Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment 2015

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭hellomoto1234

Sheepsy wrote: »
    Agreed. It's not a fast process trust me, as someone who's still part of the last campaign, waiting is a big part of trying to get this job. Don't be surprised if emails come after 6pm, the working day doesn't seem to mean anything.

They will arrive...someday...hopefully...before 2020 for sure

They were quite fond of sending them late in the day *checks emails*

IST invite near 6pm
    IST result after 5pm
    AC result around 5pm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Homer01

Chilling out is easier said than done whether your new to the process or an old hand. I'm sure everyone on this board has queried the inner workings of the system and why things to take so long.

That's the beauty of the board we can all use collective knowledge and information to help ease our restless minds :)

If you've heard nothing by tomorrow I would recommend emailing Deloitte. I reckon there will be a batch of emails heading out later today.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 blue3790

Was worried earlier that it had went to my junk folder and had been deleted or something. Glad nobody else has received theirs.. Has put my mind at ease. Must admit, was expecting mine before 5pm but no sign yet. But in saying that I doubt they have made a mistake.. Will hopefully arrive soonish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

Lol no IST email yet but the spa sent me some great offers, handy given the stress were about to put ourselves through. Again. So not wise :D

Every time one of you lot post, I get an email notification and get my hopes up! :p

• Advertisement

blue3790 wrote: »
    Every time one of you lot post, I get an email notification and get my hopes up! :p

Lmao grip to the spa with me :D lol couldn't help it. Had to get your email to ping again ;)

Mop a top wrote: »
    Lmao grip to the spa with me :D lol couldn't help it. Had to get your email to ping again ;)

MOP A TOP this is no time for jokes, this whole recruitment craic is not good for my nerves :p in all serious though, how do you turn off emails from boards? Driving me nuts!

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Derob

Just got mine but hoping I get called for C2 before I've to do it lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭Breaking bad

MOP A TOP this is no time for jokes, this whole recruitment craic is not good for my nerves :p in all serious though, how do you turn off emails from boards? Driving me nuts!

Click the unfollow button at the top or bottom of the page :)

lol, I toned mine down after waiting for AC results last time. Getting emails with PSNI in the title 5 minutes is not good for the heart!!

• Advertisement

Lmao Blue I've just got mine!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Potential Constable Dibble

Derob wrote: »

I got mine too but the date I've been given is right slap bang on a day when I could potentially get THE call for this campaign!!

I know it would go to voicemail but even so, would be gutted to be waiting on the call for C2 when in the middle of a C3 exam!!

I got mine too but the date I've been given is right slap bang on a day when I could potentially get THE call for this campaign!!

I know it would go to voicemail but even so, would be gutted to be waiting on the call for C2 when in the middle of a C3 exam!!
    Hopefully they will be out early due to Xmas etc affecting intake ;)

Lmao Blue I've just got mine!!!

Got mine as well! Could bump into some of you lot and not know it! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 19 bow runner

Got mine tonight, good luck everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Pmac773

Got mine around 5! Today was hell waiting on that email, what does it not feel like to be in the waiting room lol it's crazy, as for the boards emailing with PSNI in the title, yeah that gets on my nerves too when I'm waiting on an email!

Pmac773 wrote: »
    Got mine around 5! Today was hell waiting on that email, what does it not feel like to be in the waiting room lol it's crazy, as for the boards emailing with PSNI in the title, yeah that gets on my nerves too when I'm waiting on an email!

Lol never mind the waiting room, each stage is just as bad, whether it's waiting on your date coming round or waiting for the result its a nightmare but sure we've all got each other to keep company on here as we slowly go nuts :P

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Pmac773

Lol never mind the waiting room, each stage is just as bad, whether it's waiting on your date coming round or waiting for the result its a nightmare but sure we've all got each other to keep company on here as we slowly go nuts :P

It's awful! I didn't expect it to be this bad lol, I'm normally quite a patient person! Although since I applied I think that has totally went out the window, checked my emails constantly yesterday! Was questioning my sanity by 5pm yesterday lmao

• Registered Users Posts: 19 bow runner

Another rough weekend for our possible colleagues , makes you think. Wish I was there to make little difference maybe. Who knows this time a year or two.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,631 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

bow runner wrote: »
    Another rough weekend for our possible colleagues
    This.

Definitely this.

Just read the CC's report to the Policing Board.

Grand total of 5,605 applicants. Am I right in saying this is down on previous campaigns?
    I seem to remember the 1309 campaign was about 7,500.

http://www.psni.police.uk/chief_constable_s_report_to_the_ni_policing_board__05_11_15

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Johannes_Cabal

Homer01 wrote: »
    Just read the CC's report to the Policing Board.

Grand total of 5,605 applicants. Am I right in saying this is down on previous campaigns?
    I seem to remember the 1309 campaign was about 7,500.

http://www.psni.police.uk/chief_constable_s_report_to_the_ni_policing_board__05_11_15

Yeah, not sure about 1405 but 1309 was around the 7000 odd mark. 5,605 is still a lot to compete with. Even if 50% fail IST we are still left with near 3000 to contend with for what might be a couple of hundred positions at best...puts the pressure on a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭IvanT1984

Yeah, not sure about 1405 but 1309 was around the 7000 odd mark. 5,605 is still a lot to compete with. Even if 50% fail IST we are still left with near 3000 to contend with for what might be a couple of hundred positions at best...puts the pressure on a bit.

I see he mentions 21 weeks intensive training I wonder is this something that will be introduced for those successful in the next campaign or is it simply a typo?

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Johannes_Cabal

IvanT1984 wrote: »
    I see he mentions 21 weeks intensive training I wonder is this something that will be introduced for those successful in the next campaign or is it simply a typo?

Maybe he doesn't count the last week as 'training'..is it not preparation for attestation and passing out parade?

But who knows maybe they have condensed certain elements to reduce the training period.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Tinfoilcap

You get 5 days off as leave during training so it technically is only 21 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭IvanT1984

Tinfoilcap wrote: »
    You get 5 days off as leave during training so it technically is only 21 weeks.

Yeah was thinking that may have been the case

Would you want a week off?!? I'd be too paranoid I'd miss something lol

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Wannabegarda

Not going to proceed any further with it. Im away in the states during the IST and the only reason i would come back is if i got the garda medical. Gotten far in the Garda atm waiting (impatiently) on interview results, im all 'copped' out with police recruitment atm. Need a break from it if i dont get it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭.S.

There is some annual leave days yes but they're essentially study leave days, the PSNI set the dates, you can't pick/take any other Annual Leave at GV. (I'd be exactly the same mop!)

Advertisement