Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Reasons To Be Cheerful

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Recent rain means don't have to water plants!!

I was only saying that earlier! Although I save the water that would otherwise be wasted while I'm waiting for it to heat up (I use it to water the plants) and I'm running out of bottles to keep it in!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

One of my colleagues is married to a primary teacher, so at the end of term all the kids give her boxes of chocolates etc (I'm in England, where the summer term finishes at the end of July... Which is crazy!)

He's been bringing them into work, and today we have Roses and Quality Street. I usually only eat them at Christmas so it's given me that Christmassy feeling :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

It's a bank holiday this weekend :D:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 430 ✭✭scream

...and I've got next week off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

It's the beginning of Autumn ! One season closer to christmas people !!!! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭mark26ireland

The realisation 20 weeks tomorrow its the big day

It's my birthday this weekend and I just got a lovely bunch of flowers, chocolates and a balloon delivered to my job from my best friend and my lovely little goddaughter.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

kitten_k wrote: »
    It's my birthday this weekend and I just got a lovely bunch of flowers, chocolates and a balloon delivered to my job from my best friend and my lovely little goddaughter.

Happy Birthday kitten_k :)

Happy birthday!

Woohoo just booked my tickets for the Amber Springs Santa Train!

http://santatrainexperience.ie/

• Advertisement

I have booked half of my Christmas flights! :) I'm flying back to London on the 3rd January, I haven't figured out yet which day I'm flying home for Christmas because it depends on whether I use any more holiday days before then.

(This is much earlier than usual for me... Generally I try to have it sorted by the end of October as that's when the flight prices start to go crazy, but I suddenly realised that New Year's Day is a Friday which means I can fly back on the 3rd without using any of my 2016 annual leave. Then I realised that everyone else would have the same idea and decided I should book the flight asap!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

16 weeks until Christmas. Such a fast year.

I got absolutely soaked bringing the washing in from the line but it was a great excuse to change into my jammies. Obviously I went for Christmas jammies!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

I got absolutely soaked bringing the washing in from the line but it was a great excuse to change into my jammies. Obviously I went for Christmas jammies!

Brilliant, no Christmas Jammies yet for me, I got a pleasant surprise the other day I was rooting out winter woo lies came across my Christmas Eve jammies plus a brand new pair I put aside that were a gift I'm sorted for the toyshow so:D

I've booked my flight from London to Dublin in December, so that's both Christmas flights sorted! And my new boyfriend is going to come over to Ireland for a few days as well to meet the family - he's never been to Ireland before!

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭XplaygirlX

It's getting colder and darker :) fair citys recorded, have some food, gonna ring for an Indian later, pjs on. Now just relaxing :):) #bliss

Today I won my 3rd competition in less than 2 weeks! It's like Christmas. :D

Last night I put on some new pyjamas and snuggled up on the couch to watch Elf. I lit a Christmas candle and my husband made me the most delicious hot chocolate in my Santa mug. It was lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Last night I put on some new pyjamas and snuggled up on the couch to watch Elf. I lit a Christmas candle and my husband made me the most delicious hot chocolate in my Santa mug. It was lovely.

Your hubbie sounds like a gem, need to find me a man like that:D:pac:

leahyl wrote: »
    Your hubbie sounds like a gem, need to find me a man like that:D:pac:

The man is a total legend. I met him on Boards so there's probably another one around here somewhere! :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

The man is a total legend. I met him on Boards so there's probably another one around here somewhere! :D

Ah that's funny I met my wife to be on boards! This place just yield a higher return rate than Tinder! :P

Loughc wrote: »
    Ah that's funny I met my wife to be on boards! This place just yield a higher return rate than Tinder! :P

It definitely seems to be the place to meet people!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

It's the day of my son's 3rd birthday party!!! Only 3 and a half more hours of prep and tidying and it's party time! Fingerscrossed the spiderweb that I still have to ice onto his cake comes out ok.

iguana wrote: »
    It's the day of my son's 3rd birthday party!!! Only 3 and a half more hours of prep and tidying and it's party time! Fingerscrossed the spiderweb that I still have to ice onto his cake comes out ok.

Hope cake turned out ok and all had a great day !

My 2.5 yr old god-daughter keeps saying "Ho Ho Ho, it's Christmas"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

I just got the chimney swept, nothing like an open fire on a day like this!

Dolbert wrote: »
    I just got the chimney swept, nothing like an open fire on a day like this!

Right Monday is cancelled, everyone round to Dolbert's for the afternoon by the fire.

Loughc wrote: »
    Right Monday is cancelled, everyone round to Dolbert's for the afternoon by the fire.

In christmas pjs :D

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Glitzgirl wrote: »
    Hope cake turned out ok and all had a great day !

Thanks. Luckily my baking expert aunt turned up just as I was about to do it, and did a great web pattern.:) Today was his actual birthday so last night once he'd gone to sleep I set up his presents in the livingroom mini-Christmas style and let him come into the room and find them this morning. He was soooo delighted. I took him out to an arts and crafts toddler group (something he can do with his broken leg) and after that we went to town and I bought him a Christmas duvet cover. Then on to my parents' house where he baked another birthday cake and got more presents. And he's having a 3rd round of celebrations at the weekend with my in laws when we go see Disney on Ice.:D

Picture_26.png
    image hosting over 10mb
    A few minutes after finding his presents this morning. (Just the toys on the floor were what he got this morning.)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

It's miserable outside and I'm snuggled up on the couch with my two ladies watching frozen. Yes, it's been watched ad nauseum here but not in the last few months, so now the 21 month old is singing along too :)

Advertisement