be a weekly thing? I was under the impression that all the episodes would be later in the year/early next year?

The first two episodes were streamed on EW.com as an exclusive preview for Comic Con.

It will be released fully at the end of the year/early next year.

Rumours suggesting it's already been renewed for season 2. Nothing official yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Paddy Samurai

Another Tv series that I am looking forward too.There seems to be a ton of great new Tv Shows coming out ,which means that it will be harder to see and follow everything.So hard choices will have to be made on what to give up. I hav'nt read the book for this one but the story intrigues me enough that I probably will before watching the show.

The Man in the High Castle is an American alternate historytelevision series produced by ]Amazon Studios The series is based on ]the 1962 novel of the same name by American science fiction author Philip K. Dick. The story is an of the world in which the Axis powers won World War II. The United States has been divided into three parts: The Japanese puppet state of the Pacific States of America, which comprises the former United States west of the Rocky Mountains; a German puppet state that comprises the eastern half of the former United States; and a neutral zone that acts as a buffer between the two areas, called the Rocky Mountain States

• Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

Thread already over here in Online TV sub-forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Paddy Samurai

MayoForSam wrote: »
    Thread already over here in Online TV sub-forum.

I did search forum before posting,but nothing showed up?.

MODS:PLEASE MOVE.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Are they trying to go head to head with Netflix/Marvel with that release date? I'm interested in watching this but with a choice of watching this or Jessica Jones on the 20th, I'll be making mine Marvel.

No idea. Who announced their air date first? Marvel might have the advantage with their brand awareness from Daredevil, etc.

Are you subscribed to both Netflix and Amazon?

• Advertisement

Drops tomorrow but will probably get lost in the Jessica Jones hype as it drops tomorrow as well.

I know I'll be watching Jessica Jones first.

Bad timing by Amazon I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 drtonic49

Can you watch this from Ireland if you have an amazon prime subscription..? I tried to watch the free first episode and it told me it was region restricted...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Just finished watching the 10 episodes and I am undecided about it. Very slow moving but I love the alternative history vibe and over all I did enjoy the actors in it.

I'm fascinated to see what they make of Season 2.

Amazon had to pull a lot of it advertising from all over America. There was huge outrage and a backlash to the Swastika's and Rising Sun's blended into the US Flag ad campaign's

There also changed the seating on trains in New York.

https://twitter.com/byKatherineLam/status/668896882475814912?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

• Registered Users Posts: 40,126 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Has anybody else watched this amazon original series? It is based on a Philip K Dick book set in 1960's america after they lost WW2 to the germans and japanese. I'm currently up to episode 4 and it has been really interesting so far. Really good production values as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

It's being discussed here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057384991

I've finished it and yes overall I enjoyed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Dead forum which only serves to split conversations. Three threads posted to in last 4 days? Waste of time. Forum should be put out of its misery and keep all threads here.

I am 5 eps into this so far. Enjoying it. Slow going but interesting. Will definitely stick with it. Production is indeed excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,126 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

cheers. Didnt realise there was a dedicated online tv forum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

cheers. Didnt realise there was a dedicated online tv forum.

It is a completely artificial concept for a forum. The distinction between "online" tv and "broadcast" tv is a crazy one to base forums on. A tv show is a tv show no matter where it airs.

Advertisement