Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PSNI Recruitment 2015

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

Hey Folks!

Just joined this as I have submitted my application today and this seems to be the place in the know.

Good luck to you all and hopefully see you all at the IST.

Welcome to the mad house!!!! You'll be addicted to boards soon enough plus it's good to "know" others who are going through the same emotional roller coaster as you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Homer01

Hi Shield,

Any chance you can fix the title of this thread please? My OCD senses are tingling with the lack of capitalisation lol
    PSNI Recruitment 2015 looks much nicer :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,639 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Done!

Homer01 wrote: »
    Hi Shield,

Any chance you can fix the title of this thread please? My OCD senses are tingling with the lack of capitalisation lol
    PSNI Recruitment 2015 looks much nicer :D

Yeah!!!! So glad it wasn't just me that thought the same :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭HighburyLad

Hello to the new joinees :) good to see the boards hiving with activity once again, best wishes and best of luck everybody :)

• Advertisement

I'm officially nuts. I've just applied again, this should be fun fun FUN!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Swl90

All signed up! Has anyone heard anything back regarding an IST date?

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭KevBo2015

Don't expect to hear anything regarding an IST date until the application closes.

I would get stuck into the IST prep NOW if you have not already. God awful thing the IST.... so glad you don't have to do anything like it in hotel GV haha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Joe789

Probably the hardest part of selection the IST!

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Momc82

My stomach feels tight just thinking about this whole process.... Especially the IST. 😒

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Dekkers

Another security alert at a recruitment venue. Stay safe people but don't let them put you off.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Derob

Dekkers wrote: »
    Another security alert at a recruitment venue. Stay safe people but don't let them put you off.

Just makes me more determined ;)

Just seen on the news there on the phone, is there alerts at all the venues?

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭IvanT1984

Derob wrote: »
    Just makes me more determined ;)

the lives of the many disrupted by the actions of the few, While I hold my own beliefs on what Northern Ireland should be I will say If you can't achieve it peacefully its not worth achieving in what is supposed to be a modern democratic country, people still living in that war mindset need to either wise up or ship out

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭IvanT1984

Omagh definitely I've had family members evacuated from their work

Think there has been yeah HL. Omagh town centre evacuated and event in Derry cancelled all together due to imminent threat.

Dekkers wrote: »
    Think there has been yeah HL. Omagh town centre evacuated and event in Derry cancelled all together due to imminent threat.

Cheers for the reply bud, Christ the night! Muppets with total disregard to everybody and anybody, and all people want to do is go about their business and lives. Anybody reading this who isn't a member of boards and this has maybe thrown you, as said on here don't let this deter you at all, if we all said sod this! they win! As said before this makes me more determined more than ever, once in, the PSNI is one big family and everybody will have each other's backs and be there for one another, I know for sure when I'm in it will take an army to get through me to harm any of my colleagues, or those that are innocent, and I legit mean that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭ColourArcade

Hi folks,

Does anyone know if the Belfast recruitment fair is on tomorrow as usual?

Hi folks,

Does anyone know if the Belfast recruitment fair is on tomorrow as usual?

Seems unlikely http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-34487805

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Pmac773

Just joined the boards, recently applied for 1509! First application so here goes the start of the long wait, this seems like a great place for information. Good Luck to all who have applied :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Homer01

Pmac773 wrote: »
    Just joined the boards, recently applied for 1509! First application so here goes the start of the long wait, this seems like a great place for information. Good Luck to all who have applied :)

Welcome aboard :)

2,400 have applied already so will be fun times ahead!

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭swl33t

Got an email today saying progressed and there'd be an ist date in the coming weeks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭ColourArcade

I got the Same email. Will let me know around end of October! All aboard the emotional roller coaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Johannes_Cabal

Same as above, hopefully when we do get dates they aren't too far away.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Pmac773

Same as above, hopefully when we do get dates they aren't too far away.

When did you submit your application? Waiting patiently for the progression email! Congratulations to the three of you! :)

Pmac773 wrote: »
    When did you submit your application? Waiting patiently for the progression email! Congratulations to the three of you! :)

Thanks, first in a long line of hurdles.

I submitted mine they day they opened. I assume they process them in date order so if you applied the same day or not long after, you should hear back reasonably soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 ryanchan

Last year the qualification stage was clearer I don't have English or maths gcse but I have nvq level 2 and 3 in different subject from nwifhe . They are not in English or math. Last year I passed the mark or thought I did. It was a point system and my nvqs got me over the limit of gcse equivalent . this year not so sure as it just says 5 gcse or equivalent including math and English.and when you go to the equivalent page kits less informative. is there anyone here who would have any information that could help can you let me know

ryanchan wrote: »
    Last year the qualification stage was clearer I don't have English or maths gcse but I have nvq level 2 and 3 in different subject from nwifhe . They are not in English or math. Last year I passed the mark or thought I did. It was a point system and my nvqs got me over the limit of gcse equivalent . this year not so sure as it just says 5 gcse or equivalent including math and English.and when you go to the equivalent page kits less informative. is there anyone here who would have any information that could help can you let me know

What subject are your NVQ's?

Have you completed any literacy and numeracy Essential Skills level 2?

Call recruitment and ask :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 ryanchan

What subject are your NVQ's?

Have you completed any literacy and numeracy Essential Skills level 2?

The nvqs are a level 2 and a level 3 in wood work. It says you may meet the eligible criteria that the qualification must have a certain amount of credits to be equal to a gcse. This section doesn't discuss the nvqs needing to be English or math. It only mentions English when it gives example of how things can add up.
    Www.joinpsni.co.UK/applicant-process/faqs

Advertisement