Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Halo 5 - Guardians

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,991 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

IvoryTower wrote: »
    Found it hard enough on slayer, i guess it will get easier when we get used to spawns etc.

A guy got the mantis in guillotine and nearly had it for the whole level, no one attempted to take it down, I'm not sure they even knew how! I kept getting killed when I tried to get rockets and couldn't find sticky grenades, it was a slaughtering id like to forget :)

I love strongholds on both btb and arena, definitely what i'm best at. didn't get 1 CTF in my ten games of btb!

I think I've yet to win a round of strongholds in arena or btb. :mad:

Think I'll have to create a custom game and go for a walk around guillotine to try and understand it,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

That's the map with the mantis yeah? It's a remake of a level in halo 2 or 3, could have been in both actually

Headlong!

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,131 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I've only played three of them yet after about 12 matches. Basin, Recurve and the city scape one. Think Basin is my favourite one so far.

my K/D's have ranged from 0.3 to over 4.0 :o

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I've only played three of them yet after about 12 matches. Basin, Recurve and the city scape one. Think Basin is my favourite one so far.

my K/D's have ranged from 0.3 to over 4.0 :o

Just played basin, a great map, battle rifles rule the open areas

• Advertisement

Was just thinking that, if you're out in open you're a deadman! Played some seriously frustrating games where either my team weren't playing the objective or else they were just pants. Need to move up a rank so I'm the noob!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

Played 3 BTB lastnight, exactly what I wanted

All 3 were on Basin though (which is a good map)... how many maps are there supposed to be?

basin(grass) which is a version of valhalla
    deadlock(satellites) which is based on standoff
    recurve(snow) which is based on longbow
    guilotine(has mantis) which is a remake of headlong

I love the ranking system, cod and battlefield proper sold out in that regards

and the fact that the maps are free to everyone, its so frustrating in battlefield when only half your mates have the new levels, we basically ended up playing the original maps 99% of the time as there's always someone who didn't have "premium"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Man. I'm loving big team battle ! Maps are actually pretty good for it too. Guillotine works so well with halo 5s mechanics.

• Advertisement

I wonder are they going to re-release these maps but not forged

4 of us playing together on Tues, we got whopped! The sooner all the better players get up to the higher levels the better! Id say we won 2 games out of 8.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,131 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

4 of us playing together on Tues, we got whopped! The sooner all the better players get up to the higher levels the better! Id say we won 2 games out of 8.

That in big team was it?

Team arena, by time I joined in they had already been whooped in btb for a few games and had moved on! I still have to get a good go of btb with a few players, hopefully this weekend. I'll send out invites to anyone online and yis can join in the slaughtering!

Team arena, by time I joined in they had already been whooped in btb for a few games and had moved on! I still have to get a good go of btb with a few players, hopefully this weekend. I'll send out invites to anyone online and yis can join in the slaughtering!

Yeah if you see me on Halo chuck me an invite. Been playing mainly big team since it came out and really enjoying it, can end up with a lot of numpties on your team though, people who won't play the adjective or push for the third stronghold when it would be an easy win if you just keep two. Also really bad for people quitting once it looks like you're losing at the moment too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

Yeah I'm really liking BTB, haven't had much time to play lately but Fallout isn't getting a look in now Big team is back :)

You're right about the dumbasses and quitters though

Add me lads: korvanica

If i'm not in a party already ill join any invites.

I'm not amazing, but I have my moments :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,127 ✭✭✭kjl

Yeah if you see me on Halo chuck me an invite. Been playing mainly big team since it came out and really enjoying it, can end up with a lot of numpties on your team though, people who won't play the adjective or push for the third stronghold when it would be an easy win if you just keep two. Also really bad for people quitting once it looks like you're losing at the moment too.

You're telling me, was playing big team slayer last night with a buddy, 6 people on my team left in the first 4 min leaving just me and my friend.

We didn't win but we held our ground. In the end it was 99-54 and we purposely didn't let them get the last kill :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

So I properly got stuck into Big Team with a friend and had a great time, defo going to be getting into this more.

I'm getting shredded out in the open but am still dangerous in close quarters.
    Had a great moment of dropping the flag carrier off to our base. Sniper rounds, rockets and grenades following the whole way.
    Made it back and won the game.

I still hope Infection gets added as a permanent playlist at some point but I'm very happy with Big Team.
    Looking forward to seeing some good Forge stuff when it goes live too.

December update, new arena map, warzone, i think maybe btb? also forge

• Advertisement

December update, new arena map, warzone, i think maybe btb? also forge

2 new btb I think, forge maps again.

ill take that, the arena map was badly needed, i only really play arena when im on my own

hopped on last night for a few quick games before bed, I don't recommend anyone to jump between this and BLOPS3, I got killed a fair few times due to simply stopping shooting before my opponent was fully dead.

I'm finding it pretty difficult overall but it does feel very rewarding when you have a good run with it.

Halo is one of the reasons I can't stomach CoD anymore, the twitchy quick kill times drive me up the wall after getting used to BR duels. Pretty different kinds of shooters in terms of the shills you need I think.

Halo is one of the reasons I can't stomach CoD anymore, the twitchy quick kill times drive me up the wall after getting used to BR duels. Pretty different kinds of shooters in terms of the shills you need I think.

Much prefer the skills required for Halo. You start getting shot first in COD and you're dead 99% of the time. At least in halo you have a fighting chance to turn it around and get that delicious reversal medal.

Korvanica wrote: »
    Much prefer the skills required for Halo. You start getting shot first in COD and you're dead 99% of the time. At least in halo you have a fighting chance to turn it around and get that delicious reversal medal.

or in my case, you also get the 'close call' one as well.

or 'distraction'

Distraction is probably my most gotten medal. Usually while im looking at the death screen.

killtrocity is my greatest life achievement to date, kill 6 peeps within 5 seconds of one another. I guess best chance of beating that is if I played warzone but cant be arsed! Running riot next, 15 streak. then immortal for surviving all rounds in a breakout game. I cant remember that im shocking at breakout! It's possible the other team had quit or summit

Played a few rounds of war zone assault last night, I think it's actually a better mode than standard war zone as everyone is working towards the same objective as opposed to rambling around doing their own thing.

• Advertisement

Big additions today, all ranks have been reset for the next season so get your 10 games done to get a special req pack. Also, New arena and warzone maps have been added and the biggest addition of all - forge has returned.

Have to say, I'm finding the daily win rewards an ideal incentive to dip in and out every day and pick up the few bonus reqs.

Advertisement