Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Late Late Toy Show?

• 29-08-2015 1:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭

Would anyone have any idea what date this may be on this year at all?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Its usually the last Friday in November.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭gelsthe

oh is it? can never remember - thanks for that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

Anyone know when they open up applications for tickets for the late late toy show this year ?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Glitzgirl wrote: »
    Anyone know when they open up applications for tickets for the late late toy show this year ?

In 2013 & 2014 applications opened in the first week in October. I will be applying again this year third year lucky right :P

Loughc wrote: »
    In 2013 & 2014 applications opened in the first week in October. I will be applying again this year third year lucky right :P

Would you belive I applied last year first year ever and got the call to get tickets ! But my mam had bought an all inclusive trip to New York for herself, my sister and I and the dates clashed. I had to tell them I couldn't take the tickets to toy show :( gutted. Hoping to try again this year !

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Would you belive I applied last year first year ever and got the call to get tickets ! But my mam had bought an all inclusive trip to New York for herself, my sister and I and the dates clashed. I had to tell them I couldn't take the tickets to toy show :( gutted. Hoping to try again this year !

I am jealous of both the fact you got the call and the fact you had a paid trip to New York!

I am jealous of both the fact you got the call and the fact you had a paid trip to New York!

New York at christmas time is just fab ! Just have to see the atmosphere and every shop and bank has giant nutcracker statues outside. Their decorations are so much cheaper too. I came home with a suitcase full of christmas deco and toys lol ! Yea my mam travels a lot usually at last minute notice! I'd love to go back to new york myself some day .. sigh

• Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

Form will go live from this page in the next few weeks. Only 1 application per name/email]

http://www.rte.ie/tv/latelate/ticketstoyshow.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Confirmed November 27th

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Great!! Actually have 27th off work so will do the decorations that day and have a nice cosy night with the Toy Show. Then heading to the Santa Train in Amber Springs the next day so will be a nice Chrismassy weekend.

• Advertisement

kitten_k wrote: »
    Great!! Actually have 27th off work so will do the decorations that da and have a nice cosy night with the Toy Show. Then heading to the Santa Train in Amber Springs the next day so will be a nice Chrismassy weekend.

That sounds like a lovely weekend !

• Registered Users Posts: 37,756 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

applied for a ticket today. dont think i will get it but u never know. how many tickets are there ???.

PTH2009 wrote: »
    applied for a ticket today. dont think i will get it but u never know. how many tickets are there ???.

100 sets of 2 tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

I applied too- fingers and toes crossed!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭vickers209

Anyone hear back from them yet or know when you do?
    I has a missed call from an 01 number today when you ring it back it says this number is not in service.

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Ziegfeldgirl27

From what I heard last year they only start calling people maybe the Wednesday before the toy show. They definitely wouldn't call this early.

I got an offer for tickets for the ordinary Late Late show and I had received an email from them and not a phone call.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭touts

vickers209 wrote: »
    Anyone hear back from them yet or know when you do?
    I has a missed call from an 01 number today when you ring it back it says this number is not in service.

:eek: Ah no man. You definitely missed out on the Toy Show tickets. Definitely! Just like the competitions on the show they only call once and if you don't answer they move on. Did you not know to keep the phone beside you constantly at this time of year. Oh my god who ever you were going to bring must be furious with you!

Only joking :D Don't worry. It was probably some chancers trying to sell you a TV package or new mobile phone contract.

Touts is right. Last year the tickets were given out the Wednesday before the show. So you've another couple of weeks to wait yet.

Applications are still open so none have been given out yet.

• Site Banned Posts: 12 JulianSNZ

Apparently Lego is making a big comeback this year

• Advertisement

I need those pjs :D if I don't get offered a ticket for toy show they will help lift my mood while I'm watching toy show wearing them !

I need those pjs :D if I don't get offered a ticket for toy show they will help lift my mood while I'm watching toy show wearing them !

You should get some! I have mine ordered

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

How do you mean ordered? Aren't they available in the Penneys??

You can pre order from the RTE site

Ordered from where if you don't mind me asking ? :)

Ordered from where if you don't mind me asking ? :)

The RTE store

The RTE store

God I got excited there for a minute I thought pennys had started some online ordering facility :) I'd be permanently broke :o :pac:

God I got excited there for a minute I thought pennys had started some online ordering facility :) I'd be permanently broke :o :pac:

It would be great if they did but they have always said they would never go online

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

It would be great if they did but they have always said they would never go online

There sales would rocket. My credit card would be at it's maximum and I'd be on cloud nine!!!

Advertisement