Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Waiting Game

Options
  • 04-11-2015 11:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Anyone here passed everything and just waiting on a start date, if so when did you roughly pass and how long you waiting till your start date:) (roughly)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭IvanT1984

Your in the same boat as quite a few others, but nobody should be posting start dates on this forum as its a persec risk

calls will usually go out every 5 weeks and if you look back on some of the last intake posts you should be able to figure out roughly when the next batch will go out although its not an exact science, Can I ask what range your AC score was in?

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Johannes_Cabal

Trojan13 wrote: »
    Anyone here passed everything and just waiting on a start date, if so when did you pass and when is your start date:)

Can't ask for dates dude.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Trojan13

cheers guys, didn't realise !! 69ish was my score

cheers guys, didn't realise !! 69.25 was my score

You shouldn't post your exact score either, it can help identify you. On here it's best to be as vague as possible.

You my friend belong in the waiting room its frustrating as hell but its part of the process I would imagine with a score like yours you should be hearing soon but its subject to budget and the number of applicants ahead of you, Has your vetting cleared?

• Advertisement

vetting cleared and all, medical was passed approx 3-5 weeks ago aswell. Thanks for the help, employers are just badgering me so they can try replace me lol

vetting cleared and all, medical was passed approx 3-5 weeks ago aswell. Thanks for the help, employers are just badgering me so they can try replace me lol

Best advice in that case is until you have an offer you don't have a job

thanks for the help guys

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,644 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Hello Trojan13.

I notice that you're a new user, so welcome to the forums. I hope you find the information we have here useful.

This forum is unique on boards.ie in that there is a current and live threat on the lives of PSNI applicants, regardless of community background or religious beliefs.

It would seem that you have overlooked some very important information that is in the main forum for your benefit and safety. I strongly urge you to read the information contained in both this thread and this thread and to bear this information in mind each time you post a question, an answer or a comment in the PSNI Recruitment forum.

Thanks,

-Shield.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

Trojan youll get about 5 weeks from your call until your start date although this campaign there's been a few late calls. Usually employers ask for as much notice as you're paid, so a week if you're paid weekly, month if monthly etc so the 5 weeks should be adequate for your employers unless they've asked you for a specific amount of time. If that's the case you could defer to the next intake or see if you can come to a suitable arrangement with your boss

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭Breaking bad

Hi Trojan.

I'd say as long as budgets etc and intakes continue the way you should, you should be in the next 1- 2 batches. Fingers crossed and try not to think too much about it (easily said) until you start seeing the forum going crazy and a December intake thread started

• Registered Users Posts: 6 ERASURE7

As someone who is in the waiting room now would anyone be able to help with a question about deferring a start date?

ie is it possible?

I understand time off is not available from the training period and would likely need a couple of weeks absense in around 7 months time.

I was just curious as to whether deferrals were possible should you receive an offer of employment.

ERASURE7 wrote: »
    As someone who is in the waiting room now would anyone be able to help with a question about deferring a start date?

ie is it possible?

I understand time off is not available from the training period and would likely need a couple of weeks absense in around 7 months time.

I was just curious as to whether deferrals were possible should you receive an offer of employment.

It would depend on if there were any further intakes after you got your offer.

HR would be in the best position to advise you.

Got my date, hope all goes well with you all and everyone hears soon

Advertisement