Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Witcher 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,480 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Official trailer for Hearts of Stone

• Registered Users Posts: 8,891 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 13,001 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

October 13th? Didn't realise it was so soon, must buy that season pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

The figure at the end of the trailer looks very familiar :O

• Registered Users Posts: 17,865 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

What a brutal name for a game though, like the bargain basement games you used to get on a spinning rack in the newsagents for a fiver.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Thargor wrote: »
    What a brutal name for a game though, like the bargain basement games you used to get on a spinning rack in the newsagents for a fiver.

They might end up making it a cool name.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,303 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

ah sure Poland is only up to the 90's now ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Started back into this last night having got distracted by MGS. I forgot how beautiful and immersive it is. Having a pretty ****ty time at work at the moment so being able to throw this on for an hour or two and forget all the real life bull**** is amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Skerries wrote: »
    ah sure Poland is only up to the 90's now ;)

Well they are making better games than anyone, can't wait to see what they do in the 2000s. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Glebee

Whats really epic is when you wander of the beaten track into the forests, pure class

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    Well they are making better games than anyone, can't wait to see what they do in the 2000s. :pac:

Probably move on to yearly instalments of CyberPunk 207X with DLC cash-grabs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Finished this the other day. Great game, seriously loved it & look forward to playing it again sometime in the future. Going to buy the two expansions also but there's a lot I want to play this side of Christmas so putting this aside completely until I'm ready to do a full play-through again. Also I bought Witcher 2 on the laptop cheap off gog a few weeks ago, is it worth my while buying the first one at some point & playing them in chronological order?

Even though its probably my favourite game of all time I just cant be bothered playing the DLC, Ill probably just read about them on The Witcher wiki. I thought I ended it in a good place:
    Geralt standing on the battlements of Kaer Mhoran in the sunshine with a nice view of the mountains, on his own the way a witcher is supposed to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭DeclanRe

Even though its probably my favourite game of all time I just cant be bothered playing the DLC, Ill probably just read about them on The Witcher wiki. I thought I ended it in a good place:
    Geralt standing on the battlements of Kaer Mhoran in the sunshine with a nice view of the mountains, on his own the way a witcher is supposed to be.

Haha not sure if everyone will agree with you there,
    You couldn't choose between the two ladies no?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭lertsnim

I finished the game yesterday and while it was a tremendous game a few things about it annoyed me.

It was quite buggy in parts, especially the sound in some cut scenes was all over the place. The map was quite useless at times especially if you are going full speed on the horse as it took a while to update the route. And as I have mentioned the horse, Roach was annoying too. Calling him might bring him to within 30 meters of you and that's if he bothers to find his way around a wall or building. Controlling him was also a chore at times. I fell to my death a few times as he decided to go off a cliff.

I do look forward to my second play through on the hardest level though.

DeclanRe wrote: »
    Haha not sure if everyone will agree with you there,
    You couldn't choose between the two ladies no?
    Was there a way to do both of them without pissing them off?
    I regret nothing :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Fakman87

This game is so good!

You really have to put effort into your opponents and even basic ones will kill you if you're not adequately prepared.

Was there a way to do both of them without pissing them off?
    I regret nothing :D

no unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭Corvo

Skerries wrote: »
    no unfortunately

You slut...

hey I got the good ending, Thargors the slut :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Does the DLC take place during the main game, or after it? Definitely going to get it, just not sure if i want to wait till i replay the whole game or just jump into my cleared save.

Kiith wrote: »
    Does the DLC take place during the main game, or after it? Definitely going to get it, just not sure if i want to wait till i replay the whole game or just jump into my cleared save.

It seems that HoS is recommended for level 30+ players (or 60+ on NG+) but can be played at any point during the main story
    Both expansions will be integrated with the vanilla game. You may stop doing quests in HoS, go to find Ciri and then come back to HoS. In fact we wrote some additional dialogues to handle various orders of doing quests. Fast travel will work for all new places and old places. Also, all items obtained in the expansions may be used in main game.
    Hearts of Stone is a standalone story, you have to be at least lvl 30+ or 60+ in New Game+ to play. Like @Fallout_Wanderer mentioned you can run Hearts of Stone from the main menu even if you haven't finished the main quest, but you won't be able to play with your build on Geralt.

After installing the expansion Hearts of Stone will show in your quests and the indicator on the map will tell you where to

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Shougeki

Glebee wrote: »
    Whats really epic is when you wander of the beaten track into the forests, pure class

This is currently my problem. Im lvl 13 or something and have done SFA of the main storyline. I end up telling myself "Ill just go to this side area and clear it/get the quick travel point" and next thing I know its two hours later, I'm on the other side of the god damn world, and I'm half way down a secondary quest chain, and have completely forgotten the story line....

Not that it is *really* a problem. Looking forward to this weekend when I can spend a good few hours on it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Flatzie_poo

Fakman87 wrote: »
    This game is so good!

You really have to put effort into your opponents and even basic ones will kill you if you're not adequately prepared.

Agreed, and it's made to the point that fighting shouldn;t be tedious.

Great balance!

Playing on the difficulty level where meditation doesn't heal you is a must for me! Enhances the game!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I'm hoping this new patch will sort out the issue that has prevented me from continuing in the game. I was quite enjoying it until that point too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

The patch 1.10 is going to be around 15gb on consoles (depending on SKU) and between 6-15gb on PC (depending on platform). Holy fúck! :eek:

Will surely consist of the expansion file as well? Mental if it's just the update.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Fakman87

Any idea when this patch is out?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Fakman87 wrote: »
    Any idea when this patch is out?

Probably the 13th, to coincide with the release of Heart of Stone.

Advertisement