Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enda kenny

• 22-10-2015 7:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭

is it safe for the country to let him out, after his outburst in Madrid.Seemingly the topic of the army protecting the banks came up before and Simon Coveney
    denied this, get him back into the box

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

Here's a link outlining what the Central Bank Governor had mentioned.

http://www.thejournal.ie/enda-kenny-puzzled-army-on-streets-2403495-Oct2015/

FWIW, many countries have had to deploy security forces at bank branches since the financial crisis began.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

nagel wrote: »
    is it safe for the country to let him out, after his outburst in Madrid.Seemingly the topic of the army protecting the banks came up before and Simon Coveney

At the time you try create stability, not panic.

Another whisper I've heard was we were printing the punt, or were ready to do so at the press of a button, should the Euro collapse.

A lot of people don't know how far this country has come

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,964 ✭✭✭For Reals

BOHtox wrote: »
    At the time you try create stability, not panic.

Another whisper I've heard was we were printing the punt, or were ready to do so at the press of a button, should the Euro collapse.

A lot of people don't know how far this country has come

It's gone halfway around on the same old rotation. What FF/FG did to the public is disgusting. Nothing has improved. We are setting the same old skittles back up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

The army should have been protecting the banks from the inside when his cronies and the Fianna Fail cronies were robbing the country blind, not outside protecting the ATMs for the ordinary Joe Soap...:mad:

This guy is a national embarrassment.!!

For Reals wrote: »
    It's gone halfway around on the same old rotation. What FF/FG did to the public is disgusting. Nothing has improved. We are setting the same old skittles back up.

Worry not.

Just 6 months to go and this evil government will be no more.

utopia awaits.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭Bulbous Salutation

It seems like an honest assessment of the dire financial circumstances the State found itself in at the time. The Sovereign was for all intents and purposes teetering on the edge of default.

It's anathema to many of the perennial moaners and cranks around here, but this Government did a fine job of implementing successive austerity budgets. Austerity being the grotesque idea of living within your means.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

I hope this government is returned

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭Bulbous Salutation

efb wrote: »

Absolutely. It's been a fine Government, both from an economic and social point of view. It's one that history will look very kindly upon. FG and Labour have always made good bedfellows when it comes to running this place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,723 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

Nothing to see here, move along now

It seems like an honest assessment of the dire financial circumstances the State found itself in at the time. The Sovereign was for all intents and purposes teetering on the edge of default.

It's anathema to many of the perennial moaners and cranks around here, but this Government did a fine job of implementing successive austerity budgets. Austerity being the grotesque idea of living within your means.

And also means that those who caused the financial disaster walk away scot-free, even rewarded with handshakes and pensions that film stars would be proud of.:mad:

• Advertisement

So does Denis O'Brien...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

Absolutely. It's been a fine Government, both from an economic and social point of view. It's one that history will look very kindly upon. FG and Labour have always made good bedfellows when it comes to running this place.
    This is tongue in cheek I presume , and by ' running ' you mean ruining of course.
    Kenny is an utterly spineless national emabarrasment , the electorate will put him out of his misery soon enough .

Oops69 wrote: »
    the electorate will put him out of his misery soon enough .

Roll on the new FF/SF government.

Not long to go

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Worry not.

utopia awaits.

I hope you know Fine Gael will be back on goverment. Labour maybe not, but FG defiantly.

All throughout this governments term I have been a SF supporter, but over gr last few months I have moved to Fine Gael.

With the exception of Irish Water, they have been a fine goverment.

I hope you know Fine Gael will be back on goverment.

The alternative government, month in- month out poll 5% to 8% higher than the incumbents.

The numbers are becoming irresistible.

The party that bankrupted the state, back in because the voters tired of the idea of the state paying for itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

washman3 wrote: »
    And also means that those who caused the financial disaster walk away scot-free, even rewarded with handshakes and pensions that film stars would be proud of.:mad:

Just this summer, 3 former Anglo bosses were arrested and charged.

David Drumm is currently facing extradition charges to be brought back to Ireland.

Seánie Fitz is facing charges and will be brought to court in May 16.

And what you're angry about is in no way related to us, as a country, living within our means. We're all affected by the crisis.

