Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

January 2016 intake

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭hellomoto1234

I'm contemplating "borrowing" the one from my house for the time we would be in GV...doubt anyone will notice its gone though!

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Derob

Ironing who needs that surely the crinkled look is the way forward ;)

Exactly! Guess I'm going to have to get practicing though - not exactly a skill of mine!

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Potential Constable Dibble

My Mrs is down with the flu, she's issuing orders on how to use the washing machine from the sofa!! I'll be a pro by the time we start training!!

Just need to work on my ironing skills. Unless I find a good ironing buddy, swap for boot billing ;)

i'll take you up on that offer!!!!

• Advertisement

You may have a few offers Dibble but will depend on ironing amount compare to amount of shine on boots needed lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Midgetgem84

Beat me to it moto!!!! :-(

Beat me to it moto!!!! :-(

i'm flat out in work...can't you tell?! ;-)

Mental image of Dibble sitting in the corner into the early hours of the morning with a pile of boots to bull lol!

i'm flat out in work...can't you tell?! ;-)

Just be clear, I'm hopeless at ironing!! I'm hoping to off load it, not the boot polishing. I'll shine boots til the cows come home if I get a good shirt ironed!! :)

• Advertisement

Derob wrote: »
    Mental image of Dibble sitting in the corner into the early hours of the morning with a pile of boots to bull lol!

Should change me username to bootboy!

Should change me username to bootboy!

haha! I've heard from a few that even that can prove to be difficult to grasp initially!

haha! I've heard from a few that even that can prove to be difficult to grasp initially!

I'd say it would take a while to perfect it!!

I bet ill be the one who needs help bulling. Actually looking here at my work shoes n there boggin'!!

I bet ill be the one who needs help bulling. Actually looking here at my work shoes n there boggin'!!

Tut tut PC Midget!!

Pack arrived in the post.

Nice one. Mine should be waiting for me too when I get home!

Happy days, pack received and acceptance letter sent back.

Have to go now and get a replacement birth certificate ffs

Happy days, pack received and acceptance letter sent back.

Have to go now and get a replacement birth certificate ffs

Like me Midgetgem, paper copies weren't available when we were born it was inscribed on stone lol!

Derob wrote: »
    Like me Midgetgem, paper copies weren't available when we were born it was inscribed on stone lol!

Hahahaha

The Old Gits of Garnerville!!

• Advertisement

I had to get one before for a passport years ago...guess what? Lost it - so after getting the call the other day I went straight down to the office and got another one! Hopefully won't lose this one this time around!

PE kit,

Gonna be hard pushed to find plain black shorts and top with no logo etc on them.

Surely a Nike "tick" or addidas or simliar logo would be ok provided it not huge??

PE kit,

Gonna be hard pushed to find plain black shorts and top with no logo etc on them.

Surely a Nike "tick" or addidas or simliar logo would be ok provided it not huge??

Was thinking that myself - plain black top "should" be ok, but as you say a small logo of the manufacturer shouldn't cause offence...

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭.S.

Small / discrete sports logos are fine. Class mates have recommended decathlon, I just went to sports direct and got the more low key Nike stuff. Plus they're only concerned what gym clothes your in in pe / if in gym between 9-5. Outside of those hours when you do your own sessions you can wear whatever as long as no offensive logos

• Registered Users Posts: 3 BostonFan21

Hi, long time lurker here, first time posting. I'm on the merit list with a score between 69-72. I am a little behind as I had to miss my first PCA date but as of today have passed everything except vetting (I may be cleared but haven't heard anything good or bad). My worry is I get the call to start with you guys and I'm due to be out of country first 2 weeks of January. Without revealing exact dates would anybody be able to advise if January intake would conflict with this. Would hate to have to defer if I did get call.

Hi, long time lurker here, first time posting. I'm on the merit list with a score between 69-72. I am a little behind as I had to miss my first PCA date but as of today have passed everything except vetting (I may be cleared but haven't heard anything good or bad). My worry is I get the call to start with you guys and I'm due to be out of country first 2 weeks of January. Without revealing exact dates would anybody be able to advise if January intake would conflict with this. Would hate to have to defer if I did get call.

If everything is cleared now boston then there's a possibility that you'll get a call. If it does happen but your gonna be out of the country the first two weeks of January, then your gonna have to defer to the next intake mate.

My advice is sit tight and see how it pans out for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭DaveNi

Congratulations everyone on getting the call for January... Have just received a progression letter for C2 which is good news,

Just wondering If anyone can give a rough AC score which has got he January Call? Just so I know were I am....

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭KevBo2015

Congratulations to everyone who got the call, well done. About time midget eh haha!

Small logos are fine for PE so don't worry about that, decathlon is perfect and only up the road too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 ERASURE7

I believe we're around 70 for this latest intake

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Razer33

Just got my call! Over the moon

Advertisement