Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

roses look like

Options
  • 02-11-2015 1:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭

they are coming back into civilization , twitter in meltdown

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

peteeeed wrote: »
    they are coming back into civilization , twitter in meltdown

We've done the nostalgia trip, so if there isn't new material I have zero interest in whatever is coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,087 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Looks likely there's be an announcement at 7pm today. I reckon it'll be an album. Good news!

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭Breaston Plants

A new album, and major tour by all accounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,804 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I can't remember now but I know several weeks back some other band or artist alluded on social media to the fact that they were in a studio working where the roses were also rehearsing or recording what sounded like 'new material'.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,618 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Just confirmed...

17th. and 18th. June 2016 - Manchester Etihad Stadium

8th. July 2016 - T In The Park

• Advertisement

Just confirmed...

17th. and 18th. June 2016 - Manchester Etihad Stadium

8th. July 2016 - T In The Park

Bit of an anti climax to be honest, was hoping for some new material.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

I doubt they'll tour with just old material. Expecting quite a few more dates between Manchester and T

• Registered Users Posts: 16,691 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

They wont have disappeared off the face of the planet for the last two years if all they were doing is rehearsing the old stuff. New album and loadsa new gigs on the way.

BPKS wrote: »
    They wont have disappeared off the face of the planet for the last two years if all they were doing is rehearsing the old stuff. New album and loadsa new gigs on the way.

Hopefully, but it just looks like a money grabbing exercise at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,691 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Hopefully, but it just looks like a money grabbing exercise at this stage.

Why announce everything together?

Draw it out and get maximum exposure from it.

Dont think the Roses are money grabbing types either.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

BPKS wrote: »
    Why announce everything together?

Draw it out and get maximum exposure from it.

Dont think the Roses are money grabbing types either.

Exactly, they were offered millions to reform over the years

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

Bit of an anti climax to be honest, was hoping for some new material.

Have to agree. Lots of rumours of new material, but at face value all they've done is hyped up a couple more stadium gigs.

They should do a Bowie and just drop a single out of the blue.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

https://twitter.com/gordonsmart/status/661261071437668353

New material , this guy broke the comeback story yesterday

Possibly a Glastonbury spot?

That doesn't mean new material, it could just mean more gigs.

yep , could mean anything , a dublin gig the weekend of T in the park would make sense with MCD having a stake in the Scottish festival

• Registered Users Posts: 71,618 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Or a Candy Flip reunion :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

not much money in new material unfortunately

not much money in new material unfortunately

While there's truth in that, if they did a Thom Yorke / My Bloody Valentine job with a new album and released it themselves, they could pocket all the proceeds - a Stone Roses album would reasonably expect to sell in big numbers. Having said that, it's not clear if they would prefer a traditional release or embrace the new "sudden drop" method of releasing albums. I suspect the former.

A new album would also help sustain the tour - give people a new reason to go and see them, and get a lot of people to see them again. If they played here, with no material, I probably wouldn't bother going - I was at the Phoenix Park and that was grand.

However if they played a couple of nights in the 3 Arena on the back of a new album, I'd probably be more likely to go.

Problem is, the tickets will probably be sold out for whatever they do before any album comes out.

well they seemed to have shifted a lot of tickets , 4th night added

• Advertisement

No surprise there. There'll be a gig in Dublin, for sure. If they doing stadiums there's a good chance it'll be Croke Park. I can't see them doing the Phoenix Park again.

It would be good, if next year they released a new album and then went on a more conventional arena tour - playing more dates and places like the 3 Arena or smaller venues like Brixton Academy or Roundhouse in the UK. Unlikely, as they can fill stadiums by the looks of things and earn the big bucks.

I believe a new album is inevitable.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,763 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

No surprise there. There'll be a gig in Dublin, for sure. If they doing stadiums there's a good chance it'll be Croke Park. I can't see them doing the Phoenix Park again.

It would be good, if next year they released a new album and then went on a more conventional arena tour - playing more dates and places like the 3 Arena or smaller venues like Brixton Academy or Roundhouse in the UK. Unlikely, as they can fill stadiums by the looks of things and earn the big bucks.

I believe a new album is inevitable.

going to the friday show in manchester but praying they dont play Croke Park or the Aviva as i cant afford to go to them too. the reason i choose manchester was that they have a record of playing outdoor venues like Phoenix Park etc here and i dont fancy standing in a field full of twats for hours.

CTsJu_tXIAA9lVk.jpg:large

75 quid a ticket - yikes. I've no experience going to gigs in Marlay, what's it like? Easy to get to? Any parking nearby? Nice crowd?

New material on the way, according to Ian Brown:

http://bcove.me/q1ing2vx

Gigs at Wembley , hampden park and sse arena Belfast announced for next June

Advertisement