Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Masterpiece / Masterpiece compatible Discussion.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Just ordered MP18B off kapowtoys, have Bluestreak, Tracks and Titan Devastator ordered there now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,475 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Started an mp collection myself have gotten prowl and have wheeljack, grimlock and mp10 optimus prime all ordered too and been eyeing up those fans toys dinobots has anyone here gotten them

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭AxlF

To quote the White Girl meme - I can't even....

2015_06_19_14_36_12.jpg

2015_06_19_14_33_55.jpg

2015_06_19_14_35_37.jpg

X-Transbots Apollyon and MMC Cynicus as Masterpiece Megatron and Vos from the More Than Meets The Eyes comic.
    These are just out of the box so I haven't played around with them much. Transfomed Vos easily but after watching the youtube videos - I might never transform Apollyon :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭MarkHall

That is a nice Megatron.

News of MP Beast wars Optimus Primal. Who's monkey mode is very show accurate. Which is not a good thing at all.

But MP Ironhide appears to come with a whole lot of extras.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 1,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭ChopShop

IIRC that Optimus Primal is a static model based on the cartoon alt mode, not a transforming toy.

Never thought i'd complain a Masterpiece comes with too many accessories.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

So after regular Bumblebee and Gold Bumblebee we're finally getting.... Red Bumblebee.

http://tformers.com/i-cant-believe-its-not-cliffjumper-next-masterpiece-to-be-mp-21r-bumblebee-red-body-coming-in-december/27420/news.html

He's still being referred to as Bumble so this is not a lazy repaint and slapping Cliffjumper on the title. Probably a homage to the mixup of when Bumblee was released in Red and CJ in Yellow during the early days of G-1.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,316 ✭✭✭VanZan

I see there's a re-issue of Quakewave due in the next two months. I've shelled out €124 at Masterforce and can't wait.

VanZan wrote: »
    I see there's a re-issue of Quakewave due in the next two months. I've shelled out €124 at Masterforce and can't wait.

Willis (Hound) Spotter (Reflector) Grenadier (Bombshell) and maybe a couple of others, all supposedly due this side of Xmas.

Could be a bit longer unfortunately....Partially cause FT are slow in themselves, partially because 3P has turned into a game of oneupmanship

Edit: I believe Masterforce get their stock from Kapow... and Kapow had a pretty public falling out with FT recently over spotty QC
    and very thin profit margins. IIRC, they (Kapow) said QW is the last FT item they'll be offering. They might get pushed to the back
    of the queue on delivery.

I hate to be a downer... but the odds are pretty good i'm afraid.

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    So after regular Bumblebee and Gold Bumblebee we're finally getting.... Red Bumblebee.

http://tformers.com/i-cant-believe-its-not-cliffjumper-next-masterpiece-to-be-mp-21r-bumblebee-red-body-coming-in-december/27420/news.html

He's still being referred to as Bumble so this is not a lazy repaint and slapping Cliffjumper on the title. Probably a homage to the mixup of when Bumblee was released in Red and CJ in Yellow during the early days of G-1.

MP21R is supposedly going to be semi-limited.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Whammy!

Saw this. Wonder how long until Deep Cover is announced?

• Advertisement

Whammy! wrote: »
    Saw this. Wonder how long until Deep Cover is announced?

I imagine it won't be too long. Clampdown is coming in Dec so I won't be surprised if Deepcover is announced in the next few weeks for Jan.

I finally got a BLUE Bluestreak. It only took 31 years.

Maybe i'll get off my ass and put the gold parts from cartoon deco Soar on the toy deco one.

I imagine it won't be too long. Clampdown is coming in Dec so I won't be surprised if Deepcover is announced in the next few weeks for Jan.

I don't think there'll be a limited release repaint released the same month as a new mold (Ironhide) (?)

Red Alert will be 3 years old by the time Clampdown is released.

It won't necessarily be that long, but MP12G was some 18 months ago, and there's about a year between MP18S and MP18B.

So maybe later half of next year?

I dunno, Takara could do an about turn and release one late winter/spring anyway.

At least it puts paid to the constant rumours that Lamborghini and Takara have fallen out. For a while anyway.

ChopShop wrote: »
    I don't think there'll be a limited release repaint released the same month as a new mold (Ironhide) (?)

Red Alert will be 3 years old by the time Clampdown is released.

It won't necessarily be that long, but MP12G was some 18 months ago, and there's about a year between MP18S and MP18B.

