Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Americans - RTE pace

Options
  • 29-06-2013 9:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Can anyone tell me what episode rte2 are on at the moment. I caught an episode last week and it really looks like a good show. I need to catch up tho!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭Sparko

Episode 7 was the latest shown, ep 8 and 9 are on next Thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭Sparko

And I've just discovered my recording of that episode ended early because football overran and rte didn't update their schedule on sky. Damn it!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭lertsnim

It's on the RTÉ Player. I caught this weeks episode as it came on after the football and thought it was awful. The acting was very wooden at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

don't mean to be a prude but there seems to be too much hanky panky on it..are they doing it just for the ratings?? cause i see no other reason for it

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

wow this is such a change to the other thread

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,204 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

The sex is part FX, part spy craft.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

When does the second season start on RTE?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,204 ✭✭✭Poochie05

When does the second season start on RTE?

There was an article on RTE website last week sayin 13 May at 22:45.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 North by Northwest

Hi, does anybody know if Season 3 is airing on RTE anytime soon? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,656 ✭✭✭brian_t

brian_t wrote: »

The Americans series 3 starts on RTÉ Two at 9:00pm on Monday 6th July.

• Advertisement

Thanks for that

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,204 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Good sign they keep showing it, I guess.

will there be lots of jiggy jiggy in it?

Watched Series 3 opener last Monday night on RTE - was okay but not spectacular and I found myself having to watch it again on the player a few nights later to really get what happened. Anyway I guess it can be difficult to keep things fresh for dramas such as this, but having said that I think it'll be worth sticking with it, looks to be good scope for plots to develop such as with Paige and with the new addition of Tatiana at the Rezidentura.

Also we look to be in 1982 now (Brezhnev's death) however I think there were events in Series 2 from about 1983/84 (maybe Iran Contra but I'd have to check back). Did anybody else pick up on this?

Enjoy

never knew Yazoo were known as Yaz in the States

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭Arrow in the Knee

I missed all the episodes of season 3 so far in RTE 2.
    Is it going to be on ITV this year?

It will be on ITV Encore but no air date yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,291 ✭✭✭jmcc

Some of them should be on RTE Player.

Regards...jmcc

ITV aren't showing it, the Encore channel is just repeating series 1 & 2!

zorro2566 wrote: »
    ITV aren't showing it, the Encore channel is just repeating series 1 & 2!
    Rubbish !
    ITV secures exclusive rights for the UK premiere of The Americans series 3 and 4

ITV today announced it has secured the exclusive UK rights to series 3 and 4 of the award-winning drama The Americans, to air on ITV Encore, a channel dedicated to unmissable drama.

Series 1 and 2 of The Americans, which aired on ITV in June 2013 and May 2014, will transmit on ITV Encore from July 2015, with the brand new third series starting later this summer.
    http://www.itv.com/presscentre/press-releases/itv-secures-exclusive-rights-uk-premiere-americans-series-3-and-4

• Advertisement

so Martha is a spy too? and Philip doesn't realise it?

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Aimeee

By accident i found The Americans on rte2 Monday night. Its the new series (to Rte). I can't believe I've missed the first 5 episodes. Did they not advertise it??
    Anyway I can watch the last two on player. Where would I find the ep 1 and 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Aimeee wrote: »
    By accident i found The Americans on rte2 Monday night. Its the new series (to Rte). I can't believe I've missed the first 5 episodes. Did they not advertise it??
    Anyway I can watch the last two on player. Where would I find the ep 1 and 2.

Its being running on RTE since the start of the programme.

Mod: Streaming Link removed. Please read charter.

Knock yourself out! :)

Aimeee wrote: »
    Did they not advertise it??

You need to follow the Irish Premiere Dates thread :)
    brian_t wrote: »
    The Americans series 3 starts on RTÉ Two at 9:00pm on Monday 6th July.

Season 3 starts on ITV Encore on Wednesday August 19th at 10pm

Thanks for the info. I've watched season 1&2 when they aired on rte2. Mad at myself that I completely missed the start of series 3. Will have to do some catching up!
    Ok I know I'm coming across as stupid but where do I find itv encore? Is it one of the sky channels?

Fabulous thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭lazeedaisy

Guys how do I get Sky 123

• Advertisement

anyone watching it monday nights or am i the only one??

good isn't it,

Advertisement