Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Playstation 4 Communities

Options
  • 01-10-2015 11:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭

The new PS4 3.0 firmware Launched Yesterday, and along with the ability to send Nathan Drake stickers for some reason, they have also added a new community Feature.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/09/29/ps4-system-software-update-3-00-out-930-take-a-visual-tour/

Communities can be on seemingly any topic, and be game specific or non game specific.

21762513486_deced49020.jpg

I've set up Irish Fighting Game Community.

Sony in their infinite wisdom did not think to include a search feature, so despite the fact it is an open community to join, you will only see it if,
    • you're invited
    • a friend is a member,
    • Or the algorithms determine you might be interested.

I've invited the people from here I have on my account (Spaced_Harrier) but there's far more out there, so please send on invites.

The main use so far of the Community wall I have found, is for calling out Nutrient.

I believe this alone justifies membership.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

The new PS4 3.0 firmware Launched Yesterday, and along with the ability to send Nathan Drake stickers for some reason, they have also added a new community Feature.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/09/29/ps4-system-software-update-3-00-out-930-take-a-visual-tour/

Communities can be on seemingly any topic, and be game specific or non game specific.

21762513486_deced49020.jpg

I've set up Irish Fighting Game Community.

Sony in their infinite wisdom did not think to include a search feature, so despite the fact it is an open community to join, you will only see it if,
    • you're invited
    • a friend is a member,
    • Or the algorithms determine you might be interested.

I've invited the people from here I have on my account (Spaced_Harrier) but there's far more out there, so please send on invites.

The main use so far of the Community wall I have found, is for calling out Nutrient.

I believe this alone justifies membership.

Lol, I'll join tonight and call out Nutrient.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

I go by Fergus2k8 on PSN

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭The Hound

I play on ps4 under the username HoundOfChulainn and often stream here http://www.twitch.tv/h0und

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

The Hound wrote: »
    I play on ps4 under the username HoundOfChulainn and often stream here http://www.twitch.tv/h0und

That plug

Nutrient16 should be

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

I go under the username The_Misty_Chaos on PSN.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭ladnopoka

I'm ladnopokaa on PSN

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

Wonder how the PC players will be able to communicate with PS4 players.
    Could probably set up a similar group on Steam.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

I set one up.

Can use it from our phones too if there's any cross-platform events. Never set up a group before so if anyone wants to take over admin type duities let me know I think there's probably a way I can make 'mods' for the group.

edit:

I added a few games to the 'curation' but will need some more frequent players to add things like SF.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Simon_K

Pretty sure there's an IFGC steam group already :o

Ah really? Doh.

Link pls. Can't find it in search.

• Advertisement

Ok I disbanded my one. I hope that one can be used to hook up with PS players since that was the focus a steam group. PS players should enter the group and when any cross-play evens are happening someone in mod position can post events and announcements that everyone can check on with their phones n' such. I don't think the PS4 Communities thing works outside of SONY consoles. Hell it doesn't even work with PS3-PS4 which is a shame because some games have crossplay like that.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

Would someone send an invite to Rob2D if they get a chance, sound.

Sony PS4 500GB Console and Destiny The Taken King Bundle. 448/5016

€299.99

Buy this immediately if you're interested

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/4485016.htm

Also

Xbox One 500GB Console and FIFA 16 Bundle. 445/7910

€319.99

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

That's a good deal.

And yeah those Argos bundles go quick, so I wouldn't wait around.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

Think I'll use the retailer who consistently supports the FGC - www.player1.ie

I'd see the difference if any as an investment in our scene

Advertisement