Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Murmur: Is there a more perfect album

• 05-08-2015 12:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40,122 ✭✭✭✭

thread title says it all. I've started going back to the albums of my youth (yes, i am THAT old) and even 30 years later all the songs on this album sound fresh. what albums from your youth still sound fresh today?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭keith_d99

thread title says it all. I've started going back to the albums of my youth (yes, i am THAT old) and even 30 years later all the songs on this album sound fresh. what albums from your youth still sound fresh today?

Laughing ... a fave track of mine!

Another album that has stood the test of time for me ...

Cocteau Twins - Heaven or Las Vegas

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Dandelion6

Aztec Camera - High Land, Hard Rain

• Registered Users Posts: 12,300 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Murmur by REM?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,122 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Skerries wrote: »
    Murmur by REM?

the very one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭Hippo

I love Murmur (except maybe for West of the Fields), but returning to my youth, and at the risk of referencing an album that everyone's probably sick of hearing, Sgt Pepper's still sounds incredibly fresh. I know, it's not indie - but it certainly was alternative.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭NapoleonInRags

Pavement - Slanted and Enchanted

Still sounds fantastic...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

I love Murmur although I think Reckoning would be my favourite album of theirs.

I'm a good bit younger but I guess The Bends, Definitely Maybe, Grace and Siamese Dream still sound fresh today.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Bjork - Debut.
    Listening to her unplugged as we speak, forgot how much I loved her voice...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,726 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Suas11 wrote: »
    I love Murmur although I think Reckoning would be my favourite album of theirs.

These are the 2 REM albums I still go back to the most. They did a lot of good stuff later on (maybe not so much after Bill Berry left) but those first 2 records still sound incredibly fresh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Anesthetize

I prefer Reckoning to Murmur. Both of them are still the best albums of their career.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭trashcan

Fables of the Reconstruction for me. Murmer is great too though. The first 5 albums from REM are all terrific. They got patchier after that, and after Automatic for the People especially.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

Sonic Youth -- daydream nation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Le Surge Eyed Amant

Pixies - Doolittle

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭denlaw

The queen is dead is still fantastic... I hadn't listened to it for a few yrs till last week when i had to drive to sligo for work... Magnificent album..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

Sigur Ros - ()

Advertisement