Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

May 2016 Babies Club

• 04-09-2015 12:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭

Ok, here goes. Baby no. 2 on the way. Have a 2 yr old daughter. Due mid May, a little shocked and very excited :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Career Aspirant

Good luck to you. I am 4 weeks , 3 days today and baby due early May 2016 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Congratulations girls. I think I'm about 5 weeks so due early May. Second baby too. Exhaustion has hit already :(

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭teggers5

Congrats ladies!
    Just found out today I'm pregnant and due mid May! So so excited. We got married only 3 months ago and was definitely not expecting it to happen so quickly!

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭McBubbles

Congrats everyone! Yes, tiredness is awful. Let the madness begin! Hope you are all keeping well :)

Have my first doctors appointment on Thursday. It's been 13 years since I've been pregnant so it might as well be my first :D
    The tiredness is a killer, and the sore boobs!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭otwb1

Early may for me as well. No 2 on the way. (eek)

• Registered Users Posts: 32 pythonista

teggers5 wrote: »
    We got married only 3 months ago and was definitely not expecting it to happen so quickly!

Very similar here - my EDD is almost exactly 10 months after our wedding :pac:

I sent in my antenatal care registration to the Coombe last wed and had my appointment sent out on Friday. First scan is end of October so I think I'll be about 13 weeks. I'm 99% certain I ovulated around cd7/8 so I reckon I'm a week ahead of most of the due date calculators so I'm probably about 7 weeks this week. Feeling good...much hungrier throughout the day, lesser so in the late eve and really tired. In bed and fast asleep by 9:30 most nights. How's everyone else feeling?

Went to see gp last Thursday and she was to send my letter to the hospital that day so hoping I'll hear back from them soon.
    I don't think it's actually sunk in yet that I'm pregnant!! Going by the pregnancy apps I'm 5 weeks 2 days today..

Went to see gp last Thursday and she was to send my letter to the hospital that day so hoping I'll hear back from them soon.
    I don't think it's actually sunk in yet that I'm pregnant!! Going by the pregnancy apps I'm 5 weeks 2 days today..

I don't know about other maternity services but in the coombe you no longer need a letter from your GP. I didn't bother this time. I might closer to the time just so I don't have any nasty surprises when they scan me. I've an irrational fear of an early miss this time.

• Advertisement

yellow hen wrote: »
    I don't know about other maternity services but in the coombe you no longer need a letter from your GP. I didn't bother this time. I might closer to the time just so I don't have any nasty surprises when they scan me. I've an irrational fear of an early miss this time.

Oh I'm not sure how it works these days. I automatically went to see my Dr first. I'll be attending Waterford Regional Hospital.
    I seem to have an irrational fear of EVERYTHING lately. And googling every little thing is really not helping! I'm hoping it'll pass soon and I can relax and enjoy the pregnancy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭Lucuma

Hi ladies, I'll join this thread. Due no.2 on the 1st May. Have a 1 year old already. Am 8 weeks since yesterday. Am retching in the morning, but only actually puked once thank god. Feel nauseous all day. Feel pressure in my tummy. Had terrible cramps all weekend, stomach cramps though. Am taking a variety of ginger products now to calm the nausea down, but they are making the heart burn worse. 3 weeks til my first appointment/scan on Wednesday, will be so great to tell people. Between the rugby on Sat & the football all ireland on Sunday plus a girly dinner Fri night I spent the whole weekend pretending to drink/explaining why I wasn't drinking. Hate this phase!!
    Congrats teggers I recognise you from the brides of 2015 thread! At least now you won't be feeling an anti climax after your wedding :-)

Lucuma wrote: »
    Congrats teggers I recognise you from the brides of 2015 thread! At least now you won't be feeling an anti climax after your wedding :-)

Thanks Lucuma and congrats to you too! :)
    Yes the wedding seems a distant memory now.

I think I'm 8 weeks this week and although I'm not sick, I just feel crappy most of the time. Evenings are probably worst and dinners just don't seem to settle. I'm also exhausted. Willing away the next 5 weeks so I can just get my scan over with.

