Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Know Your Elves - #3 Kitten_K

• 21-09-2015 9:18am
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Happy Monday!!

After a miserable wet Sunday and only 95 days to come there is no denying Christmas is coming!!

This week we are joined by the wonderful kitten_k

I'll kick start,

What's your favourite Christmas Eve tradition?
    Real tree or artificial?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

I love the whole of Christmas Eve. My typical Christmas Eve consists of a mini Christmas in my apartment with my best friend and my two year old god-daughter. We open our Christmas stockings, listen to Christmas songs and have some goodies. We then pack up the car and go down to my mams for a while to drop off the presents and my clothes (I stay there until the day after Stephens Day). We then do the same in my friends mams and then head to the local pub for a few scoops. Then back to my friends mams for turkey and ham sandwiches and to set everything up for Santa before going hope to bed so Santa can come. So all in all it is a very Chrismassy day!

I am on of the rare people that prefer an artificial tree. Love when it's time to decorate the tree.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

Hi kitten _k !

Don't worry your not that rare! Do you colour theme /Co ordinate your christmas decorations ?

Do you prefer Coloured or white Christmas lights ?

When do you start putting up your christmas decorations?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Artificial tree fan here aswell so definitely not uncommon :)

Glitzgirl wrote: »
    Hi kitten _k !

Don't worry your not that rare! Do you colour theme /Co ordinate your christmas decorations ?

Do you prefer Coloured or white Christmas lights ?

When do you start putting up your Christmas decorations?

My Christmas tree has a silver and red theme with white lights. The other decorations aren't really co-ordinated in any particular way.

The tree gets put up for the toy show so will be going up on the 27th November this year.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

What Christmas song do you find it impossible not to sing along to?

Have you ever spent Christmas abroad?

What is the ultimate Christmas drink?

• Advertisement

Scarinae wrote: »
    What Christmas song do you find it impossible not to sing along to?

Have you ever spent Christmas abroad?

What is the ultimate Christmas drink?

has to be Fairytale of New York - love that song. Love when I first hear it on the radio - sure sign Christmas is on the way.

Yea I spent Christmas 2005 in Australia, had a great time but would rather be home for Christmas and away for New Year.

I really like the Eggnog Latte from Starbucks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

Would your family or yourself be big into crafts or home made gifts, for christmas, and if so when do you have to start making them ?

Also what is your favourite food from your christmas dinner plate !

No we wouldn't be creative at all so all our decorations are shop bought.

I love the turkey and ham with stuffing but also love the mushy peas as it's the only time of year that I have them.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Favourite Christmas Movie?

My favourite Christmas movie is also my favourite movie of all time - Mary Poppins.

I am going to see the musical in the Board Gais the week before Christmas so can't wait.

• Advertisement

I saw Elf in the Bord Gais last year the week before Christmas it was so magical! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

Have you ever had a Christmas disaster? Dropped the turkey on the floor/wrong presents etc?

:)

mud wrote: »
    Have you ever had a Christmas disaster? Dropped the turkey on the floor/wrong presents etc?

:)

There was one year I brought some present I was given with me to the local pub on Christmas Eve and someone picked then up when they were leaving thinking it was theirs! Luckily I got them back.

No cooking disasters as Mammy does the cooking :D:D:D Although one year her turkey didn't defrost in time before she went out on Christmas Eve so my brother ended up having to look after it until she came back!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭snowgal

hey kitten-k! Jezz Ive missed the first few of these know your elves, I CANNOT keep up with the time this year! Perfect Christmas weather, cold, dry, snow, wind, sun?!Best moment/memory you have from any Christmas? Do you have a favourite Christmas smell?Do you pull crackers after diiner on Christmas day?

Best moment/memory you have from any Christmas?

Probably when I was about 10/11 my sister and I had asked for a hi-fi system, opened all our presents and didn't get one. Then my dad said he thought he seen something at the back of the tree and there it was!

Do you have a favourite Christmas smell?

Lovely the smell of the christmas dinner being cooked.

Do you pull crackers after diiner on Christmas day?

We pull them after dinner once you have eaten all your dinner!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

If you could get rid of one Christmas song and one Christmas movie out of existence, what would they be?

Do you go to Church or Mass or any special events around Christmas? (Just realised this question makes me look uber religious, I'm so not!!!)

I would get rid of Little Saint Nick by The Beach Boys as I think it has more of a summer feel to it. Film wise it would be a tie between The Holiday and Four Christmases as I didn't like either of them.

I wouldn't be very religious so don't go to mass.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Do you and your family/partner have any unusual Christmas traditions?

If some eccentric Christmas-loving billionaire gave you a load of money with the caveat that you could ONLY spend it on Christmas-related things… What would you use it for?

I wouldn't say it's unusual but I live with my best friend and her two year old daughter. We have our own little mini Christmas on Christmas Eve - we put the Christmas CD / Christmas FM on and open our Christmas stocking presents to each other. We then visit both families before going to the local for our Christmas Eve drink.

I would bring my close friends and family to Lapland for a few days. When we got back I would have a Winter Wonderland themed party for the rest of my friends and family (and of course the Christmas Boardsies!). I would also spend some of it on buying Christmas presents for the children and families that have no home to go to for Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,360 ✭✭✭washiskin

Hello Kitten K,

Mars or Cadburys Selection Box?

What would be in your time machine Selection Box?

• Advertisement

Definitely the Cadburys one.

My ideal selection box would be Wispa, Dairy Milk, Starbar, chunky white milky bar, Reese Peanut Butter Cups and of course the obligatory Curly Wurly!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

What treats do you always buy at Christmas?
    You know; it might be Pringles or a box of After Eights...what do you love to eat, treat-wise?

Do you do much baking?

I always buy mince pies and tea cakes at Christmas. Love them .

Have always wanted to bake more but I don't really have the time for it.

Advertisement