Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Thread for Maggots!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,348 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

scudzilla wrote: »
    Rock & Metal roadtrip, surely we could fill a 25 seater between us, anyone want me to price it up?

I've done coach trips to concerts before when i lived in Wales, people pay up front and it's not an issue

Well I'll prob get a ticket to this

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

bushball wrote: »
    No Dublin date announced?

Too soon, they'd probably be afraid that it wouldn't sell.
    Mind you, I'd happily go again.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭jayobray

The Point is not available either 14th or 16th February, so if they play Belfast on 15th, they'd have to take a night off before they could play Dublin on 17th, assuming the Point would be the only venue in Dublin capable of hosting such a gig.

Any word on who's supporting?

jayobray wrote: »
    The Point is not available either 14th or 16th February, so if they play Belfast on 15th, they'd have to take a night off before they could play Dublin on 17th, assuming the Point would be the only venue in Dublin capable of hosting such a gig.

Why speculate? Dublin was never gonna happen, it sold well last time but not sold out and that was with Korn in support known and without a Belfast show doing the 2 doesnt seem wise, simple as. Belfast clearly added due to reasonable sales from the previously announced UK dates.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭jayobray

Why speculate? Dublin was never gonna happen, it sold well last time but not sold out and that was with Korn in support known and without a Belfast show doing the 2 doesnt seem wise, simple as. Belfast clearly added due to reasonable sales from the previously announced UK dates.

I totally agree, doesn't make sense to have two gigs in Ireland, just replying to a previous poster giving an extra reason as to why it won't happen

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Reiketsu

Standing ticket bought :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8 gillovespandas

Any idea where i'd be able to buy a corey taylor mask in time for halloween???

Suicidal Tendencies confirmed as the support act for Belfast and other UK dates.

Suicidal Tendencies confirmed as the support act for Belfast and other UK dates.

Heard SikTh are supposed to be added to the bill also

• Advertisement

Heard SikTh are supposed to be added to the bill also

Added to all UK dates except Belfast.

The tour is well underway with same setlist every night this time, 17 songs played every night as was the case when they did Dublin last year so great to see 8/17 songs are different.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,957 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Corey Taylor was the special guest on the 100th episode of the podcast No Such Thing as a Fish, which is by the research team behind the BBC programme QI. Not only is the guy a hoot, he sounds like a genuinely nice guy. It's a great podcast regardless. :pac:
    Dan, James, Anna, Andy and special guest Corey Taylor discuss noisy silent discos, squid holograms, and a trillion seconds of porridge for breakfast.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 12,957 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    I'm now reading that the reason for Joey's departure was illness, specifically something call transverse myelitis, inflamation of the nerves that is related to multiple sclerosis: source.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

bnt wrote: »
    I'm now reading that the reason for Joey's departure was illness, specifically something call transverse myelitis, inflamation of the nerves that is related to multiple sclerosis: source.

If that's true, it's pretty silly that it's been a secret this long.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

If that's true, it's pretty silly that it's been a secret this long.

Maybe they didn't want it know and decided to keep it on the down low, ya know let Joey deal with it privately.

Being diagnosed with an illness doesn't warrant the secrecy.
    Also, Jordison explicitly stated that he didn't quit, but was fired.
    Now, suddenly he's extremely vocal about it and states that he quit.

Seems odd

Giving this a bump as the band have a new documentary coming out September 6th called Day Of The Gusano.

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭colmufc

https://www.nme.com/blogs/nme-blogs/slipknot-new-album-release-date-music-everything-we-know-2346405

Could they be added to slane to boost ticket sales or even would they dare try do there own show at say a 20,000 malahide

Corey's also said their aiming for Summer 2019 for the new album.

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭colmufc

European tour dates announced the nearest show is download with tool and def leppard also headlining , little chance of seeing them join the slane bill as there in Finland on either the 7th or 8th of June

• Advertisement

New Song dropped today.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭LoughNeagh2017

I don't think much of that song, I like Slipknot when there are a mixture of clean vocals and growls.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,683 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Think it's a welcome throwback to their Iowa days.
    Solid work, looking forward to the album

Well they did, or Corey to be more specific said the new album would be "Iowa levels of heavy."

https://www.loudersound.com/news/new-slipknot-material-is-iowa-levels-of-heavy

Little nod to The Blister Exists @ 3:06 with Jay and the militaristic drumming on the snare.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

I don't think much of that song, I like Slipknot when there are a mixture of clean vocals and growls.
    They definitely went too far in that direction for me over the last few albums.
    I much prefer the chaos of the first album, and the uncompromising assault of Iowa.

D.Q wrote: »
    They definitely went too far in that direction for me over the last few albums.
    I much prefer the chaos of the first album, and the uncompromising assault of Iowa.

I agree, Quite like that new track.

Plus Stone Sour about they can cover the hard rock stuff with Corey doing more of those vocals so no real necessity to do it with Slipknot.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭LoughNeagh2017

Stone Sour don't have that famous Slipknot sound though, Iowa is my least favourite Slipknot album and Subliminal Verses is my favourite, though Iowa has 3 or 4 great songs (with some clean vocals)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Stone Sour don't have that famous Slipknot sound though, Iowa is my least favourite Slipknot album and Subliminal Verses is my favourite, though Iowa has 3 or 4 great songs (with some clean vocals)
    Haha I guess that shows the beauty of music. Iowa is probably my favourite slipknot album, definitely defines them as a band for me. I was 14 when Subliminal verses came out and loved it then, but would very rarely listen to it now. Still give the first two albums regular listens though.

There is room for both in measures but it has gone too far in the other direction lately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,934 ✭✭✭✭rob316

They have sounded way too much like Stone Sour and radio friendly lately. I like the new song, I'm sure there will be plenty of different vocals across the album from metals best vocalist.

Advertisement