Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Motley Crue

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Well that was fantastic.
    Not without flaws but it was great.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,712 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

A dream come through to see motley both crue and Alice Cooper were excellent last night. I was in block 113 row g straight across from the second stage . More on this later

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭furiousox

How was Vince?

CPL 593H

motleys set was good all the hits as you would expect. pity they never played ireland (Id say becasue there all sober since the 80's and ireland as a drinking country they probly never wanted to come here cause of that). Mick is an amazing guitarist, lee is also a very good drummer, Nikki is cool looking and an ok bass player. Vince was good on some songs crap on some.

the show itself was amazing, the end was class with vince and nikki on a rollercoaster going over the crowd, tommys drum solo was cool also.

happy i saw them live and was worth the trip to the uk.

hopefully they release a dvd of a show on this tour and a documentery on the bands career

furiousox wrote: »
    How was Vince?

As was said, good on some, not on others. He'd often sing half a line then lower the mic, like he was constantly out of breath out something.
    Regardless though, he put on the show just like the rest of them and a great time was had. I would have changed one or two things on the setlist but that's stretching it as a complaint.
    Delighted I got to see them, and Alice Copper was a welcome bonus.

My only complaints were unrelated to the performance ie city selection/presale fiasco.

Now to wait for the reunion tour.

• Advertisement

As was said, good on some, not on others. He'd often sing half a line then lower the mic, like he was constantly out of breath out something.
    Regardless though, he put on the show just like the rest of them and a great time was had. I would have changed one or two things on the setlist but that's stretching it as a complaint.
    Delighted I got to see them, and Alice Copper was a welcome bonus.

My only complaints were unrelated to the performance ie city selection/presale fiasco.

Now to wait for the reunion tour.

had to laugh when nikki was given the speech about the city they chose for the tour saying the citys were always there for them since day one etc. so Monte Carlo and Abu Dhabai were there from the start and Dublin wasant ??? lol.

PTH2009 wrote: »
    had to laugh when nikki was given the speech about the city they chose for the tour saying the citys were always there for them since day one etc. so Monte Carlo and Abu Dhabai were there from the start and Dublin wasant ??? lol.

Yeah, 'we swear this cash grab isn't about money'. Reminded me of spinal tap's speech. Going for a piss when he started talking was a wise decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭furiousox

Pity they dropped "Too Fast For Love" & "Ten Seconds To Love" from the set.

CPL 593H

furiousox wrote: »
    Pity they dropped "Too Fast For Love" & "Ten Seconds To Love" from the set.

And 'too young to fall in love'.
    But they decided to include two covers. Admittedly, both have been part of their routine for a long time but they have more than enough of their own material at this stage.

id say the whos whos of rock will be at the final show on new years eve in LA. Id say we might see a dvd of a show on the tour.

they cant play as Motley Crue after new years eve so they mite come back in 2017 as The Crue

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,908 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

id say the whos whos of rock will be at the final show on new years eve in LA. Id say we might see a dvd of a show on the tour.

they cant play as Motley Crue after new years eve so they mite come back in 2017 as The Crue

Has anybody actually seen this contract??

scudzilla wrote: »
    Has anybody actually seen this contract??

Even if it's a genuine, bidding legal document, these things always have exit clauses.

so 2 more days and motley crue will be over. i can only imagine the vip after party.

thanks for the music motley crue all the best

so 2 more days and motley crue will be over. i can only imagine the vip after party.

thanks for the music motley crue all the best

Ah...they've been over for some time already.

http://www.motley.com/motley-crue-to-release-full-length-live-concert-film-of-final-performance/

saw that coming. more money grabbing tactics. cant see this in irish cinemas but remain hopeful

• Registered Users Posts: 6,348 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

http://www.motley.com/motley-crue-to-release-full-length-live-concert-film-of-final-performance/

saw that coming. more money grabbing tactics. cant see this in irish cinemas but remain hopeful

Hardly they've some way to go to catch up with KISS; makes sense to capture the last show

Hardly they've some way to go to catch up with KISS; makes sense to capture the last show

They're worse than KISS at this stage.
    It's like they tried to imitate KISS and botched it.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭mark13

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/tommy-lees-the-cruecifly-malfunctions-during-motley-crues-final-concert-video/
    MÖTLEY CRÜE drummer Tommy Lee's drum kit malfunctioned during the band's last-ever concert, which took place last night (Thursday, December 31) at the Staples Center in Los Angeles, California.

