Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Best breakfast?

Options
  • 20-05-2014 8:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,383 ✭✭✭

So as the title says ive a few hours to kill Thursday morning in town with a friend and we are both wondering where would be the best place to get breakfast.

I've ate in the cellar before but is there anywhere better?

We'd both be looking for a big greasy fry

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

We'd both be looking for a big greasy fry

Monroes is hard to beat

• Registered Users Posts: 13,135 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

Links234 wrote: »
    Monroes is hard to beat

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

A breakfast can be quite different depending on where you go and what you want on it.
    I like Kelly's http://kellysbar.ie/breakfast-menu/

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Mahogany Gaspipe

I had breakfast in Mc Cambridge's for the first time last week and thought it was very good.
    Not the cheapest and not the biggest plate of food but the quality and service was great.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,912 ✭✭✭✭Eeden

The Galway Arms - huge pile of food.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Personally I like The Cellar's breakfast - but have heard good things about Monroes. Also Gourmet Tart does a delicous one fry up

• Registered Users Posts: 4,383 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

wprathead wrote: »
    Personally I like The Cellar's breakfast

Oh yeah the breakfast was fine I was just wondering is there a place people would recommend.

Think we'll give Monroes a go thanks everyone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭Birroc

Stop stop stop...the best full Irish breakfast by a country mile is...

The Homeplate

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭ErnieBert

I had breakfast in Mc Cambridge's for the first time last week and thought it was very good.
    Not the cheapest and not the biggest plate of food but the quality and service was great.

+1 for McC's. Colleran's black & white pudding plus 2 eggs done whatever way you want them. And superb coffee.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,978 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Birroc wrote: »
    Stop stop stop...the best full Irish breakfast by a country mile is...

The Homeplate

Closed for the past 3/4/5 weeks at least.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Eeden wrote: »
    The Galway Arms - huge pile of food.

Thanks for the heads up, must try it, love a good breakfast feed.

The Galway Plate, on the Tuam Road does an amazing jumbo breakfast

You won't eat for the rest of the day, its massive, and seriously tasty too

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Ludikrus

ErnieBert wrote: »
    +1 for McC's. Colleran's black & white pudding plus 2 eggs done whatever way you want them. And superb coffee.

+2 for McCambridges but Gourmet tart edges it for me. It's Colleran's everything and all the rest of the above. And the brown bread is nicer : ). Not a regular thing but a huge fill up when you need it! Gone up a euro or two recently but still good value for what you get.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Tilikum

I had one in the tart co. last sunday. Everything was lovely except the scrambled eggs were horrid.

The best breakfast I've had was in the trappers. Delish!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 seanbcummins

Try the Eggs Benedict in Oslo, best around IMO. I've tried different places, outside Galway too and always end up going back there. The hollandaise sauce is always perfect!

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭chuky_r_law

some of the hotels that do a buffet will let you pay for an all you can eat brekkie. can't knock that

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭topcat77

Has to be corrib tea house for me. but i like good quality food rather than quantity.

http://www.corribhouse.com/breakfast-menu/

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭ned14

A hidden gem for breakfast, The Royal Rock Cafe in Ballybane. Hands down beats all of the others nearby (Friends, Trappers, Galway Plate).

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Mahogany Gaspipe

topcat77 wrote: »
    Has to be corrib tea house for me. but i like good quality food rather than quantity.

I agree quality over quantity for me too.

I wasn't bowled over by the Corrib Tea House, Ard Bia is my fav.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Pucan do a fab breakfast, no mushrooms thought:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭Whereisgalway

ned14 wrote: »
    A hidden gem for breakfast, The Royal Rock Cafe in Ballybane. Hands down beats all of the others nearby (Friends, Trappers, Galway Plate).

Where in Bally B is that's?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,670 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Where in Bally B is that's?

In the industrial estate.

Number 7 on the this map: http://www.galwaytransport.info/2011/06/ballybane-industrial-estate-layout-map.html

Only open Mon-Fri AFAIK.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭chuky_r_law

topcat77 wrote: »

totally agree on the quality. any of the hotels ive been to that do buffet breakfast have been very good.

corrib tea rooms is great too. at least you have a bit of a choice for breakfast, rather than the 'all day fry' option on most menus. i had the eggs bendict with bacon and sausages there last week. very tasty

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭seklly

Finnegans Corner on Market Street does a decent Full Irish as well

• Registered Users Posts: 25,670 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

eggs bendict with bacon and sausages there last week. very tasty

Ham, bacon and sausages? That's some meat overdose.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,100 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Hi,

Hope it's OK to resuscitate this thread. Best quality (not quantity) breakfast in town or surroundings please?

Eggs benedict on toasted sourdough with black pudding & chorizo in Leaf and Bean (Tuam & Briarhill) is my fav atm.

Will be in & around town tomorrow, would like to try somewhere new & delicious

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

You could try Caprice or Dela.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,978 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Harry's does excellent brunch options.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Corrib House Tea Rooms has some nice breakfast options.

• Advertisement
Advertisement