Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doug Stanhope - Vicar St - Oct 29th

• 27-09-2015 11:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭

Doug Stanhope, widely considered one of the greatest living comedians (although he'll take whatever odds you've got on how long more he might live for) is finishing his current tour in Dublin's Vicar St on the 29th.

Tickets here.

I've been a fan of Stanhope's for a few years now, particularly after his bit about the death of his mother in "Beer Hall Putsch" but I've never seen him live.

Anyone else going? Have you seen him live before?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

FouxDaFaFa wrote: »
    Anyone else going? Have you seen him live before?

Saw him about 6 years ago in the Button Factory. He's every bit as good as you'd expect. Really great performer.

Find someone you love seeing get offended and bring them along for extra laughs!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

Yep, I'm heading along with 2 friends. Been a fan for years but this is my first time seeing him live.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Stanhope is having an interesting tour.
    Twitter
    He stopped a very drunk man jumping off the North Bridge in Edinburgh after his show there, claiming it was "like trying to stop a toddler running up an escalator".

And during his show in Glasgow, several fights broke out and a member of the audience tried to throw another audience member over the balcony.

Looking forward to seeing what Dublin will bring to the table.

And during his show in Glasgow, several fights broke out and a member of the audience tried to throw another audience member over the balcony.

That would happen during a Michael McIntyre or a Barry Manilow gig in Glasgow too though!

That would happen during a Michael McIntyre or a Barry Manilow gig in Glasgow too though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭JoeyJoe93

I have 2 second row tickets to this gig for sale.
    Disgusted to the pit of my stomach I can't go but if you're interested you can PM me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Ronan G17

JoeyJoe93 wrote: »
    Disgusted to the pit of my stomach I can't go but if you're interested you can PM me.

Hi I'm desperately searching for 2 tickets for the doug stanhope show in vicar street. If you still have them I would love to buy them. Please get in touch! Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Morninglory

Also looking for tickets here, if anyone's selling. Only heard about this today, he could have done two nights easy.

JoeyJoe93 wrote: »

Don't have those tickets for sale anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Zarkandar

Anyone know who's supporting Doug on Thursday?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

So what did everyone think of that? I enjoyed it, wasn't as good as any of the specials I'd seen but I'm still glad I went.

The last third was a complete car crash though with everyone shouting up **** trying to be funny :rolleyes:

I had a great time. First time seeing Doug. Was expecting the crowd to be a bit rowdy, which it was.

I was sitting very close to the guy who kept yelling "Fcuk the jews" over and over again.

Loved his CIA bit. Transgender bit was good. Would go see him again in a heartbeat. He's very masterful at what he does, including wrangling drunks.

I was sitting very close to the guy who kept yelling "Fcuk the jews" over and over again.

Stanhope seems to attract more of these types per head than any other stand-up I've seen live.

He's brilliant though. Wish I could have seen him again.

That "**** the Jews" guy shouldve been kicked out for being a tool.
    Doug destroyed everyone who was dumb enough to say anything. Especially that guy with dispraxia. Class 1s. Haha
    From show recordings I've seen he's had way way worse crowds and never broke a sweat dealing with them.

Would've been great if he stuck around at the end, I would've bought a tshirt n all for the sake of it.
    Well worth it though still. Class show.

Advertisement