Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Boards Division 2 Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭fisgon

johnmcdnl wrote: »
    Takeaway ordered so I can get the last hour in studying for the draft without worrying about mundane things such as making healthy food.

Studying?! Now I am intimidated! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

fisgon wrote: »
    Studying?! Now I am intimidated! :)

I should have made a 4 course meal instead :o

EDIT - having a quick look at the projections (which of course mean everything) looks like I have the highest projection for week 1 somehow with 124.32 so mightn't be just that bad :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Onecoolcookie

Drafted from 14th, happy enough overall, any opinions?

QB - Kaepernick
    RB - Gio Bernard
    RB - Toby Gerhart
    WR - Brandon Marshall
    WR - Emmanuel Sanders
    WR - Golden Tate
    TE - Delanie Walker

BN - Carson Palmer
    BN - Steve Smith
    BN - Jonathan Grimes (Texans RB)
    BN - Davante Adams (Packers WR)
    BN - Harry Douglas
    BN - Andre Williams (Giants RB)

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Blured

Drafted from 14th, happy enough overall, any opinions?

QB - Kaepernick
    RB - Gio Bernard
    RB - Toby Gerhart
    WR - Brandon Marshall
    WR - Emmanuel Sanders
    WR - Golden Tate
    TE - Delanie Walker

BN - Carson Palmer
    BN - Steve Smith
    BN - Jonathan Grimes (Texans RB)
    BN - Davante Adams (Packers WR)
    BN - Harry Douglas
    BN - Andre Williams (Giants RB)

I was picking 15th, you nabbed a couple of players (Gerhart, Tate) just before I was going to. Like the team, lots of lottery tickets on the bench, but no kicker or D?

Heres my team, forgot how hard it is picking in a 16 team league. I sort of panicked when Golden Tate was taken just before my pick and ended up taking Matt Ryan - was planning on waiting a couple more rounds for a QB

QB - Matt Ryan
    RB - DeMarco Murray
    RB - Ben Tate
    WR - AJ Green
    WR - Michael Crabtree
    WR - Reggie Wayne
    TE - Zach Ertz
    DEF - Saints
    K - Matt Bryant

BN - Joe Flacco
    BN - Ahmad Bradshaw
    BN - Lance Dunbar
    BN - Kelvin Benjamin
    BN - Cody Latimer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭TaosHum

Got confused with my drafts and thought this one was on tonight :(

Ended up with

Tony Romo QB
    Alex Smith QB
    Ronnie Hillman RB
    Marshawn Lynch RB
    Trent Richardson RB
    Khiry Robinson RB
    Donnie Avery WR
    Alshon Jeffery WR
    Jordy Nelson WR
    Kendall Wright WR
    Jared Cook TE
    Stephen Gostkowski K
    Denver D

Not bad for an auto-draft. Problems at RB though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭me89

Happy enough with my team just might be a bit short at WR.

QB-Tom Brady
    QB-Derek Carr
    RB- LeSean McCoy
    RB- Reggie Bush
    RB-Mark Ingram
    WR-Julian Edelman
    WR-Tavon Austin
    WR- Dwayne Bowe
    WR-Cecil Shorts
    WR-Kenny Stills
    TE-Julius Thomas
    TE-Tim Wright
    K-Mason Crosby
    D-Bears

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭evil_seed

IDBT1OA.jpg

Lacy concussion already. Hmmmm

What genius drafted Ray Rice in this league? Oh right, it was me..... :mad:

completely missed out on waivers. my other league does them on Thursdays. Thought it was the same. Bollox anyways

• Advertisement

Surprised to see someone drop Keenan Allen, especially after he had his best game of the year last week. Should be a great pickup for Team of Gary Breen's

324183.PNG

Not sure which of ye are playing in this - but I hope neither of ye have to go to bed early :P

johnmcdnl wrote: »
    324183.PNG

Not sure which of ye are playing in this - but I hope neither of ye have to go to bed early :P

Yeah, that was me, Stompers. Scraped a win here, I was well down and then Demaryius Thomas goes crazy and scores 35 odd points. Phew!

