Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PSNI Recruitment 2015

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭IvanT1984

dunner515 wrote: »
    Is there a number I could ring from the south to query about the recruitment, just a few questions I have and would like to get a formal answer

don't personally know of a number but why not ask your questions here chances are somebody may know the answer or where to find it

• Registered Users Posts: 2 E16

Hi Dunner515.. As Ivan suggested i'm sure someone might be able to help with info from the boards or you could always attend one of the information days and maybe get speaking to someone after if they didnt cover your question, just an idea!

Information sessions will be held on Saturday 10th October 2015.

Sessions will commence at 10am and will take place every hour, with the last session at 3pm, at the following venues:-

Strule Arts Centre, Townhall Square, Omagh, BT78 1BL
    Waterfoot Hotel, Caw Roundabout, Waterside, Derry / Londonderry, BT47 6TB
    Belfast Metropolitan College, Millfield Campus, 125-153 Millfield, Belfast, BT1 1HS

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭MrBlack93

1st time applying, have a quick question. It's my understanding that on the application form you'll have to write 2 short personal statements (motivation, suitability), my question is what is the max length of these statements with regards to word count? I just wish to prepare them in advance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

MrBlack93 wrote: »
    1st time applying, have a quick question. It's my understanding that on the application form you'll have to write 2 short personal statements (motivation, suitability), my question is what is the max length of these statements with regards to word count? I just wish to prepare them in advance

Lol I can't remember if it was 150 or 250 words, probably the latter

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Homer01

They may be worded differently from last time but this will give you an idea.

Why are you interested in becoming a police constable? (150 words max)

Outline the skills you have and how they meet the requirements of the role of a police constable (150 words max)

• Advertisement

That's them!!! Did you remember that it did you have that saved somewhere? I remember cursing the computer cos I had 150 exactly and it wouldn't let me submit the page. I had to figure out which word to delete without effecting the grammar. Bloody thing. Aim for 149 Mr Black

Mop a top wrote: »
    That's them!!! Did you remember that it did you have that saved somewhere? I remember cursing the computer cos I had 150 exactly and it wouldn't let me submit the page. I had to figure out which word to delete without effecting the grammar. Bloody thing. Aim for 149 Mr Black

lol, yep. Saved on my phone :)

Need to find mine :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭RedmondHR

How'd most of yous find the application process the last time round?

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭panini

Prepare yourself for a long wait...

The individual sections of the process were alright, it was the uncertainty, confusion and length of time in between that were the most difficult thing to deal with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 Dani85

Does anyone know if you can still apply when the applications start again on 30 September, if you're already going through the process for a previous campaign?

I just don't want to put everything on me definitely getting through this time....

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭Catdog33

Dani85 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if you can still apply when the applications start again on 30 September, if you're already going through the process for a previous campaign?

I just don't want to put everything on me definitely getting through this time....

You sure can! I was in last years campaign and applied for this one when it opened :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Dani85

Thanks Catdog! I shall do that then :)

I'd say you're not wise in the head if you didn't apply for C3 as well as continuing with C2. Also if in some strange universe they open a 4th campaign and you haven't got a call for C2, apply for that too.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Momc82

Two days to go before this l process starts again. Ye-ha ;-)

Has anyone any idea on intake numbers?

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Momc82

Left out the word laborious!!!!

😒

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭HighburyLad

http://www.u.tv/News/2015/09/30/PSNI-launch-major-recruitment-drive-45963

There you go folks, there's the new ad they've done too on this link. Asks if you want to make a difference, and a career that changes and challenges, yeah we do, but what it doesn't say is there is still 500 people waiting on hearing something from campaign 2 and that the process to become a student PSNI officer is the longest in the world lol. Also the new pca video is up on the psni YouTube channel, it's just the old video edited.

Also the new pca video is up on the psni YouTube channel, it's just the old video edited.

They might have made a new one. Still got the old push/pull machine in the background lol.

I suppose that'll be up on ebay soon enough!

Homer01 wrote: »
    They might have made a new one. Still got the old push/pull machine in the background lol.

I suppose that'll be up on ebay soon enough!

That's it dude #savingmoneyformoreofficers lol

just seen the chief con's video for recruitment, nice touch, and a good idea

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJS7hn_OpWQ

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Typhoonf2

Been lurking on this page for a while guys but haven't posted before.... For anyone interested in apply this year the whole Join PSNI website has been updated so you should take a look

• Advertisement

Well that's me back in the slog for campaign 3, so this will be I suppose technically "1509" ? Anyway, as always folks, best of luck.

Just heard on radio they are looking for 250 new officers in this campaign.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Goonerdee

Listening now. Taking on 51 officers every 5 weeks.

Is this on bbc radio ulster?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 aloha2711

Here we go, again!
    Still hoping to get some good news this time round, but put a new application in again just incase!
    Good luck everyone!

Goonerdee wrote: »
    Listening now. Taking on 51 officers every 5 weeks.

Taking on 51 officers every 5 weeks, is that for the new campaign Dee? or in general? unfortunately I tried to listen through the internet but their server is down :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭badi15

I should probably already know this but it says 22 weeks in GV on the UTV website. Is that right? I thought it was less because we done the online learning at home now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭badi15

Well that's me back in the slog for campaign 3, so this will be I suppose technically "1509" ? Anyway, as always folks, best of luck.

Gonna fire off an application again today too just in case. Though I'd be hoping for a call in the next few weeks. (Crosses fingers and toes)

• Registered Users Posts: 11 meeky

Well it's been a long time since i got myself caught up in this but have decided to give it another go.

It seems some things have changed in the process since my last attempt and a requirement for 5 GCSE's has been added. I have read a bit of the FAQ's but I'm still not sure so thought I'd ask here in the hope some kind soul could answer for me.

I have 4 GCSE's (including a B in maths and english) as well as a BTEC national diploma (supposedly equivalent of A-levels). Does anyone know if this would be considered enough to qualify?

Please try not to laugh at my measly qualifications, i was a willful teenager who thought they knew better than those who knew better.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31 cuckoo123

Newbie here - putting in my application for the first time now that they have scrapped push/ pull.

Does anyone know for sure if they definitely won't be testing it in GV? Or is it just during the recruitment process itself?

Thanks!

Advertisement