Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Indivisible

• 10-10-2015 2:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭

Lab Zero (developers of Skullgirls) recently started the crowdfunding campaign for their second full title.

Here's the basic jist:

Action/exploration RPG heavily influenced by Metroid and Valkyrie Chronicles.
    Music by the composer of Secret of Mana.
    Strong East Asian setting. It has a pretty different flavor to most games out there.
    Stars a non-fanservicey and non-white female lead, so it’s refreshing there too.
    Fully functional, free to play prototype available. No donating is required to play it, and it’s already more polished than many finished projects I’ve seen out there.
    You can get the Windows prototype here: http://www.labzerogames.com/indivisible-prototype_win.zip

It's really refreshing how transparent they're being with where their budget is going to and coming from. They are getting partial funding from 505 games if the IGG meets its goal, but there's none of the shadiness that followed around campaigns like Red Ash or Shenmue. Give the Budgeting section a read on the campaign and see what you think.

So, long story short... anyone except me pledged on this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,694 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Gonna pledge after payday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Been eyeballing this myself, at first I didn't really care because it just looked like another platformer, but then I saw the combat, and now my interest is piqued.

Indivisble Prototype Demo now available on Steam, gonna have a go of this myself later.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

Links234 wrote: »
    Indivisble Prototype Demo now available on Steam, gonna have a go of this myself later.

I backed it after playing the prototype demo earlier today . It's gorgeously animated and fun and fluid to move around and fight battles. I really hope it makes it target.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

It made it's target!
    Still 70hrs left to contribute for those who want to fund it (small stretch goals of more music and animated opening, but no big deal for me if they aren't reached).

• Advertisement

I'm seriously glad to see it get funded.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

I was tempted to pledge 60 to get a physical copy of a Linux game :pac:

But there was some smoke about Lab Zero lately so I decided to wait it out. Now that it's getting funded I can actually wait for it to be out and get some feedback from players before buying it. Lucky me.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,080 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

The prototype is impressive enough, but I felt by the time the fourth character showed up it risked being a bit of an info and reaction time overload. Maybe one would happily adjust with time, but felt like one cog too many to balance at the same time. Perhaps just one of the unavoidable consequences of fitting so much into such a short space of playing time. It's a neat battle system idea generally though.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,694 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Release date is 8th October!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Looks great. Had this on my wishlist when it was first announced. The art style is so vibrant and im loving the Hindu and South East Asian theme's it has going on!

• Advertisement
Advertisement