Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Rugby World Cup 2015

• 17-09-2015 8:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭

Any one else fancy Fiji 30-1 to beat England Tommorow on exchange 1000-1 to win outright group of death but stranger things have happened

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭iluvfatfrogs

I've had a look at the games over the weekend, and my fav bet is

Uruguay (+30pts) half time betting v Wales with PP around 10/11 / EVS

Overall handicap is 64, but in these kind of games, the scoring is not split evenly by half, the better teams tend to run in the majority of their tries in mins 60-80.

You can also get them +70 outright at 8/13

• Registered Users Posts: 10,614 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

That was close, backed Fiji pre match +25 points :).
    Fiji just ran out of steam at the end.
    England didn't look great until they brought on the 3 subs.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,808 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

been backing the underdog in the hcap and so far 3/4
    just a tenner a pop is all for an interest, know very little about the sport

italy +18 skybet next up

• Registered Users Posts: 10,614 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

SA -43 :o.

NZ had better run riot against Argentina tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,295 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

mailburner wrote: »
    been backing the underdog in the hcap and so far 3/4
    just a tenner a pop is all for an interest, know very little about the sport

italy +18 skybet next up

Was thinking this myself. Would have been very successful at last World Cup if I remember correctly.

• Advertisement

Collie D wrote: »
    Was thinking this myself. Would have been very successful at last World Cup if I remember correctly.

think you are right, remember regretting not doing that last time

uruguay +66 looks like its going to sail in
    was mailing a mate last night asking him about uruguay +57 at 3/1 but didnt go with it

There's a great advantage to some of the midweek betting - it can pass a few hours at work tomorrow.

I'm going for a double that pays 10/11 (not great but there's potential to keep doubling up as the tournament contunes)

Scotland (-10.5pts) V Japan
    As its fairly well known, Japan had the biggest victory in their history v SA 4 days ago. Unfortunatley from a betting perspective the most important stat from that statement is that there is only a 4 day gap. Scotland come into this game very fresh, and now very much aware of the threat posed by the Japanese. Japan make 6 changes, but i would expect them to falter. Scotland will prob break the regular handicap of 17, but this bet gives loads of slack.

Romania (+48.5pts) v France
    Similiar to Scotland, this is Romania's first outing in RWC2015. They came through a qualifying group with Georgia, whom they drew with once and lost once, winning all the other 8 games. Although they are ranked 4 places behind Georgia, they would be just slightly behind in quality.
    France make 13 changes to the team that beat Italy, so have a good squad rotation. I don't think France are actually that good anyway, and there is no guarantee their fringe players will step up to mark. 48 points is a huge head start.

The double pays 1.95

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Punters

There has been a high percentage of underdogs beating the handicap markets so far and it could be the market to focus on. Best of luck. Scotland look to be on the way to winning the first leg.

New Zealand (-73.5pts) v Namibia 4/6

In qualifying, Namibia were very lucky, in a pool with 4 teams, three teams ended up with 2 wins and a loss, but qualified on points difference (during which they lost 29-22 to Kenya).

They are currently the bottom ranked team in the tournament and are total outsiders. In RWC 2011, they lost 87-0 to South Africa.

New Zealand are probably the strongest team at racking up big margin wins (no surprise), scoring 83 v Japan & 79 v Canada in RWC 2011, both of whom would be deemed better than the current Namibia team.

Throw in the fact that the second string All-Blacks will be desperate to impress, it will be gung-ho for tries from minute 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭DB74

All Blacks are 3/1 to win to NIL tonight - had a couple of quid on that for an interest

• Advertisement

DB74 wrote: »
    All Blacks are 3/1 to win to NIL tonight - had a couple of quid on that for an interest

They're 7/2 to break the ton with pp....would give you good value for money too

Yeah, 4/1 -90.5 too, again with Paddy. 13 expected tries tonight and 13 converted tries is 91 points so 4/1 looks too big here

That worked out well!

Last night didn't go to well, the All Blacks were well off the pace. I've picked a 3/1 treble for myself this weekend.
    I actually fancy these three teams to beat regular handicap but have built in slack.

Ireland (-33.5pts) v Romania
    For Romania to qualify automatically for RWC2019, they need to finish 3rd in this group, hence 2 victories. This is the least important game remaining to them, and I feel they will treat it accordingly. I will also be at this game so look forward to 8-10Irish tries

Argentina (-16.5pts) v Georgia
    Argentinas World Cup starts tonight. Last week v NZ was a bonus game. They always knew they would have to win their next 3 games to qualify. Meanwhile, Georgia's World Cup probably finished last week. Expect Argentina to do a professional job.

England (-5.5pts) v Wales.
    England will win.

Treble pays 3.98

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭jester1980

what do we think today folks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Tiger Mcilroy

Australia 5/4 against england on sat night :eek:..

also -3.5 is 7/4... surely has to be to big against an under pressure england team with the Ozzies fresh from a canter against uruguay.

Australia 5/4 against england on sat night :eek:..

also -3.5 is 7/4... surely has to be to big against an under pressure england team with the Ozzies fresh from a canter against uruguay.

fully expected the ozzies to be favourite or joint at least for that
    i took them +3 at 10/11 which seems massive

seems a no brainer to keep backing the underdogs given how well its going and have moved my stake up on each to a massive 15yoyo since the nz/namibia game :pac:

got +27 on namibia v tonga....pretty sure it was +17 before kick off
    pays to get in early although having done these a few days back there appears to little or no change yet

canada +37 10/11...which is now +38 now for same
    fiji +15.5....no real change since doing that
    italy +21 10/11
    scotland +16
    georgia +61 evens

Havent got a multiple up since the first week but here goes again:

Ireland -19pts v Italy
    I dont believe there is any reason to even bring down the spread, we should be winning this game comfortably. Prob wont reach the 40 point margin, but 20+ seems very doable.
    We really seem to have built into the 'progressing' through the tournament with an emphasis on improvement from game to game. Italy have been very poor so far, and will be looking forward to the Romania game to ensure they finish third.

South Africa -10.5 v Scotland
    Although Scotland are the only other team to have secured full points than Ireland, they were against limited teams, and Scotland themselves have a very limited squad. South Africa's defeat probably happened too early in the group, giving them plenty if time to recover, which they did do v Samoa very impressively. Expect them to push on again this weekend.

The reduction in handicap in the SA game brings this double in at just over 2/1.

Advertisement