Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Hampers

• 17-11-2015 1:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,074 ✭✭✭

Hey Folks

My fiance wants to get hampers for his staff - he did it last year too but left it a bit late and it was rushed. Does anyone know anywhere around Dublin that we could go to and make up our own with wine, cheese, chocolate etc?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Dovies wrote: »
    Hey Folks

My fiance wants to get hampers for his staff - he did it last year too but left it a bit late and it was rushed. Does anyone know anywhere around Dublin that we could go to and make up our own with wine, cheese, chocolate etc?

Thanks

There's hamper-making sets in Aldi? Too much trouble?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Dovies wrote: »
    Hey Folks

Thanks

There's a couple of websites, gifts direct.com and gifts.ie I am sure there are probably more, Heatons in Charlestown have a good selection of all sizes hamper baskets if you want to make your own you should get a roll of cellophane in a book shop or easons

• Registered Users Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭screamer

I made them myself last year very last minute but they were nicer than what you get in a shop. I am very crafty and have all the stuff to do it though. Try avoca if you want a hamper lots of choice there for food not the cheapest though. Hamper companies make ridiculous Mark ups on hampers and generally they sell fixed item hampers. Alternatively try supervalue if you order in time they will make them up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,074 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Had a look at the hamper companies but he doesn't want to use one - would rather select stuff. Never thought of Supervalu! Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

Supervalue do some loverly items. You could ask would they do a special offer for you. The cheese board selection they do around christmas is great value

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

Fine wines make them up to order, you get a catalogue or list and you select the combination of items you want to go in it. I spent a few years as a hamper elf in our local fine wines hamper workshop :o They're easy enough to put together yourself but it does take a little time and effort to gather the bits together and do it. I used to keep an eye out for bargains in the run up to xmas and make fab cheap hampers as gifts but don't have the time anymore :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭SparkySpitfire

They're selling the wicker baskets in the big Euro Generals. I absolutely love making hampers so the easy access to baskets is a godsend this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,712 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

The Lovely Food Co in Terenure do lovely (of course!) hampers

Advertisement