Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

November Intake

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43 j3llybean

IvanT1984 wrote: »
    Cheers Jellybean had a chance to have a proper look and found it tucked in with the booklet

No problemo!

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭IvanT1984

Guys just a suggestion but I read this on the starting in GV thread that people from previous intakes started a whatsapp group with each other, now I'm not suggesting lets all PM each other mobile numbers right now but at the induction weekend if you are comfortable with it we might start exchanging contact details?

Just a suggestion but may be worth looking into

• Registered Users Posts: 30 statusz

Guys just a suggestion but I read this on the starting in GV thread that people from previous intakes started a whatsapp group with each other, now I'm not suggesting lets all PM each other mobile numbers right now but at the induction weekend if you are comfortable with it we might start exchanging contact details?

Sounds like a plan and again I would reiterate only exchanging numbers at the induction!!

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭MikeOneJuliet

Your trainers will appoint a class leader and provide a sheet for you all to write your numbers on. The class leader then creates the whatsapp group

Your trainers will appoint a class leader and provide a sheet for you all to write your numbers on. The class leader then creates the whatsapp group

Awesome good to know

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Dekkers

Awesome good to know

That happens in your first week in Garnerville (unless it's changed in the short time since my release) and is invaluable.

If you want to swap numbers in the time between induction and start date sort it out amongst yourselves. Can't do any harm!

Hint: classes are organised alphabetically by surname.

Double hint: Don't be one of those people who thinks Garnerville begins and ends with your class.

Enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Ctzy7

Hi folks,

First post here.

Just received my letter to say I'm fit for purpose yesterday and am already cleared of vetting, so in the waiting room now.

I've read through a bit of what's on here but was just trying to spot any sort of pattern as to when the calls are made.

Would I be right in saying they appear to be made on Fridays? Or is it just random?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Mallbo26

Ctzy7 wrote: »
    Hi folks,

First post here.

Just received my letter to say I'm fit for purpose yesterday and am already cleared of vetting, so in the waiting room now.

I've read through a bit of what's on here but was just trying to spot any sort of pattern as to when the calls are made.

Would I be right in saying they appear to be made on Fridays? Or is it just random?

Thanks.[/

Well done on passing everything! You're in the waiting room now then!

So the usual pattern is that the calls go out every five to six weeks. There is no real pattern in what day they go out but they usually go out over two or three days.

The last set of calls went out last Friday and on Monday so there may be more calls around the end of Novemeber but we have all guessed that they may be for January intake as apposed to December, obviously because of Chrismas!

Don't take this information for fact though, as it may not work out like that! It's more just a rough guideline!

Best of luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Joe789

It states the induction weekend is non-residential, I was under the impression we would be staying overnight. I'm about 90 mins away. Any info on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭MikeOneJuliet

Joe789 wrote: »
    It states the induction weekend is non-residential, I was under the impression we would be staying overnight. I'm about 90 mins away. Any info on this?

Non residential. Best to book into a hotel

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Joe789

Non residential. Best to book into a hotel

Lovely!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭Breaking bad

I can't quite believe it yet and it hasn't fully sunk in...

I GOT THE CALL AND IM JOINING EVERYONE ON THIS INTAKE !!!!

:):)

There may be hope for some others now if similar things come up

• Registered Users Posts: 30 statusz

:):)

Someone can't go now and i was next in line. There may be hope for some others now if similar things come up

Well done buddy welcome to the club!

statusz wrote: »
    Well done buddy welcome to the club!

Thanks :) maybe it was a sign when I started the thread lol.

BUZZING

• Registered Users Posts: 43 j3llybean

Thanks :) maybe it was a sign when I started the thread lol.

BUZZING

Congratulations BB!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

Well done my lovely!!!!!

Thank you!

For those who didn't get the call you may still be in luck

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Derob

Thank you!

For those who didn't get the call you may still be in luck

Well done BB, that just made me nervous again, had resigned myself to hopefully getting call next time, now anytime the phone goes I'll be jumping ;)

Derob wrote: »
    Well done BB, that just made me nervous again, had resigned myself to hopefully getting call next time, now anytime the phone goes I'll be jumping ;)

There is always hope, keep your chin up

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,631 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Couldn't be happier to add your name to the list in your first post on this thread.

Well done friend.

-Shield.

• Advertisement

Well done bro

cant wait to meet you in GV

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭hellomoto1234

Congrats BB!

Thanks :) still hasn't sunk in yet. Feel like I've won the lottery lol

• Registered Users Posts: 9 potentialpc13

congrats BB

• Registered Users Posts: 30 aloha2711

Thanks :) still hasn't sunk in yet. Feel like I've won the lottery lol

Huge Congratulations BB! What a lovely call to get on a dreary Monday like this!

aloha2711 wrote: »
    Huge Congratulations BB! What a lovely call to get on a dreary Monday like this!

Tell me about it. I was looking out the window shortly before the call and thinking "I just want to go home and lock myself away " as of not getting a call last week etc. Then out of the blue a call comes through and I thought it was going to be bad news as there were no other posts in the forum over the last few days.

Gym then a well deserved beer later on tonight to celebrate

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭StingrayGC

Congratulations man, enjoy your beers.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Mallbo26

Well done BB! Brilliant news! See you in GV!

I can't hand my notice in yet as I've been with my employer 6 months and my probation meeting is coming up to make us permenant. If I tell them now it's only a weeks notice for either party in which case they would tell me they only need me for the week etc.

Instead I have to hold out another week and then give them their 4 weeks notice that a permenant member of staff needs to give them lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 aloha2711

I'm on cloud nine!

Count me in on the November intake too please!!

Advertisement