Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

October 2015 Intake

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭The keyboard warrior

What are the ladies wearing under their suit in terms of shirt/blouse?

I wanted to wear a light neutral blouse, but now I'm considering a more formal long sleeve shirt.

Anybody any thoughts???

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭Catdog33

I'm wearing a long sleeved white shirt. Keeping myself as plain jane as possible lol!

Also I was thinking hair up but I have to admit I don't think I know how to do a bun lol!!

I guess you can't go wrong with white! Good thinking.

I'm wearing my hair up in a bun too. A thousand hair clips at the ready :cool:

*youtubes how to do a bun*

I must go out and hunt for one of those donut things on my lunch break tomorrow. Clearly I fail at being a female lol!!!

• Advertisement

Catdog33 wrote: »
    *youtubes how to do a bun*

I must go out and hunt for one of those donut things on my lunch break tomorrow. Clearly I fail at being a female lol!!!

We may get used to having our hair up everyday!

Are we allowed a low bun when on parade, I had the notion that it all had to be tucked under the cap? If that's the case I may go and get it cut at some stage...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

Also I was thinking hair up but I have to admit I don't think I know how to do a bun lol!!

I have to do my daughters for gymnastics competitions. Tie a pony tail and spray your head with gel spray and smooth. Get one of the donuts, supermarkets have them cheap. Pop it over the pony tail, spread the hair over it evenly, wrap a bobble around it a couple of times. Gather the rest of the loose ends and wrap around the base of the donut and tie a couple more bobbles. Spray all over with get spray and finish with a scrunchie to hide bobbles and the ends. It's actually quite simple and takes a couple of minutes. Hope that all made sense lol

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Ruffle

I think I'm just going to wear trousers and a blouse......I don't think they will be overly particular about what we are wearing having spoken to someone who has recently passed out. I'm looking forward to meeting my squad

I'm not excited, I feel sick! Couldn't sleep again last night everything going round in my head!!

Ruffle wrote: »
    I think I'm just going to wear trousers and a blouse......I don't think they will be overly particular about what we are wearing having spoken to someone who has recently passed out. I'm so excited to go, looking forward to meeting my squad

Edit your post. No dates!!!

• Advertisement

Mop a top wrote: »

Oops, too early for my brain! Thank you. Can you edit or delete The above message this as it shows my initial message

I'm not excited, I feel sick! Couldn't sleep again last night everything going round in my head!!

Awh really? What has you nervous? You will be grand, you've done so much to get to this stage....take reassurance in that

Ruffle wrote: »
    Awh really? What has you nervous? You will be grand, you've done so much to get to this stage....take reassurance in that

I don't know! I thought I would be excited but I guess because the call came later than everyone else I haven't really prepared myself mentally lol! Also I just get anxious with change and new things! I think I just want my current job to hurry up and end! In work 40 mins and so bored already!!!

Lol it's ok, I'm the same! I'm sure you're all buzzing and don't be panicking, everyone in your squad will be feeling exactly the same. Enjoy it, you all deserve it :)

I don't know! I thought I would be excited but I guess because the call came later than everyone else I haven't really prepared myself mentally lol! Also I just get anxious with change and new things! I think I just want my current job to hurry up and end! In work 40 mins and so bored already!!!

I had waves of feeling anxious at the beginning - giving up a job ive been in for 11 years and going to something completely different is scary. Maybe after we have a better picture of what's ahead of us it will reassure everyone - I hope.

Mop a top wrote: »

Thank you mop a top

My online learning is open :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18 dementedfairy8

You guys are making me nervous about what to wear. I'm going to be coming off four, maybe five, hours sleep. I'm going to look a wreck! Hair will be up but in no way fancy. Unfortunately my shirt has a bit of colour to it. I'll be in heels because my trousers are so long.

Guys, is a national insurance number card ok? I've
    Printed off my p60 and it doesn't have my national insurance number on it and all my pay slips star it out!

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭panini

I hope so because that's what I'm bringing!

• Advertisement

You guys are making me nervous about what to wear.

Don't be worrying, as long as you look smart & presentable you'll be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 elliotness

Congratulations catdog on the call. Glad i didnt know there were last minute calls or id have been going through the motions again lol

Hopefully in three weeks time the phone rings

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭StingrayGC

Best of luck to you guys in the October intake, hopefully we will catch up shortly :-)

Guys,

I didn't write down the kit list because it appeared to be accessed via online learning. Just logged into online learning and can't find the kit list!
    Is it not on ours?? :(

Guys,

I didn't write down the kit list because it appeared to be accessed via online learning. Just logged into online learning and can't find the kit list!

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭.S.

I haven't got checking online learning yet. I noted it though, think I wrote most/all of it, I'll pm you tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 dementedfairy8

Guys,

The kit list is on mine. It's in the big sections. "Induction part one" or something.

The kit list is on mine. It's in the big sections. "Induction part one" or something.

Found it now! Cheers fairy :)

Hey guys, need a bit of advice.

I have something on during residential training that I really need to attend. It's in the evening, but I'll still need permission to leave I assume?

Can anyone PM me if you know who I should contact. I don't know whether to just leave it to I get in and ask them then - might be a bit last minute though.

• Advertisement

You are allowed to leave in the evening as long as you are back for 10/10.30pm I think??? So you don't need permission but if you will be back later or are going to be away overnight then you do need permission.

Wouldn't have a clue who to contact though...

Advertisement