Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DIY Christmas Crackers

• 25-11-2015 6:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭

This year Im thinking of making my own christmas crackers. We have them every year(unless we forget to lay them) and unless you buy ridiculously expensive ones the gift inside tends to be fairly crap. Even the very cheap ones are quite expensive for what they are. My plan is to put a small useful gift in each one. It'll be all adults at the table this year so I was thinking miniature bottles of booze and small pieces of jewellery. Im pretty sure of the overall design of the cracker, but Im wondering if its possible to buy the cracker part on its own. You know the little piece of paper which causes the "crack".

Anyone have any insight?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

They have empty fill-it-yourself crackers in M&S but they're seven euro each. :/

If you want just the paper bit you could just buy some really cheap crackers for a couple of euro and cut them open to take them out!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭Speedsie
    ¡arriba, arriba! ¡andale, andale!

Have you tried any craft shops like inspiring designs?

You can get snaps on Amazon
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/20-CRACKER-SNAPS-CRACKERS-BIRTHDAYS-y/dp/B008OPO9EQ

Advertisement