Dubbed "The Crüecifly", Lee's drum stunt saw him bolted to a platform that moves on a roller coaster-type track near the arena ceiling, passing the band's inverted-pentagram lighting rig and spiked disco ball and spinning him 360 degrees vertically, rendering him upside-down.

During last night's show, Lee's roller coaster left the rocker suspended upside down halfway through his performance. As road crew members attempted to fix the structure, Lee said: "It looks like the roller coaster is broken. Well, **** the roller coaster! Come on, guys, help. Come get me. I can't believe this is happening on the last night. I knew something wasn't right when I took off."

The drum kit was eventually set right and Lee climbed down the roller coaster. The kit was rolled back to the stage without Tommy, allowing the drummer to finish playing the show.

As the concert drew to a close, bassist Nikki Sixx said: "Maybe a year from now, somebody's gonna look at you and say, 'Remember that band MÖTLEY CRÜE? They were pretty cool.' And you know what you're gonna say? 'Well, **** you, because I was at their last concert ever!'"

:D

That's after making a mess of the concert film lol. I'd say they will edit another performance of lees solo into the movie

Blooper reel?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭Coburger

What's the chance of some unreleased studio music from the Crue now that they've debanded?

Here's hoping that some old Corabi post 94 stuff will someday come out.

Coburger wrote: »
    What's the chance of some unreleased studio music from the Crue now that they've debanded?

Think they can still record together but are finished as a live band.

Coburger wrote: »

They did it when they re-released their albums after getting the rights off Elektra. Few demos etc... not great.

apprently none of the band members talk to each other now. Vince Neil is fronting his own band, Nikki is off with his band SIXX AM (there Nothing spectacular tbh), Mick is retired id say and dont knw what Tommy Lee is doing

The live concert they recorded is now on PPV On demand in the US and should be out on DVD anytime now

Its hard to knw were they just together for the money and faked all the hugging/emotional stuff on there final tour

still im delighted i saw them live before they finished

• Registered Users Posts: 6,348 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Mick Mars has a solo album in the works last I heard John Corabi might have some involvement in it

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Mick Mars has a solo album in the works last I heard John Corabi might have some involvement in it

That'll be worth picking up, Mick Mars is such an under rated guitar player..

apprently none of the band members talk to each other now. Its hard to knw were they just together for the money and faked all the hugging/emotional stuff on there final tour
    I think it's a safe bet that money was their motivation. The final tour was a sham considering the details, also, you'll see they haven't had any substantial break in touring since releasing SOLA.
    The album was by no means bad, but it's release and impact were unspectacular.

If that was the best they could muster, after all their turmoil and with the original line up, then I'd say the decision was made to cash out.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Random question here - is there any live Motley album, bootleg or otherwise, from the John Corabi era? I'd love to hear his take on some of the Vince Neil mainstay songs!

Random question here - is there any live Motley album, bootleg or otherwise, from the John Corabi era? I'd love to hear his take on some of the Vince Neil mainstay songs!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wzqJ2TDNpRk

Found this on YouTube. Few vids of him doing Vince era songs in 1994.

• Advertisement

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wzqJ2TDNpRk

Found this on YouTube. Few vids of him doing Vince era songs in 1994.

Wow that was really good.
    Corabi is a great singer but that's a brilliant take on those songs, especially live wire.

Advertisement