Congrats yellow hen..
    I'm the same, the nausea is pretty mild but I'm feeling absolutely sh1te all the time and shattered regardless of how much sleep I get.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 kelly08

Hi All
    Thought I would join this thread as I just found out I am pregnant. We have been trying for over a year and just found out today (about 4 weeks). It's a great surprise but a shock! Feeling a bit nauseous already, light headed and definitely tired (I thought it was work as I've been travelling!). Frightened and excited all at the same time. Booked a doctor appointment for tomorrow!

Congrats yellow hen..
    I'm the same, the nausea is pretty mild but I'm feeling absolutely sh1te all the time and shattered regardless of how much sleep I get.

yeah the general feeling of sh1te is, well, sh1te
    Only a few weeks to the 12 week mark then we can talk about being pregnant all day!

Lucuma, teggers - I was on the 2015 brides thread on my main account too ;)

pythonista wrote: »

I wonder how many more "brides of 2015" will be joining us here :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4 elliebelly

hi all, came across this thread and thought id post as im 5 weeks pregnant and new to all this, be nice to having people to talk to about it! been having mild cramps on and off, i was googling and most people say its quiet normal? has anyone else had that?!😕

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Kathy22

First time mum due May 15th, went to my doc this week just to confirm it. Excited but also very nervous of every cramp and pain. Exhausted all the time but have had no nausea or morning sickness which is good. The worst is the tiredness and the heartburn. Rang the Retunda to book my scan but got a voicemail so hopefully hear back Monday. I wish I could fast forward to the 13 week mark. Dying to feel 'safer' and to tell people. I feel like I have so much to learn :O

pythonista wrote: »

Congrats! Was it a honeymoon baby!! We were trying since the wedding (after having practically taken a vow of chastity beforhand I was NOT under any circumstances going to not be able to drink at my own wedding !!!) and it took 3 months which I was pleasantly surprised at !

elliebelly wrote: »
    hi all, came across this thread and thought id post as im 5 weeks pregnant and new to all this, be nice to having people to talk to about it! been having mild cramps on and off, i was googling and most people say its quiet normal? has anyone else had that?!😕

On my first I had this a lot. I think it's womb stretching pains. Don't have so much of it this time around

Congrats! Was it a honeymoon baby!! We were trying since the wedding (after having practically taken a vow of chastity beforhand I was NOT under any circumstances going to not be able to drink at my own wedding !!!) and it took 3 months which I was pleasantly surprised at !

Not quite - apparently conceived two and a half weeks after the honeymoon though! EDD is almost exactly ten months after the wedding...

Has anyone had a rash or itching. I have developed a dotty rash on my shins, elbows and stomach and generally feel itchy. My doctor advised against antihistamines when i first visited as i do have a tendency to get allergies. Just wondering if this is something anyone has experienced or is it just me and my weird self :confused:

Kathy22 wrote: »
    Has anyone had a rash or itching. I have developed a dotty rash on my shins, elbows and stomach and generally feel itchy. My doctor advised against antihistamines when i first visited as i do have a tendency to get allergies. Just wondering if this is something anyone has experienced or is it just me and my weird self :confused:

Just keep an eye on it. Could be this:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pruritic_urticarial_papules_and_plaques_of_pregnancy

Just keep an eye that it's not on palms of hands or soles of feed as it could be cholestasis of pregnancy (a liver condition) doesn't sound like it's that though

Just keep an eye on it. Could be this:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pruritic_urticarial_papules_and_plaques_of_pregnancy

Just keep an eye that it's not on palms of hands or soles of feed as it could be cholestasis of pregnancy (a liver condition) doesn't sound like it's that though

Thanks for the info Lucuma, its more eczema which I haven't had since I was a child. I will inform the doc at my scan next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭cinloom

hi all i am due start of may 16. Did anyone explain to you difference between semi private and public ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Firstime

Hi....Newbie here.

When do you have your first scan? We are waiting for Holles st to make contact .

We are new to this baby business so I just assumed it was 12 weeks. I don't want to ask anyone as its still all secret!

• Advertisement

cinloom wrote: »
    hi all i am due start of may 16. Did anyone explain to you difference between semi private and public ?

Sorry in my hospital we only have public or private so I dunno :confused:

Advertisement