Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Great Dublin Bike Ride - Sunday 13th September **no entry requests/offers**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

One size fits most??
    I don't really know, that is what we were told. I've another meeting on Thursday I'll raise it again then.

Small, medium, large, extra large, me.

I just checked. I signed up on the 25th June.
    If I don't get a jersey, I will be annoyed and may even have to write a strongly worded letter to someone.

• Moderators Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

Eamonnator wrote: »
    If I don't get a jersey, I will be annoyed and may even have to write a strongly worded letter to someone.

I can give you a contact!

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Einstein?

I was chatting to them on fb on 31st of July and they told me that the cut off was on the Tuesday (28th July) when they reached 1000 entries.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭whacker00

conkennedy wrote: »
    I like your style!:D

Also, in other news... I received my number to day and a link to the handbook, thanks CI, etc

:eek::eek::eek:

Is there numbers being sent out didn't get anything about that in the confirmation details

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭conkennedy

Did you get an email today? My mail had a 'entry' number. I would have presumed, as someone mentioned earlier, your number would go with your pack.

Perhaps the organisers could clarify in advance of Saturday's sing up?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Anyone I can email or talk to about a late entry? I know, I know I had loads of time and I'm a lazy fûčker but I'd like to do this if its at all possible.

iamtony wrote: »
    Anyone I can email or talk to about a late entry? I know, I know I had loads of time and I'm a lazy fûčker but I'd like to do this if its at all possible.

Oh sorry I just seen the no entry request thing forget I said anything.

conkennedy wrote: »
    Did you get an email today? My mail had a 'entry' number. I would have presumed, as someone mentioned earlier, your number would go with your pack.

Perhaps the organisers could clarify in advance of Saturday's sing up?

No, I didn't get an email.
    I'm a bit surprised, that I didn't, as I signed on so early.
    I reckon, I must have been in the first couple of hundred to sign on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,107 ✭✭✭mr spuckler

nothing stopping you doing the route on sunday anyway! just bring your own food in case they don't let you into the stops

• Advertisement

nothing stopping you doing the route on sunday anyway! just bring your own food in case they don't let you into the stops

Yeah but it's not the same without a free tee shirt and a medal. I'd have to take the day off work so it would have to be worth me while.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Neleven

Other than the fact that it would be a little bit insulting to the organisers who use the entry fee to arrange road closures, marshalling, food stops, goodie bags, marketing, medical support etc. Not to mention a little insulting to all the entrants who forked out €40.

Of course, no one owns the road, so you're right, nothing stopping you.

Neleven wrote: »
    Other than the fact that it would be a little bit insulting to the organisers who use the entry fee to arrange road closures, marshalling, food stops, goodie bags, marketing, medical support etc. Not to mention a little insulting to all the entrants who forked out €40.

Of course, no one owns the road, so you're right, nothing stopping you.

the stops comment was tongue in cheek but otherwise i think you might need to climb down off that horse if you're calling it insulting to the organisers! i'd expect they won't get too insulted at a handful of people taking advantage of the closed north quays until 9am, after all it's on fully open roads from that point on.

the registration cut-off caught out a lot of people (myself included) meaning that the money which I and others are willing to spend cannot go into their pot to fund any of your list. having stated up front that they were targeting up to 5,000 entrants they're now going with around 3,000 with plenty left disappointed.

on the open roads point, will be interesting to see how they marshal out past clontarf, the road is in a really shocking state past the wooden bridge as far as watermill road.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Cyclewizard

the stops comment was tongue in cheek but otherwise i think you might need to climb down off that horse if you're calling it insulting to the organisers! i'd expect they won't get too insulted at a handful of people taking advantage of the closed north quays until 9am, after all it's on fully open roads from that point on.

the registration cut-off caught out a lot of people (myself included) meaning that the money which I and others are willing to spend cannot go into their pot to fund any of your list. having stated up front that they were targeting up to 5,000 entrants they're now going with around 3,000 with plenty left disappointed.

on the open roads point, will be interesting to see how they marshal out past clontarf, the road is in a really shocking state past the wooden bridge as far as watermill road.

