Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Betting on Election Date

• 10-10-2015 11:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭

I have a theory on when the next election will be.

I'm fairly new to gambling so would appreciate any advice.

Paddy Power will allow me to choose the month of the election, but not the specific date.

Do you know where I could place a bet on the exact date?

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

Just give us the aul month there and you can be going on with the day and time Inda is heading for the Arasbiggrin.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Lucky enough to be able to select the actual month, nevermind the day-date.
    After today's announcement for the intention of 'Spring 16' date, the odds have corresponded,
    yet strangely November is still a short price with Powers:

November 2015 x3.40
    December 2015 x10.00

January 2016 x51.00
    February 2016 x1.66
    March 2016 x3.20
    April 2016 or later x8.00

Ladbrokes offer the best value currently for 'any 2015' date at a decent x4.5. But any 2016 date only x1.2.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,842 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

I wonder why a January '16 GE is 50/1. I'd hazard a guess and say that it's a combo of:
    • There's not that many chances in December to dissolve the Dáil.
    • Politicians really dread the thought of canvassing during cold, wet, miserable and dark January evenings.
    • The effect of a giveaway budget hasn't been felt yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,943 ✭✭✭3DataModem

Never Jan, they won't canvass over Christmas.

Nov is the value I would say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭scheister

Fine Gael have an ard fheis last weekend in January. I would be expecting the announcement of a date at that. Making the election date late feb early march

Advertisement