Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Fas student looking for accommodation in waterford

• 22-09-2015 10:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi guys!!
    Looking for some help, my brother is starting fas in October. He has never lived away from home, & is very quiet!!
    We are finding it very difficult to find accommodation firstly for the short period(October - February) & secondly somewhere he won't be put in with first year girls!!!!
    If anyone has any suggestions or knows of any digs in Waterford! Any help/advice would be greyly appreciated, time is running out!!!

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Buddy of mine (WIT student) had a Fás student move in with him in Lismore Park last year for a similar time period.

Rent is dirt cheap and it's a few minute walk from the Fás building.

There's always rooms available there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Osnorma

Thanks a million for your reply, any idea who was renting the rooms? I have rang Afew of the agencies down there & they are all saying they are fully booked or don't take short periods!!
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

It was Guirys I believe.

Are they thick to not accept shorter leases? Bit of money for 5/6 months is far better than an empty room.

You could even grab yourself a bit of a bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭tv3tg4

Any options for accommodation for 2 nights per week?

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭tv3tg4

Wonder if they are any options if you only want accommodation for 2 nights per week?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Digital Society

airbnb

• Registered Users Posts: 2 mr jon

My girlfriend has been renting out rooms to students who are looking for accommodation for yrs.two minutes from the city by car .150 per week from any time now available.

Post edited by Sully on

• Registered Users Posts: 2 mr jon

Yes if you are still interested

Advertisement