Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

A random visitor...

• 19-09-2015 10:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hello from a random visitor.

My name is Jeremy and I will be visiting Dublin (for one night only!) on Thursday 9/24, and I was interested in meeting some of the Irish FGC.

Dark Onion in particular, if you are available I'd like to shake your hand and buy you a drink. I tweeted you back in May, pointing out how there are solid people all around the world supporting the scene. Since it just so happens that I will be in Dublin and have the opportunity, I figured I should back up my words of thanks with a Pint.

Little back story, I am an American who played and TO'd tournaments in the US. At the end of last year, work transferred me to France to have me provide support to English speaking customers in the European region. So when I go on location, I want take the opportunity to get out and meet people of my favorite hobby, which is Fighting Games. Outside of the French community, this is the first community in Europe I am reaching out to in this fashion, so I don't know many people.

If any one is available, let me know. If you aren't that interested in playing, and just want to share a drink with a Yankee, that is cool too. I am just out to meet good people (which can typically be found in the FGC all over the world, I have found). Can't go too crazy with the drinking though, because I have to work the next day.

Games I play: Garou: Mark of the Wolves, USF4. I have a soft spot for KoF13, but I am the worst in it, no practice, nothing...but I was responsible for running KoF at a couple tournaments on the East Coast for many years. I have played other games in the past in the past...but these are the only ones where I have some kind of knowledge.

Let me know if you are interested. You can find me on twitter @DESMono, since I
    will more then likely be more active there then here. I will in no doubt check back here a few times before coming to Dublin.

Best Regards and thanks for looking!
    -Jeremy

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Hey man!

I might be passing through the city for a bit. We usually meet up in the XGC for a few games, perhaps a few people would be interested.

PS, don't be complementing Onion, has a big enough head as it is :P

• Registered Users Posts: 25 droy900

I would really like to come but I can't , sorry .
    Yet it's the thought that counts right ?
    (Just a random guy trying to be nice) .

• Registered Users Posts: 10 DESMono

Doctor Doom: Alright great, thanks for the response. I have figured out that I can use the Red Line to get to XGC from where I am. I figure I could be there around 19h-19h30. It might be possible to be there earlier, but it all depends on work.

Let me know if that time works out with the traditional schedule of people.

Droy: No problem man, I appreciate the interest.

Thanks for the interested and help you two. I'll check back here tomorrow.
    -Jeremy

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I'll be posting up for sure or not in the next day or two- schedules a bit hectic but hopefully :)

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Hey dude, thanks for the kind words and sorry for the late reply, was out of the country over the weekend. Hopefully you'll be at Wednesday casuals at the XGC, would love to get a few games in with you :)

EDIT: derp, you're only here Thursday, I'll make a thread for that day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

https://twitter.com/DES_Mono - Twitter. @DESMono is some young one called Deirdre.

Welcome to Ireland Jeremy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭2gen

I can show for like 2 hours after work (7-9pm)

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭spriral

I'll show up if people will be there on Thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Rock_

Are you planning to go on XGC to play on thursday too?
    If there's some SF, I could try to be there in the evening.

Hey All,

I will be at the center on thursday around 6:30 - 7.

For some reason my other posts weren't being posted due to images when I auoted people.

Looking forward to meeting all who come out.

-Jeremy

• Advertisement

DESMono wrote: »
    Hey All,

I will be at the center on thursday around 6:30 - 7.

For some reason my other posts weren't being posted due to images when I auoted people.

Looking forward to meeting all who come out.

-Jeremy

Quick update all. Missed my flight due to train technicalities. My new flight will arrive in the Dulin airport at 6:30 now.

So now I will take the train from the airport to the gaming center. So how ever long the train takes to travel that distance is when I will be there. Glad I can still make it though!

So now I will take the train from the airport to the gaming center.

Our third world country doesn't have a train station at the airport. ****ty, I know. Get the bus - 747 afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭The Hound

Change the date to Friday? This looks tight

I'd imagine he is in flight and unable to make changes at this point. He should be here for a bit so probably be another chance.

I'll still head in, should be there from about 5

Boarding now infact.

Unfortunately, I am one of those one night only deals. I fly out Friday at 4 PM -.-!

See you all soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭spriral

I'm heading in now should be there soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭2gen

On my way.

Amazing aul session, pleasure to meet you Jeffrey, you're a gent.

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Amazing aul session, pleasure to meet you Jeffrey, you're a gent.

It was a great session. Thank you very much. So great that you all drove me to start a small blog about it. :P

My writing is pretty much finished, but I would like to include everyone who came in it...I have a mix a names, if some one could get me a list of first names and handles to write, that would be awesome.

I will post a link when I am finished. Thanls again. Looking forward to the next time we meet! If you come to France, hit me up.

Best Regards,
    -Jeremy

• Advertisement

Here is my blog post, started the blog and everything today.

Let me know what you think: traversingthefgc.tumblr.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Here is my blog post, started the blog and everything today.

Let me know what you think: traversingthefgc.tumblr.com/

Nice blog. Burritos and custard creams are the two official foods of the IFGC.

Did anyone explain the famed sandwich match?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

Nice blog. Burritos and custard creams are the two official foods of the IFGC.

Did anyone explain the famed sandwich match?

Afraid not

What an absolutely well written piece!

We await your return, warrior.

Advertisement