Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Narcos [Netflix] ***Spoilers ****

• 25-06-2015 6:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭

Narcos is a crime drama television series, slated to debut on August 28th, 2015 on Netflix.

The series was created by Chris Brancato, Eric Newman, and Carlo Bernard, and will be a serialized take on drug kinpin Pablo Escobar and the Medellin Cartel. The first series will be ten episodes in length.

Looking forward to this one.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

I'll be adding this to my list so.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Niemoj

Looks good, something to look forward to come 28 August I suppose!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

first full trailer, hopefully theyll show both sides of the drug war,

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

Looks good, hopefully better than the Entourage film on the same subject starring Vince Chase

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭den87

Looks great. Another month to wait though...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭LaVail

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭den87

Cant freaking wait for this

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Will this be released all at once, or will it be a weekly thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,031 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Will this be released all at once, or will it be a weekly thing?

First 2 are on release date, I hope the rest are too but can't confirm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭adelcrowsmel

Got an email from them today and it says "All episodes"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,031 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Available tomorrow, I can't wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Signing back up to Netflix especially for this!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

thank god its a quite time for TV, can enjoy this next week :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,193 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Enjoyed the first episode. Set up the key players - Esobar's got reach. It felt more like a film than a TV show, imo. There's even a few Renault 4s in there.

You knew one of the
    pregnant women would die - pretty scummy thing to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

This is my weekend sorted. The whole Escobar story is fascinating, looking forward to see what they do with it. If people haven't read Mark Bowden's Killing Pablo, then I highly recommend it. Amazing story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

This is fantastic. Doubt I'll leave the apartment at all this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,269 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Two episodes in and it's fantastic.

A really interesting way of telling the story as well.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,193 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Based on 4 episodes, Escobar is the Terminator - an unstoppable machine.

Reminds me of Underbelly a bit. Would love if we could do a series here focusing on the real life characters

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

A serious 'hour long movie' style show by Netflix. This is the kind of thing they need to put more effort on releasing to make it to the HBO level. Only two episodes in but want to binge it so much!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Well, this comes as a nice surprise. Anybody else reminded of Fran from Love/Hate when Pablo was having his mugshot taken in episode 1. Thing is he was a lovable rogue up until the weed intake and the paranoia set in. I'd second the recommendation about reading Killing Pablo, a good book especially for anyone who remembers Colombia featuring in the newspapers back in the 80s and Escobar making the Forbes (embarrassingly for them) list of Worlds Wealthiest.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,475 ✭✭✭brianregan09

On episode 4 now , Really loving this I reckon I'll have it finished before the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Started at 2pm yesterday and finished a few minutes ago! Damn, probably gonna be another year until the next season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Just finished off no. 10 there.
    Episode 9 in which Pablo Does Hard Time will have you in ribbons.
    Hoping for season 2 because my Spanish is coming along nicely.

I've watched 7.

Is this Netflix's first original subtitled show? I know they'll never release the viewing figures, but it'll be interesting to see how it does.

Wagner Moura has been terrific as Escobar.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Wagner Moura has been terrific as Escobar.

I love his blank stare. Leaves you guessing what words will come out of his mouth.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,269 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I've watched 7.

Is this Netflix's first original subtitled show? I know they'll never release the viewing figures, but it'll be interesting to see how it does.

I thinks it's there first major series.

I say it will be huge viewing figures in the Central & South American Netflix regions.

Next year the are going with three major series in different languages Marseille (French) 3% (Portuguese) Hibana (Japanese)

Making original series in the regions language is great business I think.

• Advertisement

Im thinking of Brendan Gleesons quote in the Guard reffering to the Colombian drug cartels " You'd have to admire their enterprise" ha ha.

Advertisement