Iv tried to contact them but they are firm that its closed so will be cycling the route and just not stopping. id have gladly given them 40euro i missed the entry closure thing so my fault but i even offered to go down to the offices to pay them so i wont feel too guilty cycling along the route

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,188 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I will be annoyed and may even have to write a strongly worded letter to someone.
    You can write one to me if you like - can't be any worse than some of the PMs I get about my modding....

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Neleven

Fair enough - it's hard to spot a tongue in someone's cheek when you're mounted on a high horse.
    Agree too that the cut off is early, but I can only assume that as this is the first such event on such a scale in Dublin they want firm numbers well in advance. It's a pity that people are ending up disappointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Rambling Man

Looking forward to a jersey with "Great Dublin Mixed Messages Bike Ride" emblazoned on it. Don't really care, looking forward to the spin.

• Company Representative Posts: 31 Verified rep GreatDublinBikeRide: Anna

Hi iamtony, unfortunately we are not able to take any more registrations. Closing date for registartion was Sunday 6th September.

traprunner wrote: »
    According to their Facebook:

Parking is available in Q Park Four Courts across from Smithfield for €4 for the day.

Additional parking is being provided at Collins Barracks through the Arbour Hill entrance. No mention if it's free or pay.

Hi Traprunner, The parking at Collins Barracks is Free

Also to highlight again in relation to the GDBR Cycling Jersey; if you signed up before the 28th July that means you were one of the first 1000 entries and will therefore receive the GDBR Cycling Jersey. We have ordered enough cycling jerseys to cover all sizes for everyone.

Lastly just to remind everyone that the Participant Information Booklet is available on the GDBR website which should answer a lot of your questions.
    http://greatdublinbikeride.ie/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Participant-Information-Booklet.pdf

Sorry for the late reply on some of your queries, we are busy getting ready for a big weekend and hope you are looking forward to it.

• Advertisement

Also to highlight again in relation to the GDBR Cycling Jersey; if you signed up before the 28th July that means you were one of the first 1000 entries and will therefore receive the GDBR Cycling Jersey. We have ordered enough cycling jerseys to cover all sizes for everyone.

Lastly just to remind everyone that the Participant Information Booklet is available on the GDBR website which should answer a lot of your questions.
    http://greatdublinbikeride.ie/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Participant-Information-Booklet.pdf

Sorry for the late reply on some of your queries, we are busy getting ready for a big weekend and hope you are looking forward to it.

Thanks for answering some questions.
    I'm looking forward to the spin. But, I still haven't got the email from you, that a lot of people appear to have got. When can I expect to get it?
    I know, you are busy. So am I, I paid for this event, with certain expectations.
    Receiving information in a timely fashion was one of those expectations.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

I'm looking forward to the spin. But, I still haven't got the email from you, that a lot of people appear to have got. When can I expect to get it?
    I know, you are busy. So am I, I paid for this event, with certain expectations.

Mine was in my Gmail spam folder - have you checked your spam?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭OleRodrigo

I havent got my medal yet.

:pac:

OleRodrigo wrote: »
    I havent got my medal yet.

:pac:

The old ones are the best.

xebec wrote: »
    Mine was in my Gmail spam folder - have you checked your spam?

Yes.

Hi Eamonnator, apologies if you did not receive the email yet. Can you email info@greatdublinbikeride.ie and we will resend it to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

I certainly hope they do stop freeloaders availing of the "Facilities" that all those who have registered and paid for!

By all means cycle the route on the day...no issue with that at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭WAPAIC

I didn't get an email either, have sent you an email.

• Moderators Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

Hi Traprunner, The parking at Collins Barracks is Free

Are there any restrictions on that car park? I'm not familiar with it so not sure if there is a gate that would stop parking before a certain time.

• Advertisement

07Lapierre wrote: »
    I certainly hope they do stop freeloaders availing of the "Facilities" that all those who have registered and paid for!

By all means cycle the route on the day...no issue with that at all.

see lengthy reply on previous page, that comment was not meant to be taken seriously, my most sincere apologies to all of those who did :)

i agree re freeloaders availing of facilities that entrants have paid for.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement