Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Wilco, Iveagh gardens

• 12-11-2015 1:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭

Hi
    Wilco announced a gig in july for iveagh gardens.
    any one know what kind of capacity does that venue have??

tickets on sale 20th nov... Never seen them live, but hope to make it to this one.....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Sweet. Although not really a band I'd like to see outdoors again (primavera gig wasn't amazing). I've never been to a gig there but I reckon 4/5k?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Saw them in Vicar St the last time they were here. Brilliant live band. There are a lot of live gigs on youtube if you want to check them out.

No idea what Iveagh Gardens is like, but read mixed reports on here from gigs that have taken place there.

The National Concert Hall would have been a good venue, or the Olympia.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

I'd say the Iveagh Gardens holds about 3-5 thousand. It's a really nice venue and located in the city centre and easy to get to. Great place for a gig on a summer's evening before making a night of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭LithiumKid1976

how popular are they in ireland i wonder? do you think it would sell out quickly?
    listening a lot to "kicking television", sounds very good live..
    Seen a lot of clips on you tube also, really need to get my hands on some tickets when they go on sale.

with the massive set lists they tend to play, would they even bother with a support act?

they are pretty popular over here, I wouldn't think it's sell out the first day but should do well enough.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

They played 2 nights in Vicar St the last time they were here. First night was sold out I think. I'm not sure if the second night sold out, but it was pretty packed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

how popular are they in ireland i wonder? do you think it would sell out quickly?
    listening a lot to "kicking television", sounds very good live..
    Seen a lot of clips on you tube also, really need to get my hands on some tickets when they go on sale.

with the massive set lists they tend to play, would they even bother with a support act?

They will for this show anyway - the initial release was "Wilco plus special guest".

I'd be happy enough with no support act but sure, might help shift tickets down the line if it's a slow mover.

I'll be rushing for tickets for this for sure, but I've no idea how it will sell.

got 2 tickets......YAY!
    :p:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Got 2 tickets.

Got Stone Roses tickets too.

Minor heart-attack when the website froze on me but that's the risk TM run when they put Stone Roses, Wilco, Girl Band and the Coronas in the Marquee on sale at the same time!!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

seachto7 wrote: »
    Saw them in Vicar St the last time they were here. Brilliant live band. There are a lot of live gigs on youtube if you want to check them out.

No idea what Iveagh Gardens is like, but read mixed reports on here from gigs that have taken place there.

The National Concert Hall would have been a good venue, or the Olympia.

Don't think you'll see Wilco in the Olympia, they've always been an aiken band and that's what has them in Iveagh gardens. They are one of the dearer bands too, as there are so many of them and have a huge crew. Think it'll be an amazing gig. Saw beach house in IG and the venue really made the concert.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 debaser13

is the iveagh gardens a standing only venue?? Going to the pixies there, dont want to be sitting!

Not sure Debaser13, ive never been.
    (but i did get tickets for both wilco and the pixies...)

ps good user name..... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,800 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

debaser13 wrote: »
    is the iveagh gardens a standing only venue?? Going to the pixies there, dont want to be sitting!

No seats. Certainly not at The National gig last year anyway. Its a lovley venue for an outdoor gig and manages to give an intimate vibe with a festival type outdooes atmosphere... i believe there will be a support although not confirmed who as yet. Most of the Iveagh gig supports are pretty stellar we had Owen Pallet one night and Phospherescent last year.... Wilco wont do a trademark 2 hr 40 min set like they do in indoor venues expect two hours or just shy with curfew etc... should be grand all the same.

The fab Lucinda Williams has been added as support.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,800 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

**** thats great news ! can't wait for this now. :D

7.00pm-8.00pm- Lucinda Williams
    8.30pm-10.30pm- Wilco

Well, what did ye think?
    I really enjoyed it, sound was good, weather was ok :)
    though wilco were fantastic, and the acoustic set was class., first time i was in iveagh gardens. nice spot for a gig,

New album announced, Wilco Scmilco 9th September, two songs on spotify at the moment.

Advertisement