There seems to be outrage towards the current government, who were brave enough to put themselves forward to fix the mess, instead of those who made it (FF) and the far left who would only make it worse and add more debt and create more instability.

This is the Fine Gael appreciation thread. Amusing, sad, pathethic.
    Worry not.

utopia awaits.

More concerned about the same ol' same ol' and the next recession.

It's upsetting that vote eligible adults believe such things and think this had more than a minor role in the gambling crash overseen by financial cartels.

The alternative government, month in- month out poll 5% to 8% higher than the incumbents.

The party that bankrupted the state, back in because the voters tired of the idea of the state paying for itself.

Where do you live, Enda's spare room?
    I'm sick of the bull**** spin we all had a mad party of it and it ruined the country and Fine Gael helped us back on our feet. It's just not true.
    It was gambling, except the house, (tax payer) pays win or lose and an improved economy if you're connected to Fine Gael or too big to fail/pay tax. Don't make me puke with your nonsense and bull****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

Landing the Irish People with having to pay back unsecured Bond Holders 10s of Billions is just one of Kenny's highlights for me.

washman3 wrote: »
    So does Denis O'Brien...

Yawn

• Advertisement

Landing the Irish People with having to pay back unsecured Bond Holders 10s of Billions is just one of Kenny's highlights for me.

That wasn't Enda's doing, and looks like the EU strong-armed the former government into that one...

what is the alternative SF/FF don't have the numbers, either do SF/Hard Left

SF/FF don't have the numbers,

They are ticking along at 40%, easily 60-65 seats should be the target

This won't be enough for a majority, but much closer than the incumbents polling at around 32-34%.

People assumed it would never happen, but the reality is, with every passing poll, this current government will not be reelected.

the people want the good times to roll again.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

They are ticking along at 40%, easily 60-65 seats should be the target

This won't be enough for a majority, but much closer than the incumbents polling at around 32-34%.

People assumed it would never happen, but the reality is, with every passing poll, this current government will not be reelected.

the people want the good times to roll again.

The good times of doing **** all and getting plenty of money from the state? The times of stifling entrepreneurship and hard graft by taxing the **** out of the "rich" so **** heads like Paul Murphy can Swan around the place inciting public disorder?

I think I'll keep the "bad" times

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

Uriel. wrote: »
    The good times of doing **** all and getting plenty of money from the state? The times of stifling entrepreneurship and hard graft by taxing the **** out of the "rich" so **** heads like Paul Murphy can Swan around the place inciting public disorder?

I think I'll keep the "bad" times
    I think boJack is agreeing with you, he just has a sarcastic way!

I dunno sometimes I think let sf and ff back in and we can finally see the damage they will do. Then let fg fix the mess as usual and we won't have to be dealing with sf again.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭nagel

Typical boards, the title is about enda kenny and the embarrassment he causes, to me at least when he opens his mouth abroad

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭huey1975

There is a lot of crazy right wing stuff on boards.ie.
    is it not obvious that communism is the way to go. It has been so successful in the old Soviet Union, China , Cuba etc. look at the massive crisis in South Korea with all of those poor starving hungry people lining up on the border trying to get to the utopia that is the Communist state of North Korea.
    There are some crazy notions that some hardworking people are just greedy bastards and why should they have a higher standard of living than someone who lies in bed till noon and then ambles down to the post office to collect a few pound, and then spend the afternoon between the bookies and pub. It's crazy stuff.
    WE SHOULD ALL GET THE SAME REGARDLESS OF OUR WORK ETHIC AND PRODUCTIVITY---
    ITS ONLY FAIR

Typical boards, the title is about enda kenny and the embarrassment he causes, to me at least when he opens his mouth abroad

The Taoiseach was repeating an anecdotal conversation with the central bank governor some years back.

There was no plan for military deployment..... Just the governor feeling jittery if anger turns to violence (which it did at banks in Greece).

If a trivial anecdote sends you into a shame chasm, take a day off and rest!

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭nagel

If thats the way you see it so be it, have a strong coffee yourself and change the glasses

• Advertisement

If thats the way you see it so be its

That's they way anyone would objectively see it.

Anecdotes are anecdotes.... nothing controversial in the slightest.

Advertisement