Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Classic van insurance

• 16-09-2015 9:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi there, I'm looking to import a 78 Van. It's a bit unusual ex military van a Russian UAZ 452 but I'm finding it hard to get any insurance quotes. Does anyone know if there is anywhere that insurers classic vans?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭pryantcc

These guys can force companies to quote you:
    http://www.insuranceireland.eu/consumer-information/general-non-life-insurance/motor

"Insurance Ireland operates a Declined Cases Agreement, which is adhered to by all motor insurers in Ireland.

Under the agreement, the insurance market will not refuse to provide insurance to an individual seeking insurance, if he/she has approached at least three insurers and has not been able to obtain cover from them. In general, the insurer first approached will be required to provide the individual with a quote. It is therefore important that the proposer keeps a careful note of the order in which he/she approached each of the three companies.

Where an individual has held a policy within the previous three years, the insurance company concerned is obliged to provide the individual with a quotation. Again this is subject to the proviso that refusals have been received from three insurers (of which the previous insurer may be one).

The only grounds on which an insurer can refuse cover are where to provide insurance would be contrary to public interest.

The agreement is administered by a Committee made up of representatives of each of the companies who have signed the agreement. The Committee also includes a representative of the Consumers’ Association of Ireland and the Financial Services Ombudsman’s Bureau as external observers. If it is impossible to identify which insurer was the first approached for a quote, then a rota of insurers comes into effect and the Committee allocates the risk to the next insurer on the rota.

The Committee can also decide whether a quote is so high or the terms so excessive as to make the quote tantamount to a refusal, in which case it will review the matter.

For assistance regarding the Declined Cases Agreement, contact the Insurance Ireland’s Insurance Information Service."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭shagman

IVETA (irish ventage engine and tractor association) run a scheme through Campion insurance brokers. I have my 79 Chevy van insured as a classic through them.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Sherpas

Thanks for that I'll try them tomorrow morning. I was also thinking I might get benches fitted in the back to as some of these vans have and make it a passenger vehicle which might make it a bit easier to insure. But the fact no one has the van on their books is making it hard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭jacob2

can u get classic van insurance on a 98 ford transit or does it have to be older to get cover

Advertisement