Blured wrote: »
    Surprised to see someone drop Keenan Allen, especially after he had his best game of the year last week. Should be a great pickup for Team of Gary Breen's

That was me. I was drunk. Don't remember doing it :o

Like waking up with Emile Heskey as your captain in the other fantasy football

Getting Josh Gordon back this week - so could move one of my other WRs. Reggie Wayne, Kelvin Benjamin and new fantasy superstar Jonas Gray all available for trade. Looking for an upgrade at Tight End or Quarterback

4 teams this week - that's 25% of the league - haven't bothered to set a full lineup this week, they are starting injured players, players on bye, or have just left a space empty.

It's not much to ask for people who signed up for a league to take five minutes out of their week to set a lineup. People giving up in week 12 completely distorts the competition and should not be acceptable.

Back to back promotions secured! The Blu York Giants are heading for Division 1.

Playoffs now set, myself and Ha Ha Monica Loves Clinton Dix get the Week 13 byes, with Warfield Warriors playing the Stompers and The Poontown Pussycats facing off against Los Horseboxos.

Well played to everyone, was quite a competitive league with everyone in the playoffs 8-5 or better. Pity we had a few inactives, I hope they put up a better effort next year in the lower divisions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Coeus

Well played to everyone, was quite a competitive league with everyone in the playoffs 8-5 or better. Pity we had a few inactives, I hope they put up a better effort next year in the lower divisions.
    I actually finished worse (3-10) than the inactives and I can easily say this was my poorest outing in a Boards FF league :o

Hopefully I get a chance to redeem myself in this division, if there are enough inactives to save me from relegation :-) Best of luck to all in the playoffs!

Back to back promotions secured! The Blu York Giants are heading for Division 1.

Playoffs now set, myself and Ha Ha Monica Loves Clinton Dix get the Week 13 byes, with Warfield Warriors playing the Stompers and The Poontown Pussycats facing off against Los Horseboxos.

Back-back-back promotions for me :cool: Started back in Division 4 the first year it was running and have been promoted every year since I started out in Boards leagues.
    Initially wasn't too happy with my draft but somehow has worked out nicely for me and finished the regular season with top points scored.

Never have had a bye week before so not entirely sure as to what to do with myself for the weekend now :o

Just posted this in the Playoff Finals thread, but the Division 2 final this year is actually a replay of last year's Division 3 final, myself versus TaosHum. With johnmcdnl also getting promoted from Division 3 last year and securing promotion again this year, looks like we had a good crop promoted last year!

• Advertisement

I actually hadn't noticed that! Hopefully I can come out on top in the final this year!

Congrats to TaosHum and the Warfield Warriors on the Division 2 win. My team decided to stop playing this week putting up my lowest score of the season. See you next season in Division 1, maybe we can make it 3 finals in a row.

Thanks. You were unlucky to have your worst week in the final.

Just waiting on one more team to join up.
    I'll put a poll up for a draft date over the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Hanners

Ignore me just joined

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Great, looking forward to it. Very little consensus on who the top picks will be.

Poll is up. I'll keep it open until Wednesday 2nd.

http://doodle.com/22f5hh5xkdcr7nyy

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

Voted Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday at 8 or 9. Was in a draft that started at 10 last year and it ran till midnight, it turned into a chore so would really like an earlier start!

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭niall1811

I've gone for anytime Sunday or 10pm any of the days. Stupid job makes early drafts difficult, can't be dealing with work interfering with fantasy football.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭poldebruin

niall1811 wrote: »
    I've gone for anytime Sunday or 10pm any of the days. Stupid job makes early drafts difficult, can't be dealing with work interfering with fantasy football.

Same as myself, work aligns terribly with it this year. Nothing worse than rushing home from work and navigating the draft client.

Advertisement