Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fake tree recommendations please!

• 06-11-2015 11:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭ Clark Tall Fishnet

All of our decorations got lost or accidentally dumped when we moved house during the year so we are starting from scratch again. Can anyone recommend a decent fake tree? Looking for something at least 7 ft with nice full branches. Also, what sites are best to buy decorations? I'm not great at getting to shops so would prefer to get as much online as possible.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,651 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Check out the Homestore and More site, they deliver. I got a 7ft one from them on Monday, very thick and full looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

Loughc wrote: »
    Check out the Homestore and More site, they deliver. I got a 7ft one from them on Monday, very thick and full looking.

Don't want to hijack this thread but I was going to give the same advice homestore and more offer free delivery normally in December and their decorations are normally half price in December !

Loughc did you open the tree yet? I was looking at them online last night they look gloriously thick and full ! :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,651 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Glitzgirl wrote: »
    Don't want to hijack this thread but I was going to give the same advice homestore and more offer free delivery normally in December and their decorations are normally half price in December !

Loughc did you open the tree yet? I was looking at them online last night they look gloriously thick and full ! :)

I haven't opened it, but I bought it in store and the display one was very thick and full looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Call me Al

There are some gorgeous trees on the Orchard's website. The shop us just outside Celbridge. Some are expensive but others not so much, and they are absolutely gorgeous trees.
    I got one two years ago and I see it reduced down to €150 I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 fccallan

The decorations in homestore do not go half price in December. This last two years it has been the christmas tree lights, christmas tablecloths and christmas candles

• Advertisement

fccallan wrote: »
    The decorations in homestore do not go half price in December. This last two years it has been the christmas tree lights, christmas tablecloths and christmas candles

Maybe I should have been clearer when I say decorations I meant general house hold decorations. Plush decorations, tableware, garlands etc they always go on half price sale. The actual tree decorations normally reduce a week or two before Christmas

• Registered Users, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Got a very nice 7ft one in Woodies, fully decorated and with lights for 120e.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

In saw the ones in Homestore today and they are really great quality, definitely value for money

In saw the ones in Homestore today and they are really great quality, definitely value for money

I have my eye on the 7ft one ! May go scout it out this week !

I have my eye on the 7ft one ! May go scout it out this week !

Do! We can be tree buddies :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 Jbubs

Love homestore and more, especially at Christmas. Dunnes have fab Christmas stuff this year and they deliver now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭Jude13

Crate and barrel have the best fake ones I have ever seen, pretty sure you can order them online. I am picking up a 7ft one this week.

Do! We can be tree buddies :D

Woohoo ! We need to open a tin of sweets to celebrate too ... seems only right :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Rebshe88

We have the 6ft version of this tree. Got it last year its stunning up, very full. One of the best fakes I've seen

Rebshe88 wrote: »
    We have the 6ft version of this tree. Got it last year its stunning up, very full. One of the best fakes I've seen

I can't wait to put it up!!! Eeek!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭ Clark Tall Fishnet

The homestore one is definitely a frontrunner at the moment. Having said that, I have been lusting over a fab one in dunnes but it's €200 and my mam has me convinced that it'll get all scraggy once the branches have been folded in and put away.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

The homestore one is definitely a frontrunner at the moment. Having said that, I have been lusting over a fab one in dunnes but it's €200 and my mam has me convinced that it'll get all scraggy once the branches have been folded in and put away.

So now you have come in here hoping someone will contradict her! :-p

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Is it the one with the realistic tips?

It's the 7ft Montana pine one. Not sure about the realistic tips.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭blondie29

Would anyone recommend a website or a place to buy a nice "luxury" fake Christmas tree, I'm looking for a tall full one and all the better if the lights are on it already. I saw some in homebase etc but some are very thin & sparse looking.

I don't mind paying as it will last years, but obviously don't want to pay a fortune either! I am based in the North West so won't have access to really big stores.

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭spur

We bought ours in Roches Stores 11 years ago and it's still as good as ever. It's a 7ft tree and lovely and full. I know Roches don't exist anymore but I know an aunt bought one in Brown Thomas after Christmas that first year we had it! We paid close to €200 at the time but it's been so well worth it.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

blondie29 wrote: »
    Would anyone recommend a website or a place to buy a nice "luxury" fake Christmas tree, I'm looking for a tall full one and all the better if the lights are on it already. I saw some in homebase etc but some are very thin & sparse looking.

I don't mind paying as it will last years, but obviously don't want to pay a fortune either! I am based in the North West so won't have access to really big stores.

Thanks

You could try littlewoods online, they have reductions on some plus the trees have been reviewed too so it gives you an idea of how good they are

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Our nicest tree is from brown Thomas, it's really beautiful and has lasted well, cost €250

We also got one years ago in house of fraser and it hasn't lasted at all, I remember it cost a lot

I have never bought clothing from brown Thomas, it would not be in my price range but was pleasantly shocked at how reasonable their Christmas stuff is

Ours is a 7 ft, my brother in law bought the 8 ft slim version and it's lasted well too

Went to have a look at the nebraska 7ft in homestore today and seeing it in the flesh made my mind up, it's lovely! Off to order it online now :D

Can anyone tell me how many lights I'll need for it? Should i go for 480?

Can anyone tell me how many lights I'll need for it? Should i go for 480?

I ordered 480 for it. Putting it up on Friday so I'll know then if that's enough. I've 300 spare lights just incase the 480 aren't enough.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭The Sidewards Man

1,000 minimum, 480 will look very bare.

1,000 minimum, 480 will look very bare.

I doubt that. A good rule of thumb is 100 lights for every foot-and-a-half of Tree.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭The Sidewards Man

What is foot and a half in metric?

Advertisement