Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Xbox 360 - drive stuck

• 14-10-2015 12:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,891 ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys, not sure if this is the right place. Is it possible to still get a working disc drive to replace the stuck one I currently have. I'm restricted to playing "games with gold" downloads for now.

Any help?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

GBX wrote: »
    Hi guys, not sure if this is the right place. Is it possible to still get a working disc drive to replace the stuck one I currently have. I'm restricted to playing "games with gold" downloads for now.

Any help?

You can't just drop in a replacement drive unfortunately, each drive is paired to a specific console. There are ways around it, the best way though is to swap the logic board of your existing drive onto a replacement one, that way pairing remains in tact. It does require soldering to do that though. You have to buy the exact same type of drive thats in your console too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,891 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Ok, thanks for the reply. I'll look into that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭Celeron Media

Just repair the stuck drive.

- Open the console & remove the DVD drive.
    - Open the DVD enclosure.
    - Slide the tray forward.
    - Under the tray at the front of the drive look for a small black rubber belt linked between 2 wheels above the gears.
    - Remove the rubber belt and clean it & clean around the gears.
    - Put the rubber belt back on between the 2 wheels.
    - Put the DVD drive back to it's original state & test it. It should function correctly now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭Celeron Media

Just repair the stuck drive.

- Open the console & remove the DVD drive.
    - Open the DVD enclosure.
    - Slide the tray forward.
    - Under the tray at the front of the drive look for a small black rubber belt linked between 2 wheels above the gears.
    - Remove the rubber belt and clean it & clean around the gears.
    - Put the rubber belt back on between the 2 wheels.
    - Put the DVD drive back to it's original state & test it. It should function correctly now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Just repair the stuck drive

Or do that, yeah :o

• Advertisement
Advertisement