Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PSNI Recruitment 2015

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

Its a bad job when a new start in PSNI desk job has a higher starting wage than new trainee constables :-/ where's the logic?!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭HighburyLad

Good to see you back Homer mate :)

Mop a top wrote: »
    Its a bad job when a new start in PSNI desk job has a higher starting wage than new trainee constables :-/ where's the logic?!?!

Is civilian staff getting paid more now mop? That is bad craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 elliotness

Bringing the waiting stage will sick days from work (my current desk job) count against me??

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭Catdog33

elliotness wrote: »
    Bringing the waiting stage will sick days from work (my current desk job) count against me??

Fed up elliotness and going on the sick until the call comes? Lol Don't think it will.

• Advertisement

Is civilian staff getting paid more now mop? That is bad craic.

Researcher job starting £23400 to £24700. You tell me :-/

Anyone get an email from Grafton about a potential role with PSNI?

Is this a researcher job being advertised now? I didn't get an email but then I've never applied for a civilian job

They didn't email about the researcher job. Seen it on a different website. The one Grafton have is a communications content analyst

Damn, I seen a while ago maybe a few months ago for admin staff starting on like 19k which I thought christ that's what we as potential cons would be starting on, with a couple hundred extra for security reasons a month but that's it, kinda messed up when you really think about it, thems the breaks I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭ZeGerman

Great to get the chance to improve the score, I'm maybe more excited at seeing Gee back on the boards. He's been here since I was a long time lurker and has had as many campaigns under the belt as I have.

• Advertisement

Damn, I seen a while ago maybe a few months ago for admin staff starting on like 19k which I thought christ that's what we as potential cons would be starting on, with a couple hundred extra for security reasons a month but that's it, kinda messed up when you really think about it, thems the breaks I suppose.

Not impressed at all my lovely!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Homer01

It'll be interesting to see what changes they've made to the process this time. I would say they've definitely made some tweaks to the AC.

Obviously previous applicants should be able to bypass the IST :D (we should be so lucky)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Homer01

Has there been any talk on how many actual positions are available for this upcoming campaign?

Homer01 wrote: »
    Has there been any talk on how many actual positions are available for this upcoming campaign?

Don't even know how many they are taking from the current campaign so who knows??

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭QueenP

Just had a thought, in 30/35years time when we all have had fabulous careers in the job, the same recruitment problem is gonna arise because we will all be at retirement age hehe (I need to get a life)

QueenP wrote: »
    Just had a thought, in 30/35years time when we all have had fabulous careers in the job, the same recruitment problem is gonna arise because we will all be at retirement age hehe (I need to get a life)

As long as I'm not still sitting here waiting in 35 years time then I don't care lol!! :-D

Or we'll all be back on boards talking about the glory days

• Registered Users Posts: 2 E16

Will hopefully be applying for the new campaign also, best of luck everyone..
    Been reading through the boards, seems a great place for info.

Well team it's Facebook official now!! Queue all the haters tagging their mates making fun of an amazing career!!

QueenP wrote: »
    Well team it's Facebook official now!! Queue all the haters tagging their mates making fun of an amazing career!!

Yep, I've seen it. And the mongs have started commenting too. I've heard a few people criticising the starting salary too so that may put some people off

• Advertisement

Catdog33 wrote: »
    Yep, I've seen it. And the mongs have started commenting too. I've heard a few people criticising the starting salary too so that may put some people off

I'd work for half the starting salary just to be in a job I'd love!! Lol I'm getting so desperate now. I just really wanna be in it. And I really wish they'd get processing the rest of the 1405 list! I dunno about anyone else but I just have this awful feeling that they'll do the same again...it's disheartening :(

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭VES86

It has been a while since I've logged in here! let the chase begin...AGAIN

Is it really bad I check boards before Facebook now. This is getting ridiculous now, ah well you're a more interesting bunch of bloody nutters than the Facebook friends anyway. Besides you're all twisted enough like me to go for another torturing session lol. Must go have a nosy what they're saying ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Goonerdee

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/psni-is-180-officers-short-of-a-full-force-says-assistant-chief-constable-31543672.html

OK, so they are starting a fresh recruitment campaign but don't know if they can afford it. Being really selfish here, why can't they exhaust the current merit list first, why spend a fortune setting up more ISTs and ACs.

Goonerdee wrote: »
    http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/psni-is-180-officers-short-of-a-full-force-says-assistant-chief-constable-31543672.html

OK, so they are starting a fresh recruitment campaign but don't know if they can afford it. Being really selfish here, why can't they exhaust the current merit list first, why spend a fortune setting up more ISTs and ACs.

Seen this in the paper today myself Dee, the interview seems to be a bit dated as the number quoted is higher than what is seen on the strength of statistics section off force numbers on the PSNI website and it was last dated July 2015 with less than quoted on the article and I believe they have deliberately not updated the numbers since July as I have heard a lot left over the summer and maybe their trying to not alarm the public of how much they are down to, just my opinion. The new campaign is to get recruitment going again in terms of when they take the number from this campaign whatever that is which from what I heard will run into the summer in terms of people and squads going into garnerville, by then they should have the first squad ready from campaign 3 which I reckon will be sometime maybe summer or this time next year, bear in mind this third campaign was to start back in Jan 2015 so this is nothing new to us.

Goonerdee wrote: »

Nothing seems to make sense to us at times but we grin and put up with it cos it's the dream job my lovely. No one wishes they'd exhaust a merit list more than me ;) Think on it like this, at least it's another shot at it! You could score a cracking good AC and be one of the first through the door of hotel GV in June/July if things don't work out in C2 for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭RedmondHR

Urghh I started a masters as didn't think the PSNI or the Gardaí would be recruiting soon. How long do the panels usually last for with recruitment?

I'd say even if you score really really high 80+ You won't be in GV until next summer at least

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭dunner515

Is there a number I could ring from the south to query about the recruitment, just a few questions I have and would like to get a formal answer

Advertisement