So maybe later half of next year?

I dunno, Takara could do an about turn and release one late winter/spring anyway.

At least it puts paid to the constant rumours that Lamborghini and Takara have fallen out. For a while anyway.

I forgot about Ironhide being in Jan [assuming he doesn't get delayed like Tracks and RoadRage have] So depending what the release schedule for new MPs in 2016 is I expect to hear a DeepCover release for Feb or after.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Anyone after MP Sunstorm, he is 34.99 Sterling below at the minute, delivery to parcel motel and you will get him for cheap.

http://www.toysrus.co.uk/toys/transformers-masterpiece-sunstorm/0129428

Ive bought from here to parcel motel before.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭PaulPriest

Anyone after MP Sunstorm, he is 34.99 Sterling below at the minute, delivery to parcel motel and you will get him for cheap.

http://www.toysrus.co.uk/toys/transformers-masterpiece-sunstorm/0129428

Ive bought from here to parcel motel before.

Thanks. You can get delivered direct too with free delivery for >£30. See http://www.toysrus.co.uk/toys/content/help/southern_ireland .
    If you pay with Paypal, they'll tack the bogus postcode on.

I've been eyeing it up for a while since it's a cheap way to get an MP-11. I love my MP-03 moulds dearly (MP-06 Skywarp, and the original Hasbro Starscream, minus the weathering).

So do I cancel my Quakewave pre-order?

Keep it if you're a big enough Shockwave fan. The MP version is rumoured to have LED functions as well.

I'm not that big a Shockwave fan. But I made the pre-order on Masterforce however their site says pre-orders are non-refundable. Thought that was illegal.

Unless TT put out a new mold every month next year, i doubt it will be out before the summer.

Quakewave demand is bound to take a hit.
    Odds are FT knew it was coming, they just hoped for a final
    Cashin before the reveal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭MarkHall

No

So do any of the southern Toys R us stores that are opening stock the MP's like Sunstorm etc ??

So do any of the southern Toys R us stores that are opening stock the MP's like Sunstorm etc ??

Isn't Sunstorm on TRU UKs website at a knock down price (?)

35GBP shipped to a Parcel Motel address in the North IIRC.

I think Blanchardstown is the only southern branch at the moment (?) and if they have any Masterpieces, i missed them when i was there a few weeks ago

TRU Europe didn't get any new Masterpieces this year anyway. Far as i recall.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭PaulPriest

ChopShop wrote: »
    Isn't Sunstorm on TRU UKs website at a knock down price (?)

35GBP shipped to a Parcel Motel address in the North IIRC.

I think Blanchardstown is the only southern branch at the moment (?) and if they have any Masterpieces, i missed them when i was there a few weeks ago

TRU Europe didn't get any new Masterpieces this year anyway. Far as i recall.

It's been back to the usual 50GBP for the past week. Plus, as noted like 4 posts before (:) ), TRU will still ship free to ROI for >30GBP.

TRU Grimlock is still available from Masterforce for 70GBP and idtoys has TRU Soundwave for like 150GBP. Haven't seen Acid Storm, Prowl for ages. I'd pick up a Bluestreak if I could find one, and I imagine we might see Starscream in Europe.

Lovely boxes, I perhaps even prefer them to TT (if you ignore the arbitrary kanji). They seem to have got over the shelfwarming weird repaints (Acid Storm, Sunstorm) now too and focusing on the core characters again.

On one of the facebook groups that starscream and bluestreak won't be sold in UK trus

On one of the facebook groups that starscream and bluestreak won't be sold in UK trus

Anyone want to feign surprise?

No? Okay then.

TRU pad the price on Masterpiece cars anyway.

As for Starscream...it's not going to be 'easy' to get, but at least it appears to be easyish to find in the US.

I'm getting the Tfc toys 3rd party version of ironhide and ratchet much better figures in my opinion

iGear, Voodoo Robots, TFC, Takara. I don't think any of them have Ironhide/Ratchet right.

My bias against TFC however means i'm going to suggest you wait until you've seen a few reviews.

• Advertisement

Waited and bought both of them and they arrived today two great figures Iron Hide especially he oozes toughness the only drawback is the hands are abit **** but I wouldn't hold that against them , two good interpretations of two great characters

Have got Fans Toys Perceptor and DX 9 Mirage on the way too along with Hasbro Soundwave collection is getting bigger and bigger :D